• PEW's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #35943 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

PEW wrote: Chromebook test from 3/21/19:
Success 1 of 1 = 100%

It's Wednesday 3/27/19, F-Up did credited one Mon coupon and two Tues coupons.
So far success 5.5 of 6 days = 92%.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #35946 by peterquinn
Hey thanks Isamorph, much appreciated. So the credits that i got were a long time ago, right after i had signed up. But even then it was very inconsistent. The last two months, I've gotten credited on only two days and that too for only one coupon a day.

I'm on the free plan and i do have a credit card on file. I've printed through the app and I've printed from the billaway website. No ad blocker. No firewall. Cookies not cleared. I've tried different browsers, all with popups allowed and ads allowed. I've tried different phones.

I print one coupon at a time, then log out, close the browser or close the app, and repeat the whole thing for the second coupon. I save to PDF on the phone. I always get the "coupons were printed successfully" message from coupons.com.

I had tried printing from my laptop right after i signed up with Freeup, but since i clear the browser cache on my laptop, i had to verify my phone number repeatedly, so i stopped using my laptop. I've been using a couple phones instead. One has Nougat, two have Marshmallow.

I have basically tried all combinations, including printing with data on, versus on WiFi because KentE had mentioned something about WiFi, I've used an iPad instead of the Android phones, I've tried different browsers, I've printed coupons from the last page versus the very first page, etc etc.

Nothing has worked. I don't have a Chromebook though, so won't be able to emulate PEW's recent success. I have run out of ideas now. And I'm tired of keeping on printing and not getting anything out of it. I should just give up.

Isamorph wrote:

peterquinn wrote:

mmfacemm wrote: Interestingly I print from the website and found that to be more reliable. So use what works best for you!

I have tried everything. Nothing works! :(

That's not right. Maybe we can help. Do you have a desktop or laptop pc? If you can list the exact steps you take attempting to print or save to Google Drive, perhaps some members who are successfully printing can discover something that is amiss in the process. Though it likely should have no impact on printing, I was wondering if you ever supplied FU with a payment method, and was also wondering if you're still on the free plan? One, more thing---are you ever getting credit for printing coupons?

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #35947 by PEW

peterquinn wrote: Nothing has worked. I don't have a Chromebook though, so won't be able to emulate PEW's recent success. I have run out of ideas now. And I'm tired of keeping on printing and not getting anything out of it. I should just give up.

Having Chromebook is not a requirement, just have a different login on your windows PC just for printing F-Up coupons.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #35948 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

PEW wrote:

peterquinn wrote: Nothing has worked. I don't have a Chromebook though, so won't be able to emulate PEW's recent success. I have run out of ideas now. And I'm tired of keeping on printing and not getting anything out of it. I should just give up.

Having Chromebook is not a requirement, just have a different login on your windows PC just for printing F-Up coupons.

PEW, I'm curious about your Windows/different login suggestion. Have you tried this, and did it work? (I think I remember earlier you weren't having success via Windows, either.)
(EDIT: oh, I see perhaps you're suggesting a second PC login so that browser cache doesn't need to be cleared on the second login?)

Peterquinn, my issues with WiFi seemed to be tied to hotel WiFi that required a login to access, and I suspect it was because of the intervening hop involved there. Maybe cookies weren't going through, or something similar. The same phone has worked reliably on my home WiFi. (But kudos for giving it a try on cellular data!)

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #35950 by PEW
I never tried Windows PC. Correct, the 2nd login on Chromebook is just to keep the browser cache/cookies limited to just coupon.com and F-Up... I guess you could just use your regular login but I suspect they'd be stealing your browser info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #35951 by peterquinn
Aah thanks PEW and KentE, I'm on a Linux (Ubuntu-Mate) laptop. I should look into setting up maybe a Guest account then? (In my own login, I use Firefox, Chrome and Opera. I tried the Midori browser but coupons.com's printer didn't work with Midori. Anyone know of other browsers I could try so I don't have to set up a Guest account?)

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #35952 by Isamorph
Fwiw--here is my daily coupon printing process, which is always performed on my desktop pc using the Chrome browser on a Linux OS. Some of these steps are likely superfluous, but since the process works for me, I don't deviate from it. I've never printed coupons using a phone but these steps should also be able to be done on a phone. I turn off my ad blocker before starting the process.

1. Go to freeupmobile.com using Chrome browser.
2. Click on "My Account" and login.
3. Scroll down to bottom of the page where "shop", "plans & features", "FAQs", and so on are listed and click "Rewards", where I am taken to the freeupmobile.com/rewards page.
4. On this page, I click on the "Earn Rewards" button and end up on "Login to FreeUp Rewards" page and click it to log in.
5.I'm now at the earnings options page where I click the "coupons" option, which takes me to the "Click here to go Coupons.com to print and save", which I click.
6.Now at the page with all the coupons, where I click on only one coupon to print, after which I click on the red coupon print button.
7. Now at the screen which asks if the device is connected to a printer, and I click Yes.
8. Now at the preparing to print page, and when ready, I choose the printing option to save to Google drive.
9. Now I get the coupons successfully printed message, whereupon I close the browser tab I'm on, which takes me back to the "click here to go to coupons.com to print and save", which I click and go through the process for printing a second coupon.
10. When done printing the second coupon, I close the tab and return to the rewards app where I click on my phone number and choose the log out of my account option. I'm then at the freeupmobile.com "my account" page where I log out. Done
@peterquinn
Since whatever you have tried hasn't worked for you, you could, as I believe KentE suggested, just cancel your current account, get another sim, and start from scratch with a new account, which will hopefully successfully reward you for printing coupons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #35953 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

peterquinn wrote: Aah thanks PEW and KentE, I'm on a Linux (Ubuntu-Mate) laptop. I should look into setting up maybe a Guest account then? (In my own login, I use Firefox, Chrome and Opera. I tried the Midori browser but coupons.com's printer didn't work with Midori. Anyone know of other browsers I could try so I don't have to set up a Guest account?)

Some browsers support multiple user profiles, such as Chrome ("People") and Firefox (about:profiles).
support.google.com/chrome/answer/2364824
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #35956 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
The URL to print coupons @ freeup.billaway.com/coupons looks like the following (before redirecting to coupons.com):

www.jdoqocy.com/click-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX?sid=XXXXXXXXX

I copied the URL for my account a few days ago. Today it is the same URL (even after clearing browser cache, etc.)

If anyone would like to test, it may be possible to access this URL directly to print coupons and still be rewarded. (Unverified)

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #35957 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
I'm not familiar with Opera on any desktop/laptop system, and especially on Linux.
I am familiar with Opera Mini on Android.
I avoid using Opera Mini for coupon printing, because their intermediate server compression seems like a good way to break the chain of confirmation needed for crediting. (As I suspect the hotel WiFi did for me.)

Just a quick look at Opera's Linux page makes me think you should avoid Turbo or data-savings mode, their optional VPN, and of course their ad-blocker. (When logging in or printing coupons.)

Isamorph's path seems very thorough, without shortcuts, and starting at the beginning of the chain.
I skip the initial login at freeupmobile.com, & start at freeup.billaway.com/dashBoard/index
. The rest of my steps are similar to Isamorph's.

I tried to replicate st3fx's URL result, but I get an entirely different URL on my desktop, although I think his/her result looks familiar to what I see when on my phone.