Rewards Missing

More
1 week 12 minutes ago - 1 week 10 minutes ago #40200 by Frasier1
Replied by Frasier1 on topic Rewards Missing
I just got off the phone with CS. He was not very helpful. I told him my rewards were wiped clean and he just said "yes we know, it happened during an upgrade" I said I know how much I had and I told him. He said he made "note" of it but did not say they were put back on my account. He then said to "call back in a few hours or tomorrow" I then asked if they have "New plans" and he said "we haven't been told anything". Not very impressive and I'm on a paid plan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo, Chosen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 minutes ago - 1 week 4 minutes ago #40201 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Rewards Missing

Frasier1 wrote: I just got off the phone with CS. He was not very helpful. I told him my rewards were wiped clean and he just said "yes we know, it happened during an upgrade" I said I know how much I had and I told him. He said he made "note" of it but did not say they were put back on my account. He then said to "call back in a few hours or tomorrow" I then asked if they have "New plans" and he said "we haven't been told anything". Not very impressive and I'm on a paid plan.

This would have been an opportune time to send an email to customers informing them about the rewards being deleted due to a bad update. Who do they think they are, Micro$oft?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo, Frasier1, Chosen

More
6 days 23 hours ago #40202 by Chosen
Replied by Chosen on topic Rewards Missing

Frasier1 wrote: I just got off the phone with CS. He was not very helpful. I told him my rewards were wiped clean and he just said "yes we know, it happened during an upgrade" I said I know how much I had and I told him. He said he made "note" of it but did not say they were put back on my account. He then said to "call back in a few hours or tomorrow" I then asked if they have "New plans" and he said "we haven't been told anything". Not very impressive and I'm on a paid plan.

Some folks in our group just reported similar poor interactions with CS regarding their rewards balances. Essentially they were told to call back tomorrow to see if the rewards balance was restored.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

More
6 days 23 hours ago - 6 days 22 hours ago #40203 by Isamorph
Done gone Global. New focus, which sounds worse for us than the old fuzzy focus.

We'll see about grandfathering our plans.

"FreeUP Mobile initially launched with a focus of trying to provide free cellular service to all through the use of a rewards program. A representative from the company has informed BestMVNO that the rewards program will remain in place, however, the company's "new focus is on coverage, network quality, and best in class global calling." FreeUP Mobile's phone plans were updated this morning."

bestmvno.com/freeupmobile/freeup-mobile-has-updated-wireless-plans-get-6gb-of-lte-data-for-30-month/

To add: Looking at FU's global plans I noticed that there was a country called "Local", whatever that means. I thought maybe it could mean within one's own country since the USA is not a listed global calling country. I also noticed the global plan has a PayGo feature for countries not listed as Global calling countries such as the USA where calling is .02 cents a minute. I wonder how that this Paygo thing works. When trying to find out more, one reaches a Youtube video that is not available. Confusing site is FreeUp.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
6 days 22 hours ago #40204 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Rewards Missing
Targeting global callers is not a bad marketing strategy if one is looking for a niche-- although it seems several MVNOs are already targeting that segment.. For most users, the real question is whether the 1 or few countries likely to be called regularly by an individual are included in the plan.

I don't place enough international calls for it matter.

It seems like a company would do a backup of account info before a major update-- so perhaps the balances are restorable if they're inclined to do so. I do know our balance in 1 account to within $1, and think I know the other, but with a little less certainty.

Here's where some doubt comes in-- the pesky fact that billaway sites are non-responsive, and the coincidental timing with the FreeUP site upgrade.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

More
6 days 21 hours ago #40205 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Rewards Missing
Perhaps billaway went out of business.

It would explain the sudden changes.

More
6 days 20 hours ago #40207 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Rewards Missing

mmfacemm wrote: Perhaps billaway went out of business.

I've been wondering....
Checking just now, the billaway sites I'm aware of are back up-- including freeup.billaway.com.
Might be a good idea to log in and save screenshots.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Chosen, puppydude

More
6 days 20 hours ago #40208 by Isamorph

KentE wrote:

I've been wondering....
Checking just now, the billaway sites I'm aware of are back up-- including freeup.billaway.com.

Also the rewards are back up on FU My account summary site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Diedrich_Duo

More
6 days 20 hours ago #40209 by puppydude
Replied by puppydude on topic Rewards Missing

KentE wrote:

I've been wondering....

Really good idea.Just did that very thing. I've got over a hundred bucks accumulated because I keep putting off starting a new paid plan. Right when you think it's smooth sailing FreeUP will do something.......
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
6 days 20 hours ago #40210 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Rewards Missing
Well that was a crazy adventure. Sometimes it is better not to know about these things as they eventually sort themselves out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo