FreeUP Mobile

More
1 week 6 days ago #46586 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile

bingyee wrote: One of my lines is still giving me a combination of 500 minutes or texts each month as opposed to 250 separately for each bucket. I actually value this a bit more, although it hardly matters because the line sees very little use nowadays - it's just my old land line # parked for free.

I wish mine was doing that. I don't use carrier texting for anything except authentication when needed- using Google Voice for text. 500 talk or text let me use all 500 for talk..

I have another line I can switch to if I get too close to 250, but it would be easier if I didn't need to monitor it closely.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #46587 by johnsmith
Replied by johnsmith on topic FreeUP Mobile

bingyee wrote: One of my lines is still giving me a combination of 500 minutes or texts each month as opposed to 250 separately for each bucket. I actually value this a bit more, although it hardly matters because the line sees very little use nowadays - it's just my old land line # parked for free.

That's great! Congrats. Do you still have the 100 megs of free data as well?

More
1 week 6 days ago - 1 week 6 days ago #46588 by tech-stitch
Replied by tech-stitch on topic FreeUP Mobile
Same here (getting 500 either or). The line never hits 100 minutes though, so maybe why they have not bothered.

Edit: no data (never did have it there).

More
1 week 6 days ago #46589 by johnsmith

tech-stitch wrote: Same here (getting 500 either or). The line never hits 100 minutes though, so maybe why they have not bothered.

Can you check your MINUTES REMAINING, TEXTS REMAINING and most importantly your DATA REMAINING at the top of your dashboard-

I think you might find the plan is actually 250 minutes, 250 texts and 0 data even though it is labeled as the 500 + 100megs.

More
1 week 6 days ago #46590 by johnsmith

Can you check your MINUTES REMAINING, TEXTS REMAINING and most importantly your DATA REMAINING at the top of your dashboard-

I think you might find the plan is actually 250 minutes, 250 texts and 0 data even though it is labeled as the 500 + 100megs.

More
1 week 6 days ago - 1 week 6 days ago #46591 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic FreeUP Mobile
I used to be on the 500talk-or-text+100mb free plan. Like KentE, my plan has changed to the 250 talk+250 text free plan.

I'm starting to think that bingyee and tech-stitch may have been on a different free plan - maybe they were on the 1000talk/text+0mb free plan?

More
1 week 6 days ago #46593 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile

peterquinn wrote: I used to be on the 500talk-or-text+100mb free plan. Like KentE, my plan has changed to the 250 talk+250 text free plan.

I'm starting to think that bingyee and tech-stitch may have been on a different free plan - maybe they were on the 1000talk/text+0mb free plan?

I was wondering the same!

More
1 week 6 days ago #46595 by bingyee
Replied by bingyee on topic FreeUP Mobile

peterquinn wrote: I used to be on the 500talk-or-text+100mb free plan. Like KentE, my plan has changed to the 250 talk+250 text free plan.

Yes. The line that has 500 talk or text used to have 1000 talk or text and no data. I have two other lines that had free 100gb data and those lines have 250 talk + 250 text.

More
1 week 6 days ago #46598 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic FreeUP Mobile

bingyee wrote: Yes. The line that has 500 talk or text used to have 1000 talk or text and no data. I have two other lines that had free 100gb data and those lines have 250 talk + 250 text.

Whoa bingyee, that's one heckuva plan, with 100 GB data for free ;-)

Just kidding of course, we all know it's a typo for 100mb! :-)

More
1 week 6 days ago #46599 by tech-stitch
Replied by tech-stitch on topic FreeUP Mobile
Yes, that line was on the 1000 zero data plan. It was supposed to have changed back in April to a 250 / 250 plan per the email I got from them. It never did and continues to behave just like the in the past. For those curious enough, see attached.
Attachments: