FreeUp Activation Thread

• Chelle
  • Chelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #31747 by Chelle
I thought it might be handy to put all activation questions and comments, in one thread, since so many are going through it right now.

I just activated my SIM, with no problem, and have verified that talk, text and data all work.

Blu Life One X
Dual SIM
Phone has T-Mobile and FreeUp SIMs

I'm not able to use FreeUp for calls and text while using T-Mobile for data. I assume it's because AT&T no longer has 2G and there's contention for the remaining radios.

Works fine if you set talk, text and data all to the same SIM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Frasier1, SuccessOne, Chosen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #31749 by RingieDingie
I had been trying to print coupons in Firefox on Linux and was just getting a blank screen. Chromium worked, was able to save as PDF.

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Frasier1, SuccessOne

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #31750 by Frasier1
Replied by Frasier1 on topic FreeUp Activation Thread
Just a heads up on an issue I had months ago. For the first month I printed coupons I never got credit for them. I emailed customer service and they weren't much help. (they just said 'give it more time') Then I figured out what this problem was. When I turned off my Ad Blocker while using FreeUp website and the site to print the coupons, then I started to get credit for each printed coupon. So the Ad Blocker was somehow interfering with FreeUP registering that I had printed one. YMMV.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Isamorph, SuccessOne, Chosen, st3fx

More
1 week 3 days ago - 1 week 3 days ago #31785 by Diedrich_Duo
OK, I have a really dumb but genuine question for all of you who are more tech savvy than I am (pretty much every living being on this forum). I have already registered for a FreeUP free monthly account, I already have my BYO device, and I just received my FreeUP SIM card in the mail today.

I've never swapped out a SIM card before, so here's my question. Do I install the SIM first, then activate it online, then power the phone back on? Or should I proceed in a different order?

Any and all helpful input would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

More
1 week 3 days ago #31786 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeUp Activation Thread

Diedrich_Duo wrote: OK, I have a really dumb but genuine question for all of you who are more tech savvy than I am (pretty much every living being on this forum). I have already registered for a FreeUP free monthly account, I already have my BYO device, and I just received my FreeUP SIM card in the mail today.

I've never swapped out a SIM card before, so here's my question. Do I install the SIM first, then activate it online, then power the phone back on? Or should I proceed in a different order?

Any and all helpful input would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Suggest to activate SIM first, then install. Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
1 week 3 days ago #31792 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUp Activation Thread
I've seen the recommendation to activate the SIM before installing, too-- and the FreeUp directions are in that order. I don't understand why.
I know I've done some GSM SIMs by installing, then activating in place, and didn't run into problems. Probably just luck that I avoided whatever issue might be a concern.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lexusl21, Diedrich_Duo

More
1 week 19 hours ago #31900 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic FreeUp Activation Thread
My FreeUP sim is activated, now for the questions -

1) I noticed this on their site: "MAKE IT FREE GUARANTEE - Spend about 15 minutes per day engaging with our rewards app action categories and we will match the first $10 you earn in rewards to make the $20 Unlimited Talk, Text and 1GB Plan Free."
Does this apply to the Free plan as well?

2) Has anyone ordered more than one sim at one go? If the sim is free, and shipping is $1.99, would ordering 10 sim's cost just $1.99? (I seem to remember that the system restricts you to ordering just one sim at a time?)

3) Where did you guys get the referral code? Does it show up after the app is downloaded? (I haven't done anything with the app yet).

More
1 week 18 hours ago - 1 week 18 hours ago #31901 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUp Activation Thread
@peterquinn
1) It appears to apply to the free plan-- but I doubt anyone knows for certain, since I doubt anyone has been on the free plan long enough to see it happen. (Plus, we know there are some things on the site that need to be updated in regards to the free plan......) I think, but am not certain, that Frasier1 received that bonus when started on the $10 plan (instead of the $20 plan mentioned).

2) I haven't. My guess is that the $1.99 will be applied on a per-SIM basis, if the system allows ordering multiple SIMs.

3) I had the same question, and could not locate it on the website dashboard. Load the app, and you'll find it there easy enough. From the app, I emailed the referral link to myself (there's a button to email an invitation) so that I can have it handy without the need to acquire someone's email address.
NOTE: the app requires logging in with your phone # and the PIN you entered when signing up, and does not remember login info. Awkward, especially since I opted for a new # to use as a spare line. I resorted to writing the FreeUp phone # on a piece of tape stuck to the back of my phone.

More
1 week 18 hours ago - 1 week 18 hours ago #31902 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic FreeUp Activation Thread
Thank you, KentE, for the answers!
Would be quite a bonus to receive $10 on the free plan! Hope it won't bankrupt FreeUp! I want them to be around forever, not gone like RingPlus. Maybe the wording of the "guarantee" implies that one would be required to interact with the app for 15 minutes daily to get the bonus.

KentE wrote: @peterquinn
1) It appears to apply to the free plan-- but I doubt anyone knows for certain, since I doubt anyone has been on the free plan long enough to see it happen. (Plus, we know there are some things on the site that need to be updated in regards to the free plan......) I think, but am not certain, that Frasier1 received that bonus when started on the $10 plan (instead of the $20 plan mentioned).

2) I haven't. My guess is that the $1.99 will be applied on a per-SIM basis, if the system allows ordering multiple SIMs.

3) I had the same question, and could not locate it on the website dashboard. Load the app, and you'll find it there easy enough. From the app, I emailed the referral link to myself (there's a button to email an invitation) so that I can have it handy without the need to acquire someone's email address.
NOTE: the app requires logging in with your phone # and the PIN you entered when signing up, and does not remember login info. Awkward, especially since I opted for a new # to use as a spare line. I resorted to writing the FreeUp phone # on a piece of tape stuck to the back of my phone.

• zli
  • Smoke Signals
  • Smoke Signals
More
1 week 10 hours ago #31910 by zli
Replied by zli on topic FreeUp Activation Thread
The $10 offers as promo discount for an order. So if you order multiple SIM, only reduce $10.

peterquinn wrote: My FreeUP sim is activated, now for the questions -

2) Has anyone ordered more than one sim at one go? If the sim is free, and shipping is $1.99, would ordering 10 sim's cost just $1.99? (I seem to remember that the system restricts you to ordering just one sim at a time?)

The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE