FreeUP coupons not crediting

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #35884 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

PEW wrote:

PEW wrote: Chromebook test from 3/21/19:
Success 1 of 1 = 100%

It's Monday 3/25/19, so F-Up has credited my Fri/Sat/Sun points.
So far success 4 of 4 days = 100% of getting credit 2 coupons a day

This is very good news, since I recall that you have not had good success with coupons crediting.
As far as I can remember, this may be the first report of significant improvement from changing device or operating system.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #35885 by Isamorph

Simplode wrote:

Simplode wrote:

Isamorph wrote:

Simplode wrote: I think to use the rewards app you need to have the FreeUp sim inserted in the phone, no?
Also I'm not 100% but I don't think you can print to google drive from iOS...

Just to mention that I just checked and was able to save to Google Drive using Chome on my iOS iPad.

OK thanks for that! I don't use Chrome on my iPhone but will have to give it a try.

So I downloaded chrome browser on my iPhone and and could not get it to print (after clicking print coupon I get a pop-up asking "Do you have a printer on this device, Yes or No?, I click yes (I actually don't) and then it just spins on the 'preparing your coupon screen. Wondering how u make it work?

I think the problem is that you must have your iphone or ios device connected in some way to a printer via wifi or Google Cloud Print( where "save to Google drive" is listed in the Cloud printing settings as a printing device) or some Apple app store app. You need to have a Google account before you can use Google cloud print and "save to Google Drive" as a printing device. So, if you just downloaded the Chrome browser without opening a Google account, you won't be able to save or print to Google drive. I should have mentioned this before when talking about saving to google drive. That said, is your iphone connected in any fashion to a printer, for if so you may be able to print without a Google account, and if not, there may be some Apple app that works similarly to Google Cloud print, and you could use it. Perhaps someone familiar with ios and printing can chime in.

Edit: If you do have a Google account, you can go into Chrome settings and configure your Google Cloud printing settings.

www.howtogeek.com/165160/how-and-why-to-get-started-with-google-cloud-print/

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #35886 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
I save as a PDF to the phone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #35887 by Isamorph

Chelle wrote: I save as a PDF to the phone.

Thanks, I forgot that some were doing this successfully. I suppose this can be done on iPhones as well.

www.lifewire.com/save-pdf-to-iphone-or-ipad-4165490
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #35888 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
@Isamorph I experience same issue as @Simplode with Chrome on iPhone and iPad running latest versions of Chrome and iOS, with perpetual "preparing coupons" screen. Also, I see only Airprint option in Chrome, no Google Cloud Print (GCP).

There is a 2016 thread on Google forums indicating GCP option was removed from Chrome on iOS:
productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/SCrOYaUwm4A;context-place=topicsearchin/chrome/category$3Aios

ETA:
On iPad in Chrome, Settings->Google Chrome shows version: 73.0.3683.68

ETA:
When Google release Chrome 50 in April 2016, GCP was removed from iOS:
"Removal of GoogleCloudPrint from iOS
To help simplify the Chrome codebase and features, we no longer offer Cloud Print on iOS in Chrome 50. Chrome iOS does support airprint and you will still be able to use this functionality."

productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/N0OGZAc-7Gs/PyuChcl6BQAJ

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #35896 by Isamorph

st3fx wrote: @Isamorph I experience same issue as @Simplode with Chrome on iPhone and iPad running latest versions of Chrome and iOS, with perpetual "preparing coupons" screen. Also, I see only Airprint option in Chrome, no Google Cloud Print (GCP).

There is a 2016 thread on Google forums indicating GCP option was removed from Chrome on iOS:
productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/SCrOYaUwm4A;context-place=topicsearchin/chrome/category$3Aios

ETA:
On iPad in Chrome, Settings->Google Chrome shows version: 73.0.3683.68

ETA:
When Google release Chrome 50 in April 2016, GCP was removed from iOS:
"Removal of GoogleCloudPrint from iOS
To help simplify the Chrome codebase and features, we no longer offer Cloud Print on iOS in Chrome 50. Chrome iOS does support airprint and you will still be able to use this functionality."

productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/N0OGZAc-7Gs/PyuChcl6BQAJ

Perhaps my test to save to Google drive was premature, for I tried it twice after reading the post about not being able to do it with Chrome on ios. I think the issue is that I was able to get the print or save to Google drive while in my Gmail app, and did not try it while on the FreeUp site. So, sorry to say, maybe one can't save coupons to Google drive on ios devices. Here is a link to what Android and iso apps work with Google cloud printing. I'm not sure how recent the below info is.

"
PrintCentral Pro
PrintCentral Pro is an iOS app that lets you to print to a number of services, including Google Cloud Print. PrintCentral Pro allows you to print emails and attachments, contacts, web pages, text messages, and more.
PrintCentral Pro online
PrintCentral Pro on iTunes: iPhone / iPod Touch | iPad"

www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/apps/
The following user(s) said Thank You: st3fx

• PEW
  • PEW's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #35897 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

PEW wrote: Chromebook test from 3/21/19:
Success 1 of 1 = 100%

It's Tuesday 3/26/19, F-Up did not credited my Mon points.
So far success 4 of 5 days = 80% of getting credit 2 coupons a day

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #35899 by Isamorph
I believe coupon crediting sometimes takes up to 4 days or so even during weekdays.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #35900 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
@Simplode Safari on iOS works for printing coupons via Airprint. There may be free/paid iOS apps that can simulate an Airprint printer (eg; "virtual printer").

For Mac users, the following may be of interest:

There is an Airprint printer simulator for Mac OS X as part of "Additional Tools for Xcode".

I tested it and it works with Safari on iOS to print FU coupons. iOS device and Mac must be on same LAN.

Most recent version is for Xcode 10.2. It can be downloaded here (may require free enrollment as "developer"): developer.apple.com/download/more/

File name: Additional_Tools_for_Xcode_10.2.dmg

Once "Additional Tools" DMG is mounted, open "Printer Simulator" in "Hardware" folder. Make sure Mac firewall is OFF. You should now see several "Simulated" printers appear when "printing" on your iOS device. Print jobs open on Mac as PDFs.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #35918 by puppydude
Two coupon prints per day credited up to yesterday, 3/26.Phone app is working well for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chosen