The $10 Bonus

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #33965 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic The $10 Bonus
... and mine is gone again a few hours later....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #33970 by Diedrich_Duo
Replied by Diedrich_Duo on topic The $10 Bonus
Looks like it's time for a new game: Where's Waldo('s Reward)?

Seriously, I hate to publicly criticize young startup companies, and I'm really rooting for FreeUP to make it, but their numerous recurring problems associated with crediting (and keeping) rewards is getting a bit unsettling. I sincerely hope that this company doesn't go the way of RingPlus, but it is resembling that "free spirited community" more and more.

FreeUP, please prove me wrong and make things right so that you can live long and prosper!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Isamorph, lexusl21, Frasier1

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #33996 by ajzwilli
Replied by ajzwilli on topic The $10 Bonus
After a few times of showing up / going away, my $10 bonus has been missing for over a couple weeks now. Contacted support...will see what happens

On a related note - has anyone received any $1& 5% of earning bonuses for referrals. Do those referrals have to be to paid plans?

"When you refer friends and family, they will receive $5 just for signing up and you will receive 5% of their reward earnings plus $1 each month they use FreeUP."

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #33998 by dmarkson
Replied by dmarkson on topic The $10 Bonus
What is the $10 bonus? Is that only for referring someone? I could not find it documented anywhere.

My FreeUp rewards balance shows $0.00 for whatever reason (has been for several days). My billaway balance (where the coupons are) shows $15.12.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #33999 by ajzwilli
Replied by ajzwilli on topic The $10 Bonus
Looks like they have removed it or I can't find it anymore on their site - but they would match the first $10 in rewards you earned.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #34016 by KentE

dmarkson wrote: What is the $10 bonus? Is that only for referring someone? I could not find it documented anywhere.

My FreeUp rewards balance shows $0.00 for whatever reason (has been for several days). My billaway balance (where the coupons are) shows $15.12.

Not sure this is the issue with your $0.00 balance on the FreeUP dashboard.... but try clicking on the drop-down menu for the phone # field, and selecting your number, even if the correct number already appears there.
I sometimes need to do that for the other fields to populate correctly.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #34019 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic The $10 Bonus
Click around different screens and it will eventually update. Their page is ....

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #34023 by KentE

ajzwilli wrote: After a few times of showing up / going away, my $10 bonus has been missing for over a couple weeks now. Contacted support...will see what happens

On a related note - has anyone received any $1& 5% of earning bonuses for referrals. Do those referrals have to be to paid plans?

"When you refer friends and family, they will receive $5 just for signing up and you will receive 5% of their reward earnings plus $1 each month they use FreeUP."

I think Frasier1 does receive the $1 & 5% bonus, from one or more of his referred lines. (Frasier1 was the 'early adopter' who was kind enough to share his FreeUP experiences here.) I know one forum member posted screenshots indicating the bonus, and I think, but am not sure, that it was Frasier1.

I don't recall any other member mention of receiving the $1 + 5% bonus. Two people have used my referral, and both received their $5 referral sign-up bonus, so the referral process seemed to work okay on that side of the equation.
There may be rules we don't know about in this regard-- perhaps the referred member needs to be on a paid plan, or perhaps the referring member needs to be on a paid plan. Or perhaps it's just something else that isn't working.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #34024 by woo_24
Replied by woo_24 on topic The $10 Bonus
I just signed up my father-in-law with his own account/line using my referral number and so far neither side has received our referral bonuses yet. HOWEVER, the SIM was just ordered and still enroute, so maybe it needs to be activated first. Will update when it arrives and I get him set up.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #34037 by dmarkson
Replied by dmarkson on topic The $10 Bonus
My balance on the main FreeUP account shows $0.00. Tried deleting cookies and used several browsers. Zero. As I said, the credit shows up, and the balance is increasing by doing the coupon thing, in my billaway account. Seems I am the only one with this issue.

It does not matter at this point because you can't easily do anything with the balance. But I would hate to miss the one coupon a month minimum because of it.

My account resets tomorrow so we will see what that does.

Support never was able to get the app running for me, but that does not really matter either.