FreeUP coupons not crediting

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #35959 by Isamorph

peterquinn wrote: Aah thanks PEW and KentE, I'm on a Linux (Ubuntu-Mate) laptop. I should look into setting up maybe a Guest account then? (In my own login, I use Firefox, Chrome and Opera. I tried the Midori browser but coupons.com's printer didn't work with Midori. Anyone know of other browsers I could try so I don't have to set up a Guest account?)

Vivaldi browser( it's Springtime )B) or Chromium browser.

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/10/vivaldi-2-0-review-meet-your-ideal-browser-if-youre-willing-to-invest-time/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #35968 by peterquinn
Thanks for the detailed steps, Isamorph, appreciate the trouble to went to! I followed your steps exactly yesterday and today on my phone. Let's see if FreeUp credits my coupons now. I hope your process gives me the credits. Will follow your process for the next 7 days and report back. I don't want the hassle of canceling my account and getting a new sim - don't want to go through the hassle and then find out that the new account also has coupon crediting problems!

Isamorph wrote: Fwiw--here is my daily coupon printing process, which is always performed on my desktop pc using the Chrome browser on a Linux OS. Some of these steps are likely superfluous, but since the process works for me, I don't deviate from it. I've never printed coupons using a phone but these steps should also be able to be done on a phone. I turn off my ad blocker before starting the process.

1. Go to freeupmobile.com using Chrome browser.
2. Click on "My Account" and login.
3. Scroll down to bottom of the page where "shop", "plans & features", "FAQs", and so on are listed and click "Rewards", where I am taken to the freeupmobile.com/rewards page.
4. On this page, I click on the "Earn Rewards" button and end up on "Login to FreeUp Rewards" page and click it to log in.
5.I'm now at the earnings options page where I click the "coupons" option, which takes me to the "Click here to go Coupons.com to print and save", which I click.
6.Now at the page with all the coupons, where I click on only one coupon to print, after which I click on the red coupon print button.
7. Now at the screen which asks if the device is connected to a printer, and I click Yes.
8. Now at the preparing to print page, and when ready, I choose the printing option to save to Google drive.
9. Now I get the coupons successfully printed message, whereupon I close the browser tab I'm on, which takes me back to the "click here to go to coupons.com to print and save", which I click and go through the process for printing a second coupon.
10. When done printing the second coupon, I close the tab and return to the rewards app where I click on my phone number and choose the log out of my account option. I'm then at the freeupmobile.com "my account" page where I log out. Done
@peterquinn
Since whatever you have tried hasn't worked for you, you could, as I believe KentE suggested, just cancel your current account, get another sim, and start from scratch with a new account, which will hopefully successfully reward you for printing coupons.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #36006 by Isamorph
Better late than never, as is said. Just received the following response from FU about my inquiries concerning coupon crediting from 1/28 and 1/31 2019. A few tips are contained within the response, which may be of help.

"Hi John Doe,

Thank you for reaching out to us and thank you for informing us about the Nth Circle circle. There was a time at the beginning of February were many accounts were credited multiple times accidentally due to an error we made. That was corrected in mid February, so that is why some people noticed a change in their balances.

As for your particular troubles with coupons, please make sure that you see the ‘Successful’ Message from coupons.com after your print. If you find that you are not seeing the ‘successful’ window in the future at least you know that the print session won’t count. If that happens, I suggest clearing your browser cache and then going to coupons.com again through FreeUP rewards and try printing a coupon. That will re-set the tracking cookie and start tracking your print sessions again. Another thing that sometimes help is please print a different coupon every time that you print. This doesn't always make a difference, but has helped other for some reason in the past.

As for your balance issue, you appear to have earned a total of just over $xxxx since you joined (well done!) and you have had just over $xxx of those dollars redeemed towards your plan. And your balance that I checked this morning was $xxxx. So are perfectly balance it seems to me and your $xxx balance and what ever else you earn will go towards your next payment. I think you might even be receiving more credits today.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,

Phoebe

FreeUP Support
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Diedrich_Duo, Frasier1, puppydude, st3fx

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #36007 by puppydude
Still just using the phone app, two coupon prints credited per day until yesterday 3/28.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #36008 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
Thanks, Isamorph.
The most useful new bit I see from the CS reply is to intentionally reset the browser cookies by clearing the cache.

Reading between the lines:
If your coupon crediting is working smoothly, do NOT clear the cache, since the cookie is tracking well. (If it's not broke, don't fix it.).
If your coupon crediting is not working reliably, clear the cache to reset a fresh cookie.

From reports, some users with crediting issues do see the 'coupons printed successfully' notation, but still don't see credits. The notification being absent is probably an excellent indicator of not getting credits, but not necessarily vice versa. I am in the habit of watching for it, and print again if I don't see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo, Frasier1

• PEW
  • PEW's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #36044 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

PEW wrote:

PEW wrote: Chromebook test from 3/21/19:
Success 1 of 1 = 100%

It's Wednesday 3/27/19, F-Up did credited one Mon coupon and two Tues coupons.
So far success 5.5 of 6 days = 92%.

It's Friday 3/29/19, got properly credited for my 3/27 and 3/28 coupons...
So far success 7.5 of 8 days... close enough, I think I am good now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #36045 by peterquinn
Well, things don't look promising for me. Been following Isamorph's steps for 3 days including today. Zero credits. I guess I'll try the steps after clearing my browser's cache as suggested by Phoebe to Isamorph. Let's see if that works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #36073 by Isamorph

peterquinn wrote: Well, things don't look promising for me. Been following Isamorph's steps for 3 days including today. Zero credits. I guess I'll try the steps after clearing my browser's cache as suggested by Phoebe to Isamorph. Let's see if that works.

Sorry to hear. It's a pain trying to fix a problem without knowing where the problem is. I don't know if you were asked before, but did you happen to open a "coupons. com" account in your early days with FreeUp because as KentE mentioned earlier on in this thread:

"The 'general wisdom' is that you should NOT create an account specific to coupons.com.
Most of us have not, and it's working fine. It's possible that creating a separate coupons.com account/login might redirect the coupon credits away from your FreeUP login.

Your procedure matches what I do, and is correct.

Maybe check settings in Chrome, and make sure it's set to accept cookies?"

I also wonder if one can say "yes" to "is this device connected to a printer" window and get the "successfully printed coupons" message even if the device is not connected to a printer? If so, I was wondering whatever device you've used the past two days is properly connected to your printer, even though it seems to be? In other words, can you actually print a coupon, or, if you are saving to google drive, do the coupons show up there? Sorry if you have already answered these questions.

www.nthcircle.com/forum/freeup/2305-freeup-coupons-not-crediting?start=170

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #36225 by puppydude
Still using same procedure and coupon prints credited up to and including yesterday 4/2. Videos not so well lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: st3fx

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #36226 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

puppydude wrote: Still using same procedure and coupon prints credited up to and including yesterday 4/2. Videos not so well lol.

Thanks. I have been testing direct URL method (jdoqocy.com) without logging in since April 1 in new browser session every day. So far, no credits for those days.