New free plan?

• Zev161
  • Zev161's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cans+String
  • Cans+String
More
2 months 1 week ago #34216 by Zev161
New free plan? was created by Zev161
Looks like FreeUp removed free 500/100mb plan and replaced with 1000/0mb plan. Not good, at least for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 months 1 week ago #34218 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic New free plan?
Yep, looks like they fixed the glitch... I am no longer able to renew to the old plan...
I guess with voice and text, F-Up SIM is now only a match for dumb flip/bar phones.

More
2 months 1 week ago #34221 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic New free plan?

PEW wrote: Yep, looks like they fixed the glitch... I am no longer able to renew to the old plan...
I guess with voice and text, F-Up SIM is now only a match for dumb flip/bar phones.

I recommend pairing it with a FreedomPop Sprint MiFi, which is probably the only FreedomPop device worth having, anymore.

550 MB in a compact package.

I've got two and I'll just be sure to turn one on and throw it in my purse when I carry my FreeUp phone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LouP

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 months 1 week ago #34222 by PEW
Fortunately, I can just live off Sprint 1 year free on a family mbr's acct to Jan 2020 (Mar or Jun 2020 if I sign up my own acct in Mar or Apr)... no stress.

More
2 months 1 week ago #34227 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic New free plan?

PEW wrote: Yep, looks like they fixed the glitch... I am no longer able to renew to the old plan...

Are you in the last 7 days?

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 months 1 week ago #34230 by PEW

mmfacemm wrote:

Are you in the last 7 days?

No, 25 more days... I am able to just click on 'change plan' to program in next month's plan.

More
2 months 1 week ago #34231 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic New free plan?
If your plan isn't up for renewal, I don't think the 'upgrade' plans available tell you anything. I saw the same 1000/0mb plan as an upgrade option before renewing my plan on the 500/100mb plan about 12 days ago.

zev161, are you looking for a new line, or a renewal? If a renewal, are you in the last week of your current month? That's the point at which most of us saw the option to renew on the old plan.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 months 1 week ago #34234 by PEW
Last month, when programming in next month's 'change plan', I had the 500/100mb plan... today, only the 1000/0mb plan... :(

More
2 months 1 week ago #34238 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic New free plan?

PEW wrote: Last month, when programming in next month's 'change plan', I had the 500/100mb plan... today, only the 1000/0mb plan... :(

No guarantees until zev161 (or someone else) confirms more recent renewals, but...

From memory, days before the renewal popup appeared on my account, the 500/100mb plan was nowhere to be seen moving forward. When the renewal popup appeared in the last week, renewing on the 500/100mb plan became a choice. This would be the expectation if the old 500/100mb plan is only available for grandfathered renewals on lines already on that plan. It's not likely to appear under the "change plan" menu since no one can 'change' to a plan that is no longer a current offer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
2 months 1 week ago #34239 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic New free plan?
I hope KentE is right. With all the failed coupon credits, if my current 500/100mb plan isn't available when I go in to renew, I'll just cancel FreeUp and move to RedPocket.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lexusl21