FreeUp Activation Thread

More
1 week 7 hours ago #31912 by Frasier1
Replied by Frasier1 on topic FreeUp Activation Thread
I did get a free match of 10 bucks after I earned my first 10 bucks. But that was with a paid plan, I don't know if they would do it for the free plans. And I only have 25 cents on my new free plan so I guess I'll have to wait and see. Interestingly I noticed you can't buy any of the add ons for the free plan. Like if you ran out of free min. and wanted to spend 5 bucks to add additional min. to your plan....you can't. So what can you do with the rewards you earn on the free plan? Well, yo have 2 choices, you can either 'upgrade' to a paid plan using your reward dollars or, you can 'gift' your reward dollars on your free plan to your other paid plan. So if I earn 7 reward bucks by printing coupons on the paid plan each month AND I gift myself the 7 bucks for printing coupons on the 'free' plan, then I will have 14 bucks which more than pays for my 10 dollar paid plan. (boy that was a long sentence)
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 minutes ago - 1 week 1 minute ago #31915 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUp Activation Thread

Frasier1 wrote: I did get a free match of 10 bucks after I earned my first 10 bucks. But that was with a paid plan, I don't know if they would do it for the free plans. And I only have 25 cents on my new free plan so I guess I'll have to wait and see. Interestingly I noticed you can't buy any of the add ons for the free plan. Like if you ran out of free min. and wanted to spend 5 bucks to add additional min. to your plan....you can't. So what can you do with the rewards you earn on the free plan? Well, yo have 2 choices, you can either 'upgrade' to a paid plan using your reward dollars or, you can 'gift' your reward dollars on your free plan to your other paid plan. So if I earn 7 reward bucks by printing coupons on the paid plan each month AND I gift myself the 7 bucks for printing coupons on the 'free' plan, then I will have 14 bucks which more than pays for my 10 dollar paid plan. (boy that was a long sentence)

Thanks for all the info you have provided about FreeUp.
Re--buying add ons on the free plan: @m&m posted on the FreeUp mobile thread that the option to buy add ons is now working, and that is the case on my account as well, though I haven't actually made a purchase. So are you saying, even though the option to buy addons is now there, one still can't purchase add ons on the free plan? Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1

More
6 days 21 hours ago #31916 by Frasier1
Replied by Frasier1 on topic FreeUp Activation Thread
No, I just meant it wasn't working for me. Glad to get an update that it is now working! Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
6 days 15 hours ago #31919 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUp Activation Thread
Another successful activation, in a dual-SIM phone.

I activated a FreeUp SIM for a friend yesterday, in a Nokia 3.1 dual-SIM phone. This is a newer design dual-SIM phone than the one Chelle reported in the first post. It works fine with a FreedomPop (AT&T) SIM in the other slot for data only. FreeUp SIM in slot 2, assigned to 3G (AT&T uses 3G for voice now), with data disabled. Slot 1 holds the FreedomPop SIM assigned to LTE, data enabled. (Did it in that order because the phone quickstart manual indicated that arrangement, although I don't know if it was just an example, or a directive.) The phone was smart enough to automatically assign LTE to the FreedomPop SIM, as I already had the FreeUp SIM assigned and set up as 3G, and smart enough to assign the FreeUp SIM as 3G only instead of 2G/3G..
Voice and SMS work fine, as does Freedompop data. No switching of SIMs, involved-- it just works. I have not yet tested MMS. My friend does not use Google Voice, so no reports on whether that would be an issue. Functions were tested individually, so I can't confirm that data (e.g., streaming) would continue while calling. (It's a base free FreedomPop SIM with 250mb, so streaming isn't likely in any case.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, PEW, woo_24, Frasier1

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
6 days 12 hours ago #31923 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUp Activation Thread
Nice! Thanks for the research, now you got me wanting to get a new dual-sim phone. :)

More
6 days 8 hours ago #31962 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUp Activation Thread
Re: my post about the dual-SIM Nokia above, MMS has been tested and works fine with carrier # with configuration above.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle