FreeUP Mobile

More
5 months 4 weeks ago - 5 months 4 weeks ago #33699 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic FreeUP Mobile

echance20 wrote: Freeup revamped the free plan to 1000 talk or text, No Data. (100mb data removed). Added plan 20.00 unlimited talk and text with 2 GB data.

I need the 100mb data too. Will be a shame to lose the data and be left with a "dumbphone plan".
I see a silver lining though because it's possible customers with the original 100mb+500t/t plan are grandfathered in -- I did the monthly upgrade-to-free-plan in my account today. It shows current plan as 100mb+500t/t. More importantly, it shows future plan also as 100mb+500t/t.

My coupons are still not crediting. If I lose the 100mb, I'll just have to stop printing coupons daily; I'll just do the minimum once-a-month of coupon printing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #33700 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile
I'm a Google Voice user, so a little data is critical to me, too. I'm fortunate to not have problems printing coupons, so either upgrading or purchasing an add-on is a possibility for me.
FreeUP seriously needs to address the problems some are having with coupon printing!

I renewed my free plan today, too-- and noticed the same thing about it appearing to grandfather the old plan. I won't know for certain for another week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Hungry-Hog, Diedrich_Duo

More
5 months 4 weeks ago - 5 months 4 weeks ago #33720 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile
We know that FreeUP has a number of not so nice quirks, but how usage is calculated is peculiar. Below is a screenshot of mbp usage from my $10 plan with 200 mbps allotted each month, and it shows I used 108.61MB and 945.82 MB on Jan. 22nd, which makes no sense, save for the 108+ mbps that I used for one Speed test(which was 30mbps down btw). Yet on my account page it says I have 94+ mbps left to use. Math is certainly not my forte, but it doesn't appear to be FU's, either.
Attachments:

More
5 months 4 weeks ago - 5 months 4 weeks ago #33723 by Diedrich_Duo
Replied by Diedrich_Duo on topic FreeUP Mobile

Isamorph wrote: We know that FreeUP has a number of not so nice quirks, but how usage is calculated is peculiar. Below is a screenshot of mbp usage from my $10 plan with 200 mbps allotted each month, and it shows I used 108.61MB and 945.82 MB on Jan. 22nd, which makes no sense, save for the 108+ mbps that I used for one Speed test(which was 30mbps down btw). Yet on my account page it says I have 94+ mbps left to use. Math is certainly not my forte, but it doesn't appear to be FU's, either.

Here's a little video that might help to explain FreeUP's contractual language and accounting system:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, RingieDingie

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #33724 by 112059
Replied by 112059 on topic FreeUP Mobile

Diedrich_Duo wrote:

Isamorph wrote: We know that FreeUP has a number of not so nice quirks, but how usage is calculated is peculiar. Below is a screenshot of mbp usage from my $10 plan with 200 mbps allotted each month, and it shows I used 108.61MB and 945.82 MB on Jan. 22nd, which makes no sense, save for the 108+ mbps that I used for one Speed test(which was 30mbps down btw). Yet on my account page it says I have 94+ mbps left to use. Math is certainly not my forte, but it doesn't appear to be FU's, either.

Here's a little video that might help to explain FreeUP's contractual language and accounting system:

Thanks for the video explanation. Now I will have to dig out my dvd's and enjoy the Kettle's trip to the big city.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

More
5 months 4 weeks ago - 5 months 4 weeks ago #33725 by Diedrich_Duo
Replied by Diedrich_Duo on topic FreeUP Mobile

On a more serious note than my post above, I'm still going to see how it works if I don't refresh my account and restart my phone on the date my free plan officially renews. Last month it kept going just fine (I had over 400 minutes/texts left, still subtracted from the prior month's amount), and I got my full 500 minutes/texts allotment two days into the new month's plan, with no deductions for what I used those first two days. Due to renew in about a week... will let you know how it goes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #33726 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile
@D_D I, too, thank you for the video which shows how much fun the Kettle's "new" math can be. There's fuzzy logic , and I guess there's fuzzy math, too.

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #33727 by 112059
Replied by 112059 on topic FreeUP Mobile
For those that want to see the full movie.

vimeo.com/296730631

Same clip starts at 46:30
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #33733 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic FreeUP Mobile
My second account that has been stuck on $0 for a month finally picked up some credit today. 2 days of double coupons!

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #33734 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile
That is good news, mmfacemm!
I'm still guessing that ongoing problems are a settings or reporting issue between the 3 entities involved, and that once fixed it will tend to stay that way. (Except for those for whom it hasn't......)