FreeUP coupons not crediting

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #34605 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting

Isamorph wrote: I cannot complain, either, for I'm consistently getting 2 coupon credits per day, and then some. I'm rolling in the dough. The new math?

What are the $10 bonuses for?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #34606 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
Now we know where everyone's disappearing $10 bonus went to......

Coupons still successful for me. Videos are a different story-- I've been watching 2/day on 2 lines for the last 15 days. One line has a crediting rate of 13%. The other has received 7%.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #34607 by Isamorph

Chelle wrote:

Isamorph wrote: I cannot complain, either, for I'm consistently getting 2 coupon credits per day, and then some. I'm rolling in the dough. The new math?

This screen shot is from the Free plan I opened about 3 weeks ago, and a few days ago when I got to $10 in earned rewards, I got a $10 bonus, but on the 22nd they somehow listed two $ 10 bonuses, one evidently bumped up from a few days ago and the other from out of the blue. FreeUp just makes little sense at times, which makes me nervous about it and the future.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #34608 by Isamorph

Chelle wrote:

And Abracadabra --Poof-- the bonuses vanished into the night. From riches to rags.
Attachments:

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #34609 by Chelle

Isamorph wrote:

Chelle wrote:

And Abracadabra --Poof-- the bonuses vanished into the night. From riches to rags.

I suspected as much. We've all been through it-- some of us, multiple times.

FreeUp is still well worth my time, but the few problems they have are glaring and really need to be addressed sometime soon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Frasier1

More
1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #34610 by Isamorph
I suspect FreeUP would just characterize it as another routine IT error. I can't help but wonder if these errors are orchestrated to bait people into upgrading to paid plans by thinking rewards, etc., are easy to come by at FreeUp. Then, again, maybe FreeUp just doesn't care enough to fix their broken IT programming(btw=powered by Ztar Mobile). But, yes, the coupon rewards are easy money as long as they, too, don't fall prey to IT errors.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #34613 by Chelle

Isamorph wrote: I suspect FreeUP would just characterize it as another routine IT error. I can't help but wonder if these errors are orchestrated to bait people into upgrading to paid plans by thinking rewards, etc., are easy to come by at FreeUp. Then, again, maybe FreeUp just doesn't care enough to fix their broken IT programming(btw=powered by Ztar Mobile). But, yes, the coupon rewards are easy money as long as they, too, don't fall prey to IT errors.

My guess is that they have a tiny staff that's overwhelmed and that some of the problems are out of their control (Billaway, etc.).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #34614 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP coupons not crediting
On the bright side-- my FreeUP (free) line has been my primary phone for the last 2 weeks, and the phone service has been flawless.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Isamorph, Chosen

More
1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #34615 by mmfacemm
Support came through for me after many months and provided a little credit for missing referrals and missing coupons. Though for the coupons it was a one off because if the provider does not report activity to them they cannot credit. So I doubt you will get anywhere chasing coupon credit from them.

There were some glitches logging in last night and I suspect they were working on the system. Probably why you lost you $10 bonuses Isomorph as they were cleaning up. One change I do see is that the old 100mb free plan has been removed from my line and I am shown as having no plan. I suspect that ends the grandfathering in unless it is another glitch. As it will now force you to choose another plan to renew. (nevermind just a glitch it is back now! Looks like grandfathering is still on)

I was also told the referral program will be removed in March.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #34617 by johnsmith

mmfacemm wrote: Support came through for me after many months and provided a little credit for missing referrals and missing coupons. Though for the coupons it was a one off because if the provider does not report activity to them they cannot credit. So I doubt you will get anywhere chasing coupon credit from them.

There were some glitches logging in last night and I suspect they were working on the system. Probably why you lost you $10 bonuses Isomorph as they were cleaning up. One change I do see is that the old 100mb free plan has been removed from my line and I am shown as having no plan. I suspect that ends the grandfathering in unless it is another glitch. As it will now force you to choose another plan to renew.

I was also told the referral program will be removed in March.

I just logged in and got a popup with 2 choices:
"Renew Plan"
or "Change Plan"
I renewed and got the "FREE PLAN
500 Total Minutes & Texts + 100MB 4G LTE Data"
as before so the grandfathering is still working for me as of earlier today.
My "Next Payment" is in 5 days according to my dashboard.
Maybe you should wait a few days then check again or if your "Next Payment" or renewal day is close you might try contacting them?