FreeUP Mobile

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #33886 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP Mobile
With FP ATT data, I think VOIP is equal in quality to cell calls... If not with hangout, definitely should be with GV.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #33891 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile

st3fx wrote: My guess is that a "port accepted" response from losing carrier triggered the "port completed" message to you. If the number were mobile instead of VoIP (CLEC Bandwidth.com), then the port probably would have completed pretty quickly after port accepted. Instead, according to FU support, you have a FOC (firm order commitment) of tomorrow, so hopefully it works out. I am curious if your number still shows if you login to Freedompop or if prompted to assign a new number. FYI, I have learned over time it's best to initiate a port on a business day during business hours.

Port was completed this morning, and all phone systems work now. Now if FU can overcome the "now you see them, now you don't, and now you see them again" features of our accounts, then a happy future may be in the cards.:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Frasier1, 112059, st3fx

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #37062 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile
I was wondering if anyone has purchased a FreeUp sim lately and, if so, how much do they now cost. The last I remember, someone said the sim cost $5 with free shipping on FreeUp' site, but I wonder if that is only for existing customers or anybody. I also see that Amazon is still selling the $10 FU sim, but I did not see anything about the $10 match in the first 30 days, and I wonder if that perk still exists. Thanks.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #37063 by lexusl21
Replied by lexusl21 on topic FreeUP Mobile
I am also interested. Any direct link to the Sim card

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #37064 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic FreeUP Mobile
The $10 match was discontinued I believe in December. The referral program is gone too, as of March I believe. Anyone can sign up and get the sim for $4.99 shipping, you just need to create an account. (Disclaimer: info accurate as of about a month ago, when I was looking into signing up for a new account due to the continuing problems with coupons not crediting. Still no coupon credits for me, but I didn't sign up for a new sim either).

Isamorph wrote: I was wondering if anyone has purchased a FreeUp sim lately and, if so, how much do they now cost. The last I remember, someone said the sim cost $5 with free shipping on FreeUp' site, but I wonder if that is only for existing customers or anybody. I also see that Amazon is still selling the $10 FU sim, but I did not see anything about the $10 match in the first 30 days, and I wonder if that perk still exists. Thanks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #37066 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeUP Mobile
I can confirm what @peterquinn posted.

(Currently) For new account:
$10 SIM - $10 off promo = $0 + shipping + tax (sales tax applies if choosing paid plan during checkout)
Ground (3-5 Days) : $4.99
Priority Mail : $9.99
Priority Mail Express : $23.99
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph