Successfully used rewards for add-ons

• woo_24
  • woo_24's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cans+String
  • Cans+String
More
2 months 1 week ago #33557 by woo_24
I ran out of my free 100MB data allotment so I sent FreeUp support a question asking about buying add-on data with my accrued rewards.

They responded that the feature was not available online yet, but that they could process it if I sent approval in a response. I said sure and they deducted $5 from my rewards for an additional 200MB. All within a few hours today.

I understand the cost/MB is not the best deal but it used rewards earned via coupons, so nothing out of pocket. Was worth the ask to know this is an option moving forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Chelle, PEW, Isamorph, mmfacemm, lexusl21, LouP, Frasier1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #33568 by KentE
Thanks for taking the initiative to follow up on that, woo_24! It's encouraging that the response indicates it may become available online.
For me, that option is likely to work better than upgrading to the $10 plan. 500 talk or text would typically be enough for me, & the option of up to 400mb (in 2 x $5 add-ons) would probably work better for me. I agree that the theoretical cost of the add-on is largely irrelevant, as long as it's easy to earn rewards to cover it.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #34849 by johnsmith
Has anyone used an add-on more than once in a billing cycle yet?