FreeUP coupons not crediting

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #35652 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
@Simplode: The 'general wisdom' is that you should NOT create an account specific to coupons.com.
Most of us have not, and it'w working fine. It's possible that creating a separate coupons.com account/login might redirect the coupon credits away from your FreeUP login.

Your procedure matches what I do, and is correct.

Maybe check settings in Chrome, and make sure it's set to accept cookies?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Isamorph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #35656 by Simplode

KentE wrote: @Simplode: The 'general wisdom' is that you should NOT create an account specific to coupons.com.
Most of us have not, and it'w working fine. It's possible that creating a separate coupons.com account/login might redirect the coupon credits away from your FreeUP login.

Your procedure matches what I do, and is correct.

Maybe check settings in Chrome, and make sure it's set to accept cookies?

I think that may be the issue, I looked at the cookies settings in chrome and it had "Keep local data only until you quit your browser" checked; so I think it may have been deleting the cookies after the browser closes. I will try printing some coupons and see if it doesn't ask me to verify again tomorrow.

Also, when printing do you need to print 1 coupon twice in a row, or print 2 coupons at once to get the full daily benefit. Thanks!

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #35657 by puppydude
My coupon crediting has two separate prints of two coupons from the app only for the last few weeks and I've been credited correctly up to 3/19.No emails,no verifications just save to Google Drive and get credited.

I clear cookies on my desktop browsers so crediting was pretty hit or miss.Easier and faster for me to just use the app.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #35660 by Simplode
I think to use the rewards app you need to have the FreeUp sim inserted in the phone, no?
Also I'm not 100% but I don't think you can print to google drive from iOS...

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #35662 by KentE
Simplode writes: "Also, when printing do you need to print 1 coupon twice in a row, or print 2 coupons at once to get the full daily benefit. Thanks! "

Good question: Early on, a lot of us were having problems getting 2 credits-- although this may have just been because allowing 2 coupons had just been started. Anyway, most of us settled at that point on printing separately-- logging in, printing one coupon, logging out, and starting over for the second coupon. And most of us just stuck with that process once it started working reliably.

I just tested this in the last couple of days. We have 2 lines, so I changed one line only to printing 2 coupons at once. On the first 2 days that have been reported, I've only gotten credit for one coupon using that method. (Printing each coupon after a separate login continues to give me 2 credits for the other line.)

I'll report more after a couple of more days-- but at this point I would definitely recommend printing each coupon after a separate login to the rewards site.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #35663 by KentE

Simplode wrote: I think to use the rewards app you need to have the FreeUp sim inserted in the phone, no?

You can run the rewards app on any phone, not just the phone that has the SIM installed. Since you log in to the app with your FreeUP credentials, it doesn't matter what phone the app is used on, and you can even earn rewards for 2 lines on the same phone.

I'm not an iOS user, so I don't know about Google Drive on iOS. On an android phone, the app gives a poorly-documented option of saving to PDF stored locally on the phone itself-- just remember to clean out the detritus once in a while. (But again, I'm not certain if this is available on iOS.)
If you don't see either of those options-- the Apple store likely has a PDF "printer" app that could save the files locally on the phone. I use that method for other stuff on my PC.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #35664 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

Simplode wrote: I think to use the rewards app you need to have the FreeUp sim inserted in the phone, no?

No. My mother lives in another state and I can use either of the two phones that I have the FreeUP rewards app installed on-- and neither has my FreeUP SIM.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #35665 by Simplode
well that's odd, because when I go to print a coupon on iOS from the rewards app, it just says "Preparing your coupons for printing" with an animation of a dog chasing a blue coupon, and it just stays on that screen, nothing else happens...

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #35666 by Isamorph

Just to mention that I just checked and was able to save to Google Drive using Chome on my iOS iPad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #35669 by KentE

Simplode wrote: well that's odd, because when I go to print a coupon on iOS from the rewards app, it just says "Preparing your coupons for printing" with an animation of a dog chasing a blue coupon, and it just stays on that screen, nothing else happens...

I've been running into that same issue intermittently for a week or so. Going back a page and trying again normally lets it complete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle