FreeUP coupons not crediting

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #37328 by lexusl21

PEW wrote: I put my renewal reminder on my calendar. :)

Wait you have to renew your free account once a month? Why?

Confused

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #37329 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
I timed adding our second line so they would renew close to the same day-- easier for me to remember. Of course, if I forget, I'll forget both renewals. So perhaps not that clever an idea.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #37330 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

lexusl21 wrote: Wait you have to renew your free account once a month? Why?

To keep you on your toes! (and automatically cancel free line if accountholder is MIA)

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #37331 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
I just checked and was greeted with the "you will be past due in 22 days, update credit card information" message.

My credit card is perfectly valid but I changed to another one and still had the same problem.

I keep track in my calendar and always renew 7 days ahead of time. I renewed on Friday, April 19th, so there shouldn't be any problem.

Hopefully they can fix it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #37332 by mmfacemm

Chelle wrote: I just checked and was greeted with the "you will be past due in 22 days, update credit card information" message.

My credit card is perfectly valid but I changed to another one and still had the same problem.

I keep track in my calendar and always renew 7 days ahead of time. I renewed on Friday, April 19th, so there shouldn't be any problem.

Hopefully they can fix it.

Thanks Chelle. I thought I was going crazy as I was pretty sure I renewed mine last month too. Yes that is the same error as me and the account was reinstated. I see no reason why they wouldn't reinstate yours too. Freeup seem pretty lenient as far as reinstating accounts whether it is your fault or theirs.

They said:

FreeUP Mobile rate plans are all good for 30 days. If you do Not login to renew the current PROMO Free Starter Plan within 7 days of the renewal date, the account plan will go into Expired status...

To have it reactivated if it expires, just contact us directly and we can renew the PROMO FREE Plan on your account.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #37333 by lexusl21

st3fx wrote:

lexusl21 wrote: Wait you have to renew your free account once a month? Why?

To keep you on your toes! (and automatically cancel free line if accountholder is MIA)

Printing coupon or video should be enough to stay active???

I don't get it

Or making a phone call
The following user(s) said Thank You: st3fx

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #37338 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
@lexusl21
Good point. Why has FU made the decision to require the accountholder to renew free plan monthly via account/billing dashboard rather than rely on rewards activity or line usage?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #37339 by Isamorph

st3fx wrote: @lexusl21
Good point. Why has FU made the decision to require the accountholder to renew free plan monthly via account/billing dashboard rather than rely on rewards activity or line usage?

This "why" will be a good addition to the FU "why" list. Why when I opened a FU account months ago was I met with a message in red stating I had not chosen a default payment message when I had? The same message appeared the first 4 or 5 times I logged in and then went away not to be seen since then.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #37345 by mstulip
Uh oh, I don't remember renewing my FreeUP free plan the last couple months. Thanks for reminding me. Hopefully, it's still going and I haven't lost it. Fingers crossed.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #37372 by ceka
Replied by ceka on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
Today (5/6) some good news. Double credits for 5/2 are still there - I take it for the missing 4/30, and new credits for May 3,4, and 5 arrived in one swoop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Frasier1