FreeUP Mobile

More
6 months 1 week ago #33375 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile
Oops, I've been spelling it wrong for some time. No wonder I was docked some rewards. "FUP" can be an abbreviation for some not so nice thoughts, too, none of which I'll mention.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago #33376 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile
Yeah, it's not a major improvement, is it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
6 months 1 week ago #33378 by bingyee
Replied by bingyee on topic FreeUP Mobile
Does anyone know what's the earliest version of IOS on which you can get data on FreeUp? I tried to use it on an old iPhone 4s running IOS 6.1.2 and data doesn't work. I only get talk and text.

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #33379 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile

bingyee wrote: Does anyone know what's the earliest version of IOS on which you can get data on FreeUp? I tried to use it on an old iPhone 4s running IOS 6.1.2 and data doesn't work. I only get talk and text.

Did you already set up data for iphone as instructed by FreeUP? If not, scroll down the FreeUP homepage to data setting and it will take you to a page to download the data settings for iphones. If you have already done this, then probably calling or emailing CS with your iphone question would be best. Also, as I understand it, the 4s can only receive 3G data, and I wonder if that could cause a problem with data. Anyway, good luck.

freeupmobile.com/iphone-data

More
6 months 1 week ago #33399 by KentE
3G-only access does not seem to be an issue, per se. I have a FreeUp SIM in a 3G android, and it works fine (including data).
I don't know if iPhone use might be different.

More
6 months 1 week ago #33400 by woo_24
Replied by woo_24 on topic FreeUP Mobile
I'm using FreeUp on a 5c running 10.3.3 and it's working great for me.

More
6 months 6 days ago - 6 months 6 days ago #33481 by KentE

PEW wrote: Balance now at $10.05 but did not get the additional $10 bonus yet... Does it take a day?

I crossed the $10 threshold on 1/13, and received the $10 bonus on 1/14. (This is for a 2nd family line-- I think my first line might have been a little slower to get the bonus.)

I still haven't received any bonus for referring someone, though.

More
6 months 3 days ago #33582 by bingyee
Replied by bingyee on topic FreeUP Mobile
Yes I set up the FreeUp profile. Data doesn't work on the 4s running 6.1.2 even with the profile installed

I also have a 5s running IOS 9.2 and data does work on that. My more advanced iPhones also work fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
6 months 3 days ago - 6 months 3 days ago #33585 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeUP Mobile
@bingyee If you're up for it, you can factory reset your iPhone to see if starting from scratch resolves issue.

Upon glancing through the carrier bundle, it appears APN for iPhone is: PRODATA

Alternatively, you can try changing APN manually (if setting restricted, may be possible via Jailbreak) or by creating a custom carrier bundle. I do not see FreeUP carrier profile currently available via: www.unlockit.co.nz

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
6 months 3 days ago #33588 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP Mobile
... still broken... getting credit for 0 to 1 coupon each day despite printing 2 coupons. Also, getting 0 credit for ads.

:(