New free plan?

More
3 months 6 days ago #34241 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic New free plan?
I'm 10 days out so I will find out soon enough unless someone beats me to it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 6 days ago #34242 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic New free plan?

mmfacemm wrote: I'm 10 days out so I will find out soon enough unless someone beats me to it

And PEW indicated his renewal was about 6 days ago, (25 days left on cycle as of yesterday), and renewed on the old plan.

• Zev161
  • Zev161's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cans+String
  • Cans+String
More
3 months 6 days ago - 3 months 6 days ago #34244 by Zev161
Replied by Zev161 on topic New free plan?
I am also in 10 days for renewal. We'll see that soon....

More
3 months 6 days ago #34258 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic New free plan?
Whew, good news! -- we are still grandfathered in. Renewed free plan, shows next month's plan as 500 talk/text + 100mb. Hopefully FreeUp will keep it this way forever -- the month-to-month uncertainty is starting to feel unpleasant. FreeUp should send an e-mail reassuring customers that the 100mb plan is here to stay grandfathered. That will calm people down and inspire confidence in the company.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, mmfacemm, LouP

More
3 months 6 days ago #34263 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic New free plan?

peterquinn wrote: Whew, good news! -- we are still grandfathered in. Renewed free plan, shows next month's plan as 500 talk/text + 100mb. Hopefully FreeUp will keep it this way forever -- the month-to-month uncertainty is starting to feel unpleasant. FreeUp should send an e-mail reassuring customers that the 100mb plan is here to stay grandfathered. That will calm people down and inspire confidence in the company.

My honest opinion-- I'm glad the grandfathered plan is still around-- but I'd have no problems at all having to switch to the 1000t&t/0mb IF FreeUP would get coupons working for everyone and make it easy to add the 250mb add-on, preferably on a automatic monthly basis. Any of us could easily earn the $5/mo in rewards to do that, if all of us could earn rewards reliably.

More
3 months 4 days ago #34318 by tech-stitch
Replied by tech-stitch on topic New free plan?
Ok. With all of these changes, is the plan still truly free (no taxes, fees etc)? Also, has anything changed as far as requirements to keep the free plan (# of required tasks)? I am considering this as a backup voice solutions should I drive into a T-Mobile dead spot. I figured I'd ask prior to go though the trouble of ordering and setup. Thanks!

More
3 months 4 days ago #34321 by mmfacemm
The free plan has become easier. All that is required is to log in up to a week before your renewal date and click renew. Other than that it is totally free and works like a charm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tech-stitch

More
3 months 4 days ago #34322 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic New free plan?

tech-stitch wrote: Ok. With all of these changes, is the plan still truly free (no taxes, fees etc)? Also, has anything changed as far as requirements to keep the free plan (# of required tasks)? I am considering this as a backup voice solutions should I drive into a T-Mobile dead spot. I figured I'd ask prior to go though the trouble of ordering and setup. Thanks!

I opened a free plan about three weeks ago, and when I logged in today I received $10 bonus match for having earned $12.20 printing coupons the first three weeks of the plan. And, yes, one must log in about a week before the plan renew date and click renew my free plan.

More
3 months 4 days ago #34323 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic New free plan?

Isamorph wrote:

tech-stitch wrote: Ok. With all of these changes, is the plan still truly free (no taxes, fees etc)? Also, has anything changed as far as requirements to keep the free plan (# of required tasks)? I am considering this as a backup voice solutions should I drive into a T-Mobile dead spot. I figured I'd ask prior to go though the trouble of ordering and setup. Thanks!

I opened a free plan about three weeks ago, and when I logged in today I received $10 bonus match for having earned $12.20 printing coupons the first three weeks of the plan. And, yes, one must log in about a week before the plan renew date and click renew my free plan.

Don't get too attached to that $10 bonus. It has a habit of disappearing and reappearing on a fairly frequent basis.

More
3 months 4 days ago #34324 by mmfacemm
I am surprised he got it as it has been said elsewhere that freeup has said they have discontinued the $10 match. My 2nd account that reached $10 about a week ago didn't get the $10. I emailed support but no answer.