FreeUP Mobile

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #31772 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile

Chelle wrote: I checked my plan and it said that I could purchase 200MB for $5 or 500MB for $10. Pretty pricey!

What path or clicks did you take to get to the actual purchase window? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #31775 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP Mobile
I didn't try to purchase but here's where the plan details are:

freeupmobile.com/shop/plans-and-features

Click "Details" under the free plan and you'll find this:

Attachments:

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #31777 by woo_24
Replied by woo_24 on topic FreeUP Mobile
When I click the "Add-Ons" link in my account, it says my plan doesn't have any Add-On Options...

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #31781 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile
I see no way to make an add-on purchase, either. I hope it's a work in progress. My assumption is that they're positioned for a fair number of users to add modest amounts of data-- the 500mb add-on would, for example, put the overall plan somewhere in market-rate position. (Although $10 for 500mb is high, $10 for 500or500 v/t & 600mb is not out of line.)

More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #31784 by Isamorph
I was looking at the FreeUp FAQs again , and it occurred to me that it's possible that one cannot purchase add ons until one has run out of minutes or data. In short, one has to have run out before the option to purchase add ons becomes available. I would like to add a little money to Paygo for a rainy day, but I'm beginning to think that Paygo may not be an option on the Free plan. I'll email support and see if they can clarify the addons and paygo situation.

"I ran out of minutes, texts or data, how do I get more?
If your Minutes, Text or Data get used up during the month,you can pay or apply rewards point to purchase add-on to your account to continue using the services. Any unused portion will expire at the end of the billing cycle and will not roll over to the next cycle." from FAQs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo, Chosen, st3fx

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #31793 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile
If Isamorph is right about only "just in time" add-ons, it may prove awkard at times, and more accurately "just too late". Worst issue would be not being able to add data when you're almost out, and not around WiFi-- not sure how one would accomplish that task.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Isamorph

• als
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #31797 by als
Replied by als on topic FreeUP Mobile
Just goes to support those of you with many phones. A perfect justification. All you will need to do is decide which phone to switch on. LOL

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #31798 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeUP Mobile

KentE wrote: If Isamorph is right about only "just in time" add-ons, it may prove awkard at times, and more accurately "just too late". Worst issue would be not being able to add data when you're almost out, and not around WiFi-- not sure how one would accomplish that task.

Unless FreeUP rewards app cellular data usage is zero-rated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #31800 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP Mobile
I've got a FreedomPop Sprint-based hotspot that gets 550 free megabytes, each month.

And I purchased it from an authorized seller, so I never had to enter any payment info or disable top up.

It's the perfect companion to a SIM like this that has lots of talk and text but very little data.

Rather than paying for more data it would be better to buy a Sprint-based hotspot from eBay or one of the other outlets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #31802 by Isamorph

KentE wrote: If Isamorph is right about only "just in time" add-ons, it may prove awkard at times, and more accurately "just too late". Worst issue would be not being able to add data when you're almost out, and not around WiFi-- not sure how one would accomplish that task.

Awkward indeed. I hope I'm wrong, but from the FAQ's wording and the fact that no one can figure out how to purchase addons, it's a weird possibility. Common sense would say that people want to get the addons before they run out to ensure that they don't run out during a call or other process. As has been mentioned before, FreeUp may need to update their website to clarify how the free plan works. I'm waiting for a response from FreeUp CS to the email I sent yesterday requesting clarification on the addons process. On the last email query, I got a response in less than 24 hours, which was nice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle