FreeUP coupons not crediting

More
2 months 1 day ago #38632 by Isamorph

KentE wrote: Isamorph, are you printing via the browser route, or via the app?

I always print from my desktop by going to freeup.com, scrolling down to rewards ( www.freeupmobile.com/rewards ) and then logging into my accounts ( freeup.billaway.com/dashBoard/index ) using my phone numbers and pin numbers. So browser route. I don't have the app installed on a phone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 day ago #38634 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

Isamorph wrote:

I always print from my desktop by going to freeup.com, scrolling down to rewards ( www.freeupmobile.com/rewards ) and then logging into my accounts ( freeup.billaway.com/dashBoard/index ) using my phone numbers and pin numbers. So browser route. I don't have the app installed on a phone.

Interesting-- I think tech-stitch, who has the amazing success record, also prints via the browser route-- and I think noted that the coupon availability count did seem interconnected between multiple accounts.

I've always printed via the app on a phone, since it's replaced most of my swiping activity while watching TV. (Now using 2 phones, to avoid possible coupon shortage.) I wish CellNuvo would get back on course, since 14 coupons get printed before my program ends.....

More
2 months 1 day ago - 2 months 1 day ago #38635 by Isamorph

KentE wrote:

Isamorph wrote:

Interesting-- I think tech-stitch, who has the amazing success record, also prints via the browser route-- and I think noted that the coupon availability count did seem interconnected between multiple accounts.

I've always printed via the app on a phone, since it's replaced most of my swiping activity while watching TV. (Now using 2 phones, to avoid possible coupon shortage.) I wish CellNuvo would get back on course, since 14 coupons get printed before my program ends.....

I don't get why FU or billaway would combine two separate accounts period, let alone for counting coupons printed. Yet it appears for people with the app installed, FU allows transferring of credits from one account to the other. If FU does combine the availability of coupons for printing for people with 2,3,4 separate accounts, this would seem to penalize such people, forJoe who intended to print the coupon for scrubbing bubbles finds out that the limit reached flag has already been attached while not knowing that his brother in law had already printed the coupon on his separate FU account. And a person with 4 accounts would only be allowed the same amount of coupons available for printing as someone with 1 account. I suppose we should not be calling our 2 separate sims and corresponding phone numbers accounts and should reserve the account term for our the one person at FU who has a profile, CC and is responsible for the not really accounts.

More
2 months 1 day ago #38641 by puppydude
I'm credited correctly until yesterday 6/17.

Still just saving to pdf from the app.

More
2 months 1 day ago - 2 months 1 day ago #38647 by tech-stitch
The issue here is not FreeUp or Billaway. The maximum coupon print per device is set by Coupons.com (default is two of the same coupons). In some cases the manufacturer allows one print for the coupon offered. Once the first coupon is printed, that coupon will drop to the bottom of the available coupons. Once printed again, it will likely reflect that the maximum prints were reached.

Edit:
Here is an example using the ketchup one and pulling it from both accounts. Hopefully they stay added in the order I proceed using a mobile device since am at work. The same takes place on a desktop if using the same browser for multiple prints regardless of account.

Edit 2:
For clarity sake, my desktop and any other device I use besides the one I ran the example posted will show the coupon unless the coupon is taken down. Also, the manufacturer may allow the coupon to reset and become available at a future time (Have noticed that a few times this month).
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph

More
2 months 1 day ago #38655 by Isamorph

tech-stitch wrote: The issue here is not FreeUp or Billaway. The maximum coupon print per device is set by Coupons.com (default is two of the same coupons). In some cases the manufacturer allows one print for the coupon offered. Once the first coupon is printed, that coupon will drop to the bottom of the available coupons. Once printed again, it will likely reflect that the maximum prints were reached.

Edit:
Here is an example using the ketchup one and pulling it from both accounts. Hopefully they stay added in the order I proceed using a mobile device since am at work. The same takes place on a desktop if using the same browser for multiple prints regardless of account.

Edit 2:
For clarity sake, my desktop and any other device I use besides the one I ran the example posted will show the coupon unless the coupon is taken down. Also, the manufacturer may allow the coupon to reset and become available at a future time (Have noticed that a few times this month).

So if I understand correctly, Coupons.com is only concerned about the device the prints are performed on and not the accounts that are logged into their site, apart from issuing a confirmation that coupons were printed from particular phone numbers or accounts on their site. Hence if I print the ketchup coupon from one device while logged in on one phone number until it is flagged or removed from available coupons, then when I log into Coupons. com on my second account the ketchup coupon will no longer be available to print and so on and so forth for other coupons. And so if I quickly use another device for my second account and log into Coupons.com, the ketchup coupon will be there for printing. I wonder what Coupons. com considers a device to be, for I have three distinct OSs on one pc and I wonder if they are considered different devices. Banks consider them such in that they "don't recognize the pc I'm using" when trying to log in from an OS for the first time, so maybe Coupon's com will follow suit. A bit of a hassle to change pcs in order to get a lot of ketchup. In any case, I'm quite pleased that I have been able to pay for my FU phone service for 5 or 6 months now printing coupons alone as well as build up a little nest egg to boot. Since it looks as if a sufficient number of coupons will be available each month for printing using my current method, then not to worry.

More
2 months 1 day ago #38659 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
I'm guessing they either use a cookie or the MAC address to keep track of the device used.

• PEW
  • PEW's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 months 1 day ago #38661 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
I think it's by cookie + possibly computer name or MAC. It asks for a new SMS auth code when I switched Chromebook.

More
2 months 1 day ago - 2 months 1 day ago #38664 by mmfacemm
I think it does it by the phone you verify with too. When I switched computers several coupons vanished after I verified with the same phone (since I already printed them on the other computer). Seems like a combination of cookies and phone number.

If you have issues it might be worth clearing your cookies and using a different phone for verification.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
2 months 1 day ago - 2 months 1 day ago #38665 by tech-stitch
I am going in favor of the tracking cookies since a clean install will reset coupons (last time I had to do that on a machine

Edit:
Interesting observation on the phone registration. Going to look into that further.