FreeUP Mobile

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #31804 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic FreeUP Mobile
I have been waiting for email replies for several days. Seems they are swamped.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #31805 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP Mobile
Being able to pay FreeUp with CellNUVO gold would be a match made in heaven. (We'll, in Nth Circle, anyway.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LouP, Frasier1

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #31806 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile
Just received the following from FreeUp CS via email.

Hello,
"I apologize for this inconvenience. It seems that there is an issue right now with selecting addons for the new Free plan. I anticipate this being corrected within the next 24 hours.

If you need an addon applied to a FreeUP number right now, please let us know which addon, and which phone number and we can get that added for you today."

Thank you,
FreeUP Support
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Chelle, Frasier1

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #31807 by Chelle
I've got a good feeling about this company. They certainly respond pretty quickly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, LouP, Frasier1

More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #31808 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile

Chelle wrote: I've got a good feeling about this company. They certainly respond pretty quickly.

I've been impressed so far, too. I had also requested info about the Paygo option, which the email response from FreeUp did not address, so I re-requested that info by asking if the Paygo option would also be corrected and available, which may have been implied in the mention of options selections being fixed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #31809 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP Mobile

Chelle wrote: I've got a FreedomPop Sprint-based hotspot that gets 550 free megabytes, each month.

And I purchased it from an authorized seller, so I never had to enter any payment info or disable top up.

It's the perfect companion to a SIM like this that has lots of talk and text but very little data.

Rather than paying for more data it would be better to buy a Sprint-based hotspot from eBay or one of the other outlets.

Some hotspots runs on usb power without battery installed. Makes great in-car wifi/save your handset data.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #31814 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeUP Mobile

st3fx wrote:

KentE wrote: If Isamorph is right about only "just in time" add-ons, it may prove awkard at times, and more accurately "just too late". Worst issue would be not being able to add data when you're almost out, and not around WiFi-- not sure how one would accomplish that task.

Unless FreeUP rewards app cellular data usage is zero-rated.

As per FreeUP support, all cellular data usage counts against allotment. Nothing is zero-rated.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #31815 by mstulip
Replied by mstulip on topic FreeUP Mobile

Chelle wrote: I've got a good feeling about this company. They certainly respond pretty quickly.

It looks like FreeUp Mobile was started by the founder of Simple Mobile, before it was sold to TracFone:

bestmvno.com/mvnos/freeup-mobile/
FreeUP Mobile soft launched in the early part of 2018. It was founded by Rod Nakjavani who is no stranger to the MVNO industry. In 2009 he co-founded Simple Mobile, a brand that he and his team enjoyed quick success with. In less than 3 years time, the Simple Mobile brand grew to approximately 1.6 million subscribers before being purchased in May of 2012 by América Móvil.

So apparently the company is run by some experienced telecom people. Hopefully FreeUp will fare better than some other "free-ish" MVNOs that we've seen come and go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Frasier1

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #31818 by Chelle

PEW wrote:

Chelle wrote: I've got a FreedomPop Sprint-based hotspot that gets 550 free megabytes, each month.

And I purchased it from an authorized seller, so I never had to enter any payment info or disable top up.

It's the perfect companion to a SIM like this that has lots of talk and text but very little data.

Rather than paying for more data it would be better to buy a Sprint-based hotspot from eBay or one of the other outlets.

Some hotspots runs on usb power without battery installed. Makes great in-car wifi/save your handset data.

I use my MiFi 500 without a battery. Works great.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #31828 by Hungry-Hog
Replied by Hungry-Hog on topic FreeUP Mobile
So freeup is owned by TracFone?