FreeUP coupons not crediting

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #34879 by puppydude
For whatever it's worth, since updating the app I've got credited for 7 videos today where before it was 1 or 2 credits out of 10.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #34881 by woo_24
Replied by woo_24 on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
My crediting stopped 2/27. Just got 3/1-3/3, but no 2/28...

Will try the updated app.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #34882 by Isamorph
By now, we know that FU likes to keep us on our toes, and FU seems to know that being overly consistent can lead to a humdrum everydayness. Yet FU does seem to be slowly heading towards a boring state of consistency.:dry:

More
4 months 1 week ago #35161 by Gethome
I track my printing of coupons and print 2 coupons at a time 2 or 3 times a day. Since last spring I have never been fully credited, - Ever.

I tried the viewing video thing for several periods, once over a 30 day period watching a minimum of 10 a day and got fewer than 10 credits for that time frame. Playing over 100 recently I got 5 credits so maybe the ratio is improving?

It seems like in the comments here it is a given that the crediting for coupons and videos is always inaccurate to the detriment of the customer. I have never been over-credited nor undercharged, all the errors slant one way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
4 months 1 week ago #35163 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
I think Gethome has been with FreeUP longer than most of us..... but again it seems to show a trend.

If your account happens to credit correctly for printing coupons, it seems consistent and reliable, with the occasional glitch.

If your account happens to not credit reliably, it's not likely to get better after the first 2 weeks or so have elapsed. (And repeated inquiries don't seem to help.)

I've come to believe this doesn't have anything to do with how one manages coupon printing, location, data source, asking for help, etc. I think something is kludged in the account settings between the multiple entities involved, and no one knows how to fix it. The most likely 'fix' might be to start a new account, abandon the old one, and hope that the new account configures correctly. (If the number is important, you could avoid porting by keeping both accounts, but using the new one to pay for the old one......)

Video crediting is a different deal-- it seems broken for everyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Isamorph, peterquinn

More
4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #35174 by puppydude
My coupons have always credited pretty consistently, though sometimes delayed.I print twice a day and mostly get credited for both.Rarely only get credited for one.

Videos/ads are a different story.With the old app I might have gotten credit for 1 or 2 out of 20,pretty well sucked.But with the new app it appears most all are crediting. I'm not really tracking anything but going by the ledger instead of one or two ad credits per day I'm now get 9 or 10. Not too concerned with the videos because I get enough from the coupons.
Attachments:

More
4 months 1 week ago #35175 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
Thanks, puppydude! I see I missed your earlier reply about better video crediting with the new app. Hope that works for everyone!

More
4 months 1 week ago #35176 by peterquinn

KentE wrote: ..
If your account happens to not credit reliably, it's not likely to get better after the first 2 weeks or so have elapsed. (And repeated inquiries don't seem to help.)

I've come to believe this doesn't have anything to do with how one manages coupon printing, location, data source, asking for help, etc. I think something is kludged in the account settings between the multiple entities involved, and no one knows how to fix it. ...

Just wanted to say that this is so accurate! I have tried EVERYthing, in all kinds of combinations, but coupons just don't credit.

More
4 months 1 week ago #35261 by puppydude
I'm glad I'm one of the lucky users where things credit pretty consistently. Two coupon credits per day for 3/8,3/9 and 3/10.

More
4 months 1 week ago #35264 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
Only one credit on each of our accounts, yesterday. Still, overall, it's reasonably consistent for us.