FreeUP coupons not crediting

More
1 month 1 day ago #35670 by Simplode

Isamorph wrote:

Simplode wrote: I think to use the rewards app you need to have the FreeUp sim inserted in the phone, no?
Also I'm not 100% but I don't think you can print to google drive from iOS...

Just to mention that I just checked and was able to save to Google Drive using Chome on my iOS iPad.

OK thanks for that! I don't use Chrome on my iPhone but will have to give it a try.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PEW
  • PEW's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 month 23 hours ago #35684 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
I'm now testing printing ads on Chromebook on a separate login just for printing F-Up ads... will see how well this works.

More
1 month 17 hours ago #35686 by tech-stitch
As a new FreeUp user, I have noticed some discrepancies as well. For example, one account has most of all coupon crediting done, while the other has barely gotten anything credited. My guess is that the account with the less crediting is tied to the older phone with less ram, so maybe the app process is suspended / closed when the website is opened. The other phone has much better specs, so the app process does not seem to end (based on not having to log back in). I will start using the website option with a PC for both to see how this works out.

As far as videos, the consistent pattern is that 8-9 times out of 10, they don't credit (regardless of phone specs).

More
1 month 14 hours ago #35688 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
tech-stitch writes: " My guess is that the account with the less crediting is tied to the older phone with less ram, "

This is possible, although I'll note the app ran fine for me on a phone with 1gb RAM. (8gb memory, Android 7.1)

If it's not inconvenient for you, it would be easy to test by using the better phone to log in to both FreeUP accounts. (In case you missed it, there's no problem with managing/running/earning 2 different FreeUP lines from a single instance of the app loaded on one phone. Several of us are doing so without issue.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tech-stitch

More
1 month 12 hours ago #35703 by tech-stitch
Thank you. I did resort to that (putting the app on the phone with the best specs (LG Q7+)). Then, I ran a coupon batch last night and the coupons credited this morning (unless they were old). Seems consistent though since the other account with the app on the better phone credited the coupons printed at the same time.

Now, if I can do this at the PC and get guaranteed result, I'll just do it from there.

More
1 month 11 hours ago #35704 by KentE
@tech-stitch: The credit logging in the app can be confusing, since it displays the day the credits were processed, and not the day they were earned. (e.g., credits are not normally processed on the weekend, so you'll see a bunch of credits with Monday's date, and none listed for Saturday/Sunday.)

If you use the browser version at freeup.billaway.com/
and click on the current total in the banner, it will open a slightly different display of credits earned-- this one lists the days the coupons were printed instead of the processing day. (e.g., you'll see credits that were earned on Saturday/Sunday, even if not processed & showing up until Monday.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gethome, tech-stitch

More
1 month 11 hours ago #35705 by KentE

KentE wrote:

Chelle wrote: I always print my two coupons, separately.

Is anyone putting two on one page and consistently getting credit for both?

I've been printing one coupon per login, and repeat, since I was first aware of the option of 2 credits. I almost always get 2 credits on both of our lines.
So, for the last 3 days, I've been experimenting. One line prints my usual way, and has received 2 credits per day.

The other line has been printing 2 coupons at once. For the last 2 reported days (the only days reported so far since I started the experiment), I've received only a single credit.

I'm going to keep it up another day or 2, just to raise the significance of the results-- but so far, printing 2 coupons at once does not seem like a good idea.

UPDATE: 4 days of printing 2 coupons in one step, 4 days of receiving only 1 credit. I'm going to consider that conclusive, and discontinue the experiment.

TLDR: Print coupons 1 at a time. I do a fresh login to the app for each coupon print. I didn't test for differences between doing a fresh login for each printing, or printing 2 coupons one-at-a-time after a single login. .

More
1 month 10 hours ago - 1 month 10 hours ago #35709 by puppydude
For what it's worth, my procedure is to log into the app do a couple of videos which may or may not credit then print two coupons saving to Google Drive. Watch a couple more videos then print two more coupons. I've been credited for two coupon prints a day pretty much 100 percent of the time.

Just checked the website and my coupons are credited correctly up until yesterday.3/21.Videos are still totally hit or miss but still averaging .52 and .55 a day which will pay a phone plan.

Pretty much only use the website to check the crediting because it seems more up to date than the app.Using an old Moto E with Android 5.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gethome

More
1 month 10 hours ago - 1 month 10 hours ago #35710 by KentE
puppydude, if I'm reading correctly, are you logging in only one time to the app for both individual coupon prints?
If so, and you're regularly getting 2 credits, I don't feel compelled to test for that.

Nothing I've tried makes video credits reliable. I've tried a fresh login just to watch the videos, and still don't see credits. My percentage successful for video credits has dropped to near zero, but I only try 2 a day.

More
1 month 10 hours ago - 1 month 10 hours ago #35711 by puppydude

KentE wrote: puppydude, if I'm reading correctly, are you logging in only one time to the app for both individual coupon prints?
If so, and you're regularly getting 2 credits, I don't feel compelled to test for that.

Nothing I've tried makes video credits reliable. I've tried a fresh login just to watch the videos, and still don't see credits. My percentage successful for video credits has dropped to near zero, but I only try 2 a day.

Yes, I just log into the app one time ,spend about 10 minutes and do both coupon prints during the one session.I do a couple of videos in between the prints but that's it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE