My Experience with FreeUp Mobile (the competition)

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #31631 by Frasier1
Yes, when you go to the freeup dash and click on rewards, it shows each .24 cent coupon, and the day it was credited.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Isamorph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #31643 by johnsmith
Do you have to activate your SIM before you can refer others?
I signed up yesterday and I want to refer family members.
Thanks.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #31644 by Isamorph

johnsmith wrote: Do you have to activate your SIM before you can refer others?
Thanks.

@Frasier can probably answer the question better than I, but I wonder if you have received a referral link, even though you do not have an activated sim or phone number? I believe that when I got my referral code, there were options to give it out or input the email addresses of the friends and family you wished to refer. It would be best if you email FreeUp CS and they can answer your question for sure.

www.freeupmobile.com/support/contact-us
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnsmith

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #31645 by mmfacemm

johnsmith wrote: Do you have to activate your SIM before you can refer others?
Thanks.

Yes you have to activate first
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnsmith

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #31652 by johnsmith
Thanks to you both for replying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, mmfacemm

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #31665 by Zubrin
FreeUp is using regular cellular voice/text and not paying taxes and fees? The management has no idea what Uncle Sam will do to them. Do not port your main number to FreeUp because it will be belly up soon or you will see taxes and fees very soon.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #31667 by Isamorph
FreeUp's tax policy is not clear to me. Apparently they did add taxes to the $1.99 sim card purchases for at least some people in some states. But ,maybe it's just me, their terms of service vis a vis taxes seems unclear, particularly the "as applicable" meaning. @Frasier may be of help here.

All Taxes And Fees Included In Price?

"All prices for Services are in U.S. dollars and do not include any taxes. Prices listed are subject to change and Sales Tax and Federal Goods and Services Tax, telecommunications tax, and 911 fees are charged on any Services purchased, as applicable."

www.freeupmobile.com/support/terms-and-conditions

www.myfreeupmobilephones.com/Terms-and-Cond.html?q1w_set_zip_code=92260

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #31668 by Hungry-Hog

That is my concern. too good to be true. I am willing to join if it offers something similar to cellnuvo's old business or tello's paygo. The monthly taxes and fees are not acceptable to some cheapskates like me. It would be better if it offers paygo plus credits applicable to eBay.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #31669 by Chelle
I think there's a sales threshold that companies have to exceed before they're subject to and required to remit certain taxes. It would be impossible for most small companies to keep up with the thousands of tax jurisdictions in the USA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Frasier1

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #31671 by Frasier1
I've been on the 10 dollar plan and the 20 dollar plan only so far. In each of those cases I was only charged 10 or 20 dollars. I assume the tax, fees, 911 charge etc. are rolled into the 10 and 20 dollar plan. I just ordered the sim ($2.13) for the free plan but have not received it yet. So until I actually sign up for the free plan and 30 days go by, I can't report about any taxes. My understanding is there is no taxes on the free plan. If their are any mandated by law, maybe FreeUP just pays the 2 bucks (or however much it is) on your behalf and eats the cost as a way to attract new customers and hope that some will switch to a paid plan. Even if they did charge taxes, it would be easy to off-set that by printing a few coupons. If and when I get more information I will let everyone know. Their site has gone down a few times the last few days so maybe that is a sign of lots of people signing up for the service.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph