FreeUP coupons not crediting

More
4 months 6 days ago #39477 by vt4702
Replied by vt4702 on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

Isamorph wrote: Credited to the 12th on both accounts. However, on one account the credits for the 11th were found by scrolling to the bottom of the page and then going up a bit. And on the other account, I received 14 credits for the 12th but none for the 11th. Consistency is the hobgoblin of some accounting methods.


My 7/11 was in the 'wrong' place too. I also got shorted for one coupon from 7/13. I have 7 coupons printed from that day within a 10 minute window and I'm pretty sure I waited for the green success message to go away before closing the tab. Do the 'Dollar General' coupons count the same as all the 'regular' coupons?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 6 days ago - 4 months 6 days ago #39478 by Isamorph

vt4702 wrote:

Isamorph wrote: Credited to the 12th on both accounts. However, on one account the credits for the 11th were found by scrolling to the bottom of the page and then going up a bit. And on the other account, I received 14 credits for the 12th but none for the 11th. Consistency is the hobgoblin of some accounting methods.


My 7/11 was in the 'wrong' place too. I also got shorted for one coupon from 7/13. I have 7 coupons printed from that day within a 10 minute window and I'm pretty sure I waited for the green success message to go away before closing the tab. Do the 'Dollar General' coupons count the same as all the 'regular' coupons?


It has been mentioned earlier in this thread about avoiding the coupons that open or take one to another window, or state something similar, which I assume is what the Dollar General link does. If you printed a DollarGeneral coupon, it could account for your shorted coupon. Most of the FU people on this forum have experienced inconsistency with the printing coupon rewards, so perhaps you miscounted or FU miscounted. Who knew that printing coupons would be so challenging? Anyway. it sounds as if you've had pretty good success printing coupons so far. User "Frasier" has inspired me with his printing speed and I am now clocking in with 14 coupons printed on two accounts in about 8 or 9minutes.:huh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 5 days ago #39489 by vt4702
Replied by vt4702 on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
I was shorted for the 14th and 15th, credited for 6 instead of 7. I've numbered the coupons 1-7 so I know I've done them all. Can't really remember what I might have done differently the last 3 days vs the first 3 days. I'll keep working on it. This evening I was very careful to make sure the page fully refreshed after the green banner went away and I printed 8 just in case! Is there any threat of running out of coupons?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 5 days ago #39492 by tech-stitch
Originally, I though there was a possibility of running out based in past experience with the site, but they seem to be replenishing coupons almost every day. Only once, did I reached a point that 7 coupons remained. Note I use the same device for the two accounts we have, so I am bound to run out faster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 5 days ago #39496 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

vt4702 wrote: I was shorted for the 14th and 15th, credited for 6 instead of 7. I've numbered the coupons 1-7 so I know I've done them all. Can't really remember what I might have done differently the last 3 days vs the first 3 days. I'll keep working on it. This evening I was very careful to make sure the page fully refreshed after the green banner went away and I printed 8 just in case! Is there any threat of running out of coupons?


I number my coupons, too-- date and print #. :) (But then I rarely go back to check on them......)

Sometimes things go wrong in crediting despite doing everything right-- and I've noticed a higher percentage of failures than usual in the last week or 2. (I print exactly 7, and several days recently I've gotten 5-6 credits. This is not typical for me, and getting 7 credits is pretty reliable for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 5 days ago #39498 by puppydude
I don't do anything to keep track of the coupons, I print 7 or 8 a day (I occasionally lose count) and I can't remember the last time I didn't get credited correctly. Would have to be in the high 90 percentile of success.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 days ago #39520 by peterquinn
Still no luck with printing coupons for me. Hope vt4702 or someone else here will be able to shed some light on this, my latest in a long line of failed attempts --

I read vt4702's success with Palemoon in this thread, and being an incurable optimist, downloaded Palemoon and went through the whole text verification etc once more. After the running-dog-animation and please-wait-coupons-printing message, Palemoon tells me it is trying to connect to analytics.ssbbartgroup.com and just gets stuck forever at that point. And of course the coupons don't finish printing. I've tried this several times now, with the same result.

Like vt4702, I haven't added any extensions in Palemoon. Pop-ups are allowed. Cache not cleaned. Doing this on a Linux laptop. No coupons.com account.

At this point, printing FUp coupons is taking on the dimensions of an unsolvable mystery for me!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 days ago - 4 months 4 days ago #39526 by vt4702
Replied by vt4702 on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

peterquinn wrote: Still no luck with printing coupons for me. Hope vt4702 or someone else here will be able to shed some light on this, my latest in a long line of failed attempts --

I read vt4702's success with Palemoon in this thread, and being an incurable optimist, downloaded Palemoon and went through the whole text verification etc once more. After the running-dog-animation and please-wait-coupons-printing message, Palemoon tells me it is trying to connect to analytics.ssbbartgroup.com and just gets stuck forever at that point. And of course the coupons don't finish printing. I've tried this several times now, with the same result.

Like vt4702, I haven't added any extensions in Palemoon. Pop-ups are allowed. Cache not cleaned. Doing this on a Linux laptop. No coupons.com account.

At this point, printing FUp coupons is taking on the dimensions of an unsolvable mystery for me!


I opted for the portable version of Pale Moon but I can't imagine that being the issue. I'm gonna volley a few 'dumb' questions your way. Is it pulling up the print dialog box to save as a file or send to a real printer? Is there a firewall in Linux OS or are you running some other software firewall (network security suite) that would block trackers by default? How about a hardware firewall configured at router level or something like a pi-hole redirecting traffic? Are you on a VPN? Is there any possibility your ISP is blocking access? What you're describing sounds more like a network/connection issue, not a browser problem. My connection is very slow, computer is very old and slow, and it takes about 30 seconds for the page to refresh and the green banner to disappear. Can't say I've paid attention to the things it's trying to access during the refresh though. I'll see if I can notice it tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 days ago #39528 by Isamorph
@peterquinn
A few more dumb questions. Do you ever still get the "is this device connected to a printer" query? Also, do you know what DNS server(s) you use, for some will block certain activities? Like you, I print all my coupons using a Linux OS, which I mention because some Linux OSs are notoriously difficult to set up some printers on, and I'm wondering if somehow the Billaway site always checks to see if the device has some printer connection before rewards are issued. This seems farfetched given that other FU users are able to get rewards without any connection to a printer by "printing" or saving to pdf or Google drive, but who knows what the problem is? As vt4702 has mentioned, there is some network connection that Billaway.com requires but often does not see before it will issue a reward.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 days ago #39530 by peterquinn
Thanks vt4702 and Isamorph. Yeah, very head-scratching, the way this FUp coupon process works - or rather, doesn't work - for me.

I have tried other browsers on this same laptop, but only Palemoon gets stuck at that ssbbartgroup.com site and prevents me from getting to the point where I can print to pdf. So I am assuming it's not a firewall or network or router or DNS server issue.

The other browsers I've tried on this laptop -- Chrome, Firefox, Midori, Safari, Opera, KMeleon - let me print to pdf, but FUp doesn't give me coupon credits.

What can I say, the mystery continues..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.