FreeUP - turn off voicemail?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #34789 by ajzwilli
@johnsmith - I'm interested in your solution - but I need help - how does the caller get connected to your google voicemail? In this solution I found you put in the google number after the *004*, but that isn't what you did. Can you clarify?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #34790 by LouP
Replied by LouP on topic FreeUP - turn off voicemail?

ajzwilli wrote: @johnsmith - I'm interested in your solution - but I need help - how does the caller get connected to your google voicemail? In this solution I found you put in the google number after the *004*, but that isn't what you did. Can you clarify?

@ajzwilli ....you have to set google voice to forward to your freeup phone number. The reason that I do not have my google voice number after the *004* is because I was getting double ringing when I did this (ie., my cell phone would first ring and then after no pick up, my google voice app would pop up and start ringing and eventually the caller would get the google voice mail). When i put in the 800 # (which rings busy) everything worked fine (ie, my cellphone would ring and if no pickup, it would go to google voicemail)

You can test both methods on your phone and see which one works best for you.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #34792 by ajzwilli
Thanks LouP - I tried the 800 number option, but on a test call to my number, after it rings my cell phone, I get "call cant be completed as dialed". I double checked that I used the correct 800 number. I even did a test call directly to that number and I get a busy signal. Guess I'll (and my callers) will have to live with the extra rings before they can leave a vm.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #34794 by ajzwilli
I enabled Do Not Disturb on my google voice and that will send the caller straight to voicemail after it is done ringing my cell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LouP

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #37693 by RoadRanger
I used their support form to request that they remove voicemail from my line and it worked! If you call the number it does have an unavailable message either after many rings or immediately if the phone is off but that doesn't make Google Voice not continue to ring your other devices and eventually use Google Voice Voicemail :-) .
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE