FreeUP coupons not crediting

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #36954 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
Our accounts didn't get credited for the 21st, either.

You would think that someone at FreeUP would at least find it curious that every single customer forgot to print coupons on the same day.

I guess we spend so much time together, here, that our "cycles" have become synchronized. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Frasier1, ceka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #36955 by Isamorph

ceka wrote: Got credits for 4/22, but none for 4/21

I also got no credits for 4/21, so I sent an email to FU support along with screenshots of the missed 4/21 day as well as the 4/15 missed crediting day that support told me it could see, on my account, had been credited on the day I received support's email response, but has not been credited to this day. I doubt that FU support can actually see my account as I see it, though they said they could, which leads me to suspect many of our problems with crediting are out of support's purview, and therein lies support's inability to correct customers crediting problems. As KentE suggested, perhaps there is a communication snafu between FU and billiaway.com that must be eradicated before crediting can become totally consistent.

EDIT: I also emailed support asking, as Chelle asked, how it's possible that so many FreeUp customers who did not get credited for printing coupons on 4/21 forgot in unison to print coupons that day?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ceka

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #36956 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
I wonder what is considered "a day" (and in which timezone) and/or whether there is a minimum elapsed time before credits can be earned for the next day. Probably not the issue at hand, but I'm still curious.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #36957 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

st3fx wrote: I wonder what is considered "a day" (and in which timezone) and/or whether there is a minimum elapsed time before credits can be earned for the next day. Probably not the issue at hand, but I'm still curious.

From memory-- I got distracted one evening and almost forgot to print coupons for our second line. I tried to squeeze it in just before midnight central time-- and it did credit for that day. It didn't occur to me to wait a few minutes and try line #1 at 12:05 AM (for the next day).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, st3fx

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #36958 by Isamorph

st3fx wrote: I wonder what is considered "a day" (and in which timezone) and/or whether there is a minimum elapsed time before credits can be earned for the next day. Probably not the issue at hand, but I'm still curious.

Not knowing the answers to these questions, I always try to print my coupons at 5 or 6 am PST, which would be a certain "day" in the USA in most major time zones, while not factoring Alaska and Hawaii into the mix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: st3fx

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #37004 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
One phone credited for the 24th and the other phone didn't.

Seems like things are getting less reliable.

I print 4 coupons per day on each account to ensure they both get the two credits, so it's disconcerting when one or both don't get ANY for a day.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #37007 by Isamorph
I checked today and both of my accounts were credited for 4/22 and 4/23 but not yet for 4/24( which I hope doesn't mean I get none). But it does seem that crediting has taken a step or two backward, and who knows why. It should be 100% reliable, for it does not seem the program for keeping proper records of coupon printing would not be complex since the steps need to successfully print coupons is not that complex. One either did or didn't print coupons on such and such a date. And yet these wacky number errors keep appearing not only with the coupon rewards but on many areas of the FU website.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #37011 by ceka
Replied by ceka on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

Chelle wrote: One phone credited for the 24th and the other phone didn't.

Seems like things are getting less reliable.

I print 4 coupons per day on each account to ensure they both get the two credits, so it's disconcerting when one or both don't get ANY for a day.

Today is 24th. I was never credited on the day of printing (?)

Edit: I got all of my 4/24 credits today (4/25)

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #37013 by mmfacemm
no 24th for me yet.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #37016 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

Isamorph wrote:

ceka wrote: Got credits for 4/22, but none for 4/21

I also got no credits for 4/21, so I sent an email to FU support along with screenshots of the missed 4/21 day as well as the 4/15 missed crediting day that support told me it could see, on my account, had been credited on the day I received support's email response, but has not been credited to this day. I doubt that FU support can actually see my account as I see it, though they said they could, which leads me to suspect many of our problems with crediting are out of support's purview, and therein lies support's inability to correct customers crediting problems. As KentE suggested, perhaps there is a communication snafu between FU and billiaway.com that must be eradicated before crediting can become totally consistent.

EDIT: I also emailed support asking, as Chelle asked, how it's possible that so many FreeUp customers who did not get credited for printing coupons on 4/21 forgot in unison to print coupons that day?

Well, now, here's an interesting thing.
I went to freeup.billaway.com to confirm that I was seeing the same missing dates on 4/15 and 4/21 as everyone else. On first glance, it appeared I was.....

I wanted to see when I signed up for that account, so I scrolled to the bottom of the list to see the first credits issued.

....but the very bottom of the list shows 2 credits for 4/15/19, and 2 credits for 4/21/19.

So perhaps not missed, but only misplaced. (And perhaps the CS agent really could see them.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, ceka, puppydude