FreeUP not working in "dumbphone"

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #33612 by RingieDingie
This may have been answered elsewhere but I didn't find it. I have an old AT&T Pantech Matrix C740 3G phone that I decided to try the FreeUP SIM in. It knows the SIM is there and displays the associated phone # in Settings/Phone information, but service does not work. I added an APN with no better results. The APN fields available do not include all the fields in the specification, not sure if that is the problem, or something to do with it being a 3G phone, or... ? Anyone know?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #33614 by Chelle

RingieDingie wrote: This may have been answered elsewhere but I didn't find it. I have an old AT&T Pantech Matrix C740 3G phone that I decided to try the FreeUP SIM in. It knows the SIM is there and displays the associated phone # in Settings/Phone information, but service does not work. I added an APN with no better results. The APN fields available do not include all the fields in the specification, not sure if that is the problem, or something to do with it being a 3G phone, or... ? Anyone know?

Thanks

Did you log into your account and associate your phone with the SIM?
The following user(s) said Thank You: RingieDingie

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
3 months 4 weeks ago #33615 by PEW
I use it in a Z222 3G flip phone so I don't think that's the problem.
Have you tried in another device to make sure the SIM is working?

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #33616 by RingieDingie
[/quote]

Did you log into your account and associate your phone with the SIM?[/quote]

Good question - forgot to mention that yes I did after it initially didn't work, and still having same issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #33617 by RingieDingie

PEW wrote: I use it in a Z222 3G flip phone so I don't think that's the problem.

Yes, it's been working previously in an Android phone.

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #33618 by Isamorph

RingieDingie wrote:

PEW wrote: I use it in a Z222 3G flip phone so I don't think that's the problem.

Just wondering if you initially checked the phone on FreeUP's compatibility checker?

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #33619 by RingieDingie

Isamorph wrote:

RingieDingie wrote:

Just wondering if you initially checked the phone on FreeUP's compatibility checker?

I don't think I did, but it let me change to it, assumed that did the same checks?

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #33620 by Isamorph

RingieDingie wrote:

Isamorph wrote:

RingieDingie wrote:

I don't think I did, but it let me change to it, assumed that did the same checks?

You want to check it again, for I'm a bit leery of the statement below about not having to check your phone before signing up, although it does say if a phone doesn't work it can always be set up later. Perhaps an email or call to FreeUP is in order.

"WANT TO HANDLE THIS LATER?
Do you have a phone that you know will work with our network but don’t have it with you or don’t have time to check compatibility? No problem! You can simply move on to choosing your plan and we can link up your device later."

www.freeupmobile.com/compatibility

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #33621 by RingieDingie

Isamorph wrote:

RingieDingie wrote:

Isamorph wrote:

RingieDingie wrote:

You want to check it again, for I'm a bit leery of the statement below about not having to check your phone before signing up, although it does say if a phone doesn't work it can always be set up later. Perhaps an email or call to FreeUP is in order.

"WANT TO HANDLE THIS LATER?
Do you have a phone that you know will work with our network but don’t have it with you or don’t have time to check compatibility? No problem! You can simply move on to choosing your plan and we can link up your device later."

www.freeupmobile.com/compatibility

Thanks, I may try contacting them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #33622 by st3fx
Does inbound call go straight to voicemail?

What is the error message when trying to make an outbound call?

Try master clear/reset by following this tutorial: