FreeUP Mobile

More
1 week 2 days ago #31829 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP Mobile

Hungry-Hog wrote: So freeup is owned by TracFone?

No.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hungry-Hog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago - 4 days 21 hours ago #31837 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile
I noticed that there's an option when printing coupons to email them to yourself for later printing (or not). You can enter a different email address than your registered FreeUp email. Works for me, since I have a dedicated 'spam' email address. (The same one I used when all those ads on CN required entering an email address.) If you answer "no" to the "Do you have a printer connected' question, you'll see this option.

(EDIT/ CORRECTION: based on my later experience, emailing the coupons to yourself does not remove the necessity of taking an additional step to 'print' the coupons. The email contains a link to Coupons.com, where you must take an additional step to print the coupons. I use PDF24, a freeware PDF printer, to avoid using ink, and save them to file. I get a confirmation of coupons having been printed. It appears you have a window of 2-3 days to take this action, or the coupons will disappear from the queue. It may also be possible to print them to Google Drive, as you can do from the phone app.)

There's also an option for using an app, and linking to your grocery store frequent shopper card, without printing. I read briefly through the Google Play description, but I don't do the bulk of our grocery shopping.
I've spotted some coupons I might actually use, though.

More
1 week 16 hours ago - 1 week 16 hours ago #31903 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic FreeUP Mobile
Got a text saying you can earn 48c a day printing two coupons (2 x 24c).
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Chelle, Isamorph, Hungry-Hog, LouP, Frasier1, Chosen

More
1 week 16 hours ago #31904 by RingieDingie
Replied by RingieDingie on topic FreeUP Mobile

mmfacemm wrote: Got a text saying you can earn 48c a day printing two coupons (2 x 24c).

I got that text also, and it sounds great. Unfortunately so far I haven't seen any coupon credits come through for me. I've tried multiple browsers and operating systems, printed/saved to PDF. The website tells me my coupons printed successfully.
Are you folks seeing credits for coupons? If so, did you create a login for Coupons.com or not? I did, not sure if it matters? I think I tried both ways though, logged in and not.
Thanks.

More
1 week 14 hours ago - 1 week 12 hours ago #31906 by mmfacemm
Add ons (200mb for $5, 250 mins & texts for $5 or $5 international call credit) appear to be working now and you don' t need to use up your balance first to buy them. I don't see the $10 for 500mb option though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Frasier1, RingieDingie

• zli
  • Smoke Signals
  • Smoke Signals
More
1 week 10 hours ago #31909 by zli
Replied by zli on topic FreeUP Mobile
For me, I got credits every 3 days.

RingieDingie wrote:

mmfacemm wrote: Got a text saying you can earn 48c a day printing two coupons (2 x 24c).

I got that text also, and it sounds great. Unfortunately so far I haven't seen any coupon credits come through for me. I've tried multiple browsers and operating systems, printed/saved to PDF. The website tells me my coupons printed successfully.
Are you folks seeing credits for coupons? If so, did you create a login for Coupons.com or not? I did, not sure if it matters? I think I tried both ways though, logged in and not.
Thanks.

More
1 week 8 hours ago #31913 by Frasier1
Replied by Frasier1 on topic FreeUP Mobile
When you say you got a text saying you can print 2 coupons a day, who did the text come from? I have not seen that yet. Also as I have said before, the coupon credits can take 2-4 days to credit (sometimes even a week) I don't know why but it does. Also you can save to google drive or pdf or actually print the coupon (I have and some of them are good) and you get the credit even if you didn't "actually" print the coupon. (saves on paper and ink) By the way I use a service called "Instant ink" I pay $2.99 a month and they send me free black and color ink at NO charge, no shipping, no nothing! (and they send a supersized cartridge for your exact printer so it lasts a very long time). When you run out, they send you another one for free. All you pay is 2.99 per month (for a max of 50 pages per month with rollover) I love it because I use to run out of ink and then have to run to the store and spend 40-60 bucks for Ink. Now I just spend 2.99 a month and it's all taken care of. Had the service for over a year and no complaints.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RingieDingie

More
1 week 6 hours ago #31914 by RingieDingie
Replied by RingieDingie on topic FreeUP Mobile
The text came from FreeUP.

Regarding the coupons, I guess there's still hope!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1

More
5 days 21 hours ago #31988 by mmfacemm
It has been 8 days and I have not been awarded any credits for videos watched via the app. I don't think videos are working. Anyone credited for videos?

More
5 days 20 hours ago - 5 days 20 hours ago #31990 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile

mmfacemm wrote: It has been 8 days and I have not been awarded any credits for videos watched via the app. I don't think videos are working. Anyone credited for videos?

It could take up to 60 days according to this from the FreeUp rewards FAQs:

"When will my reward credits be available for use?
Credits earned based on your activity will be available immediately or in some cases could take up to 60 days based on type of earnings."

60 days seems an absurd amount of time to see if credits have been rewarded. Perhaps there is a distinction between being available for use and seeing that the credits have been awarded, which looks doubtful.

Just remembered that @Frasier1 posted this on Nth about a week ago: "Watching videos however seem to post either the same day or next day. Most 30 sec videos equals 1 cent. " So--??