FreeUP coupons not crediting

More
1 week 5 days ago #40082 by tech-stitch
I do agree with you. I was just starting to get spoiled with data to spare!

Back in the day, I could do away with 200MB of data a month. Anyway, the $15 option with the 1GB looks like will be my new norm. And with the funds up to this point, it's paid for 7 month.

Of course, I am not thrilled about the option being gone, but I can see many reasons why they took it away (e.g. revenue changes, countless of crediting issues, etc).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #40083 by mmfacemm
They were also probably making a big loss on the coupon prints. I think that once they factored in how much work it was taking to sort out issues it was not in their interest to continue.

More
1 week 5 days ago #40084 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
I hope this doesn't turn into a case of 'unintended consequences' for FreeUP.

I know a lot of users here printed coupons even though they were on the free plan, which did provide some revenue generation for FreeUP. (I'm one of them, and I've printed the full amount of coupons each day even though the free plan currently suffices for my needs.)
If they don't come up with a reasonable alternative to coupons, I fear lots of those folks will turn into real 'freeloaders', and hasten the end of the free plan entirely.

Honestly, I think the $15 rate is good. The problem for me (and FreeUP) is that the $8-$10 Red Pocket plan would work just as well for me, and I need some way to offset the cost for it to make sense. (As long as accumulated rewards stay available, I can justify offsetting that extra cost for 1 1/2 years, but the extra income generation would be problematically back-loaded for FreeUP-- if there was a way to apply my saved rewards at $8/mo, and pay the additional $7 out of pocket, it would work better for FreeUP..)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Isamorph, Frasier1

More
1 week 5 days ago #40095 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
If coupons.com has also been removed from other Billaway rewards programs, I doubt the decision was made by FreeUp.

Reference: www.nthcircle.com/forum/freeup/2697-freeup-reduces-coupons-to-10-cents?start=10#37706
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph, tech-stitch

More
1 week 5 days ago #40097 by 112059
Replied by 112059 on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
Gulf Power Points may also have suffered from the coupon failure. Here is part of the e-mail I received from them:

You are receiving this email because you have an existing Gulf Power Points account. Thank you for being a loyal user and Gulf customer.

Beginning August 31, 2019, Gulf Power Points users will no longer earn points as the program will be discontinued on September 30, 2019.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PEW, st3fx

More
1 week 5 days ago #40099 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
Nice research, st3fx.
Odd that only freeup.billaway still has the coupons page active.
The following user(s) said Thank You: st3fx

More
1 week 5 days ago #40101 by Isamorph

st3fx wrote: If coupons.com has also been removed from other Billaway rewards programs, I doubt the decision was made by FreeUp.

Reference: www.nthcircle.com/forum/freeup/2697-freeup-reduces-coupons-to-10-cents?start=10#37706

It does appear to be another case were the ad vendor or rewards vendor pulled the plug on its relationship with the other party to the contract. Given my few contacts with FU CS where they seemed to have little power over what was taking place on billaway.com and didn't seem to even know what was going on there, it would appear that you are quite correct that FreeUp did not make the call, which would explain FU's not notifying its customers promptly before the event since they had no idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: st3fx

More
1 week 5 days ago #40102 by Frasier1

112059 wrote: Gulf Power Points may also have suffered from the coupon failure. Here is part of the e-mail I received from them:

You are receiving this email because you have an existing Gulf Power Points account. Thank you for being a loyal user and Gulf customer.

Beginning August 31, 2019, Gulf Power Points users will no longer earn points as the program will be discontinued on September 30, 2019.

Yes, I got the same message. You needed to have 30 bucks to cash in and I had 22.30 then they stopped!

More
1 week 4 days ago #40106 by 112059
Replied by 112059 on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

Frasier1 wrote:

112059 wrote: Gulf Power Points may also have suffered from the coupon failure. Here is part of the e-mail I received from them:

Yes, I got the same message. You needed to have 30 bucks to cash in and I had 22.30 then they stopped!

Maybe they will make an exception for that $30 rule since the program is ending. My account value is so low it is not worth checking out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1

More
1 week 4 days ago #40109 by scriptninja

puppydude wrote:

Isamorph wrote: Bad news. At the very least they could have notified us sooner. Well, the $21 a month for spending 10 minutes a day printing coupons was a little too good to be true. I'm not looking forward to the exciting ways to earn rewards in the future.

FreeUP Mobile (FreeUP Mobile)

Aug 6, 13:50 PDT

Hi Valued Customer,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern. As of August 1, 2019, Coupons.com offer has been removed as a Rewards category. If you are still able to access coupons.com from the website or app, it is in error and your print sessions will not be rewarded. We are working to bring you new and exciting rewards categories in the near future. Sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience or confusion.

Sincerely,

Phoebe
FreeUP Support

Explains a lot of things.

I'm glad I haven't started a paid line yet because it'll be necessary to see how easy it will be to hit a monthly goal (bill) under these new terms.

...Kind of a bummer in terms of timing for me. After seeing the reports and reviews here on the efficacy of printing coupons to cover a plan, I finally ordered a SIM...on the 5th.

Oh well. I can always activate on the free plan and see how well I can make the remaining rewards work. I mean, occasionally remembering CellNuvo is a thing paid the $20 for my last two years on T-Mobile, after all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21