FreeUP coupons not crediting

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #34076 by Frasier1
There are so many variables that it's almost impossible to track down. As mention above, we are dealing with 3 company's FreeUP, Billaway, and Coupons.com. Then you have hundreds of phone models (iphone 6,7,8,etc Android this or that) Then you have dozens of Different operating systems (Android 4-9 IOS 4.4 etc) Then you have people printing on laptops and computers and tablets as well as phones. Then you have people printing 2 at once and one at a time. Then you have people who clear the cashe and people who don't. Added to the mix is my thought that I wonder if you are printing the "same" coupon more than once does it not count? Then you have people who actually print the coupon and some who save it to a PDF or Google drive. So with dozens of variables and thousands of possible combinations of those variables it's no wonder it's hit or miss. (not making excuses, I agree it should work) Having said that, I estimate that I get proper credit about half the time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #34088 by peterquinn
Coupons just don't credit for me. Call me crazy but I even kept a daily log of what I did for coupons in a spreadsheet! I have tried all combinations I could think of. On different phones. On data. On wifi. Through the app. Different browsers. Ad blocker off. No clearing cookies. Log off and log in multiple times. Print 1 coupon at a time. Print 2 coupons at a time. On a tablet. On a computer. At home. At work. At McDonald's. At Walmart. At home on data. At home on wifi. At home on data on Nougat phone using OperaMini. And so on.

I can't find any pattern other than coupons just don't credit for me consistently. Most days I get no credit. Some days I get credit for just 1 coupon. I don't know why I persist with this!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, PEW, Diedrich_Duo, Frasier1

More
5 months 1 week ago #34089 by Isamorph

peterquinn wrote: Coupons just don't credit for me. Call me crazy but I even kept a daily log of what I did for coupons in a spreadsheet! I have tried all combinations I could think of. On different phones. On data. On wifi. Through the app. Different browsers. Ad blocker off. No clearing cookies. Log off and log in multiple times. Print 1 coupon at a time. Print 2 coupons at a time. On a tablet. On a computer. At home. At work. At McDonald's. At Walmart. At home on data. At home on wifi. At home on data on Nougat phone using OperaMini. And so on.

I can't find any pattern other than coupons just don't credit for me consistently. Most days I get no credit. Some days I get credit for just 1 coupon. I don't know why I persist with this!

From what you have said, you deserve credit for your persistency.:) Seriously, though, one can only hope FreeUp has listened and will hop to and fix things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo, Frasier1

• PEW
  • PEW's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
5 months 1 week ago #34090 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
I always use the phone and always the same phone. I would venture to say 90% duds, counting from the very beginning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #34091 by Diedrich_Duo

peterquinn wrote: Coupons just don't credit for me. Call me crazy but I even kept a daily log of what I did for coupons in a spreadsheet! I have tried all combinations I could think of. On different phones. On data. On wifi. Through the app. Different browsers. Ad blocker off. No clearing cookies. Log off and log in multiple times. Print 1 coupon at a time. Print 2 coupons at a time. On a tablet. On a computer. At home. At work. At McDonald's. At Walmart. At home on data. At home on wifi. At home on data on Nougat phone using OperaMini. And so on.

@peterquinn, I'm not keeping a spreadsheet, but I've done most of the other things you've listed, with even worse results than you! If it really is a requirement that at least one coupon needs to get printed each month to keep the free account active, mine is on the endangered species list. (However, I have a workaround -- a bit inconvenient, but so far it's been effective -- I just call customer service midway through my month, explain that I've been trying every way I can to print coupons for credit, and somebody at their end finally credits one coupon, which so far has kept my account going.)

Does anyone know if you can keep the free account active by completing surveys instead of printing coupons? (I've had better luck with the surveys, getting most of those credited.)

It's good to see that some FreeUPers are getting consistent coupon / reward crediting. Hope their good fortune extends to the rest of us soon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph

More
5 months 1 week ago #34092 by Diedrich_Duo

PEW wrote: I always use the phone and always the same phone. I would venture to say 90% duds, counting from the very beginning.

As you were saying... :)

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #34094 by Isamorph

Diedrich_Duo wrote:

@peterquinn, I'm not keeping a spreadsheet, but I've done most of the other things you've listed, with even worse results than you! If it really is a requirement that at least one coupon needs to get printed each month to keep the free account active, mine is on the endangered species list. (However, I have a workaround -- a bit inconvenient, but so far it's been effective -- I just call customer service midway through my month, explain that I've been trying every way I can to print coupons for credit, and somebody at their end finally credits one coupon, which so far has kept my account going.)

Does anyone know if you can keep the free account active by completing surveys instead of printing coupons? (I've had better luck with the surveys, getting most of those credited.)

It's good to see that some FreeUPers are getting consistent coupon / reward crediting. Hope their good fortune extends to the rest of us soon!

Re-Free account activity: From the TOS--"SERVICE END DATE: Subscribers on the Free Plan must log into the Rewards app at least once per month and take one action to maintain Free Talk & Text Plan." So I take this to mean "any" one rewards activity will keep the account active.

Perhaps your workaround for coupon crediting should be bumped up to one phone call per day, and we'll call it D_D's manual crediting protocol.:unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #34095 by Diedrich_Duo

Isamorph wrote: Re-Free account activity: From the TOS--"SERVICE END DATE: Subscribers on the Free Plan must log into the Rewards app at least once per month and take one action to maintain Free Talk & Text Plan." So I take this to mean "any" one rewards activity will keep the account active.

Perhaps your workaround for coupon crediting should be bumped up to one phone call per day, and we'll call it D_D's manual crediting protocol.:unsure:

Thanks for double-checking the TOS, @Isamorph. I haven't read them for a while and obviously did not commit them to memory (although, at my age, committing anything to memory is more and more challenging). Perhaps I don't need to worry about those coupons after all.

As for naming that daily-nagging-for-rewards scheme after me... well, I've been called lots worse! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #34096 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
I almost feel guilty that 98% of my coupons credit and 20% of my videos credit. My mother's account is 98% and 10%.

I print coupons to PDF in a mix of ways, every day. Whatever is handy.

1) Through Billaway site in Chrome browser on Chromebook.
2) Through Billaway site in Chrome browser on Android phone.
3) Through Rewards app on Android phone.
4) Through Rewards app on Kindle Tablet (with Google Play Store added).
5) Through Billaway site in Chrome browser on Kindle Tablet.

They all seem to work equally well, and mixing and matching doesn't seem to cause any deleterious effects.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Frasier1

More
5 months 1 week ago #34098 by dmarkson
100% of my coupons credit ... to my billaway account.

However 0% get credited to my FreeUp account. It actually did work up - both had the same credit balance up to a week or two ago.