FreeUP Mobile

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #31476 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP Mobile
Is the talk, text and data hard capped or are there overage charges?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #31480 by Frasier1
Replied by Frasier1 on topic FreeUP Mobile
My experience is hard cap no overage. But I've never been on the free plan as of yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #31482 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeUP Mobile

Chelle wrote: Is the talk, text and data hard capped or are there overage charges?

Hard capped with optional add-ons or "Pay As You Go" balance. ($0.02/minute US calling PAYG listed here: freeupmobile.com/support/international-calling )

From FAQ: "If your Minutes, Text or Data get used up during the month,you can pay or apply rewards point to purchase add-on to your account to continue using the services. Any unused portion will expire at the end of the billing cycle and will not roll over to the next cycle." www.freeupmobile.com/support/faqs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, lexusl21, Frasier1

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #31510 by woo_24
Replied by woo_24 on topic FreeUP Mobile
For $2 to try it out, I'll probably pick one up. Anyone able to confirm if there is a minimum use policy to keep it active?

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #31511 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile

woo_24 wrote: For $2 to try it out, I'll probably pick one up. Anyone able to confirm if there is a minimum use policy to keep it active?

mmfaceman said: "Just be aware that you have to log in and perform "one action" a month to keep the line active. Rewards seem to rollover which is good." Which is also stated in FreeUp's tos.

www.nthcircle.com/forum/freeup/1659-freeup-mobile?start=10
The following user(s) said Thank You: woo_24

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #31512 by woo_24
Replied by woo_24 on topic FreeUP Mobile
Thank you! Just looked it up as well:
"FreeUP reserves the right to terminate accounts on the Free Talk & Text Plan that are inactive for 60-days and have not logged in Rewards app or online portal and taken one action at least once per month."

Isamorph wrote:

woo_24 wrote: For $2 to try it out, I'll probably pick one up. Anyone able to confirm if there is a minimum use policy to keep it active?

mmfaceman said: "Just be aware that you have to log in and perform "one action" a month to keep the line active. Rewards seem to rollover which is good." Which is also stated in FreeUp's tos.

www.nthcircle.com/forum/freeup/1659-freeup-mobile?start=10

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #31514 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile
woo-24 writes:
"Thank you! Just looked it up as well:
"FreeUP reserves the right to terminate accounts on the Free Talk & Text Plan that are inactive for 60-days and have not logged in Rewards app or online portal and taken one action at least once per month." "

Great! That fits well with how I think I'll use my line-- as a backup with intermittent main use. If it works the way I think, I'll use the rewards app or portal to earn credits, and have enough banked to buy a little extra data should it become my daily-carry phone for more than a few days at a time. Data add-ons are a little pricey on the surface of it, but seem reasonable for on-demand pricing. (And I suspect that it's set up this way on purpose, positioning the free plan as a loss-leader, with the knowledge that many folks will need to add data, bringing the package cost up to market rate if one looks at a pure cash outlay.)

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #31522 by furgus8
Replied by furgus8 on topic FreeUP Mobile
Hi can you run the reward app on a different phone than the phone which has the SIM or is it tied to the SIM phone does anyone know? Thanks

More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #31523 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic FreeUP Mobile

furgus8 wrote: Hi can you run the reward app on a different phone than the phone which has the SIM or is it tied to the SIM phone does anyone know? Thanks

I have this same question too. (I've ordered the FreeUp sim but don't really have a phone for it when it arrives. I'm planning to put the sim in my FreedomPop AT&T or Tracfone AT&T phone to activate, then pull out the sim and put it away for when I need FreeUp's service. Hope there won't be any glitches with this.) Will be very useful if the reward app can be run on a different phone, or on a PC.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #31525 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile
Not from personal experience, but....
I reached out to FreeUp CS when they first appeared, and asked about running the app on a different phone from the 'active' phone. They indicated that would not be a problem.
woo_24's quote from the FAQ seems to indicate that actions through the online portal also can qualify as activity , and I'm pretty sure you can print the coupons, etc., from there as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1