FreeUP Mobile

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 week 7 hours ago #33340 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP Mobile
Balance now at $10.05 but did not get the additional $10 bonus yet... Does it take a day?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 7 hours ago - 1 week 7 hours ago #33343 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile
I think my first line took a day or 2 to credit the bonus.
The second line I set up for family is within a day or 2 of hitting the $10 mark, so we can compare notes.

More
1 week 6 hours ago #33344 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP Mobile

PEW wrote: Balance now at $10.05 but did not get the additional $10 bonus yet... Does it take a day?

Yes. Might have even been two.

More
6 days 21 hours ago #33353 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic FreeUP Mobile
Does FreeUp _not_ give you $10 if you have less than $10 in rewards? (My month was up a few weeks ago, and solely because of all their glitches with crediting coupons, my rewards are less than 10 bucks. I haven't gotten their matching dollars. I e-mailed Support twice, no response, it's been two weeks. Wonder what's going on.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
6 days 21 hours ago - 6 days 20 hours ago #33355 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile

peterquinn wrote: Does FreeUp _not_ give you $10 if you have less than $10 in rewards? (My month was up a few weeks ago, and solely because of all their glitches with crediting coupons, my rewards are less than 10 bucks. I haven't gotten their matching dollars. I e-mailed Support twice, no response, it's been two weeks. Wonder what's going on.)

No they do not, at least for you and me, for I had $9.12, and would have had well more than $10 had it not been for FreeUp's FU's. Very suspicious accounting. A while back, I provided FreeUp CS with a link to discussions about their service on this forum. I wonder if anyone from FreeUp has or will read what has been said here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
6 days 12 hours ago #33360 by KentE

Isamorph wrote:

peterquinn wrote: Does FreeUp _not_ give you $10 if you have less than $10 in rewards? (My month was up a few weeks ago, and solely because of all their glitches with crediting coupons, my rewards are less than 10 bucks. I haven't gotten their matching dollars. I e-mailed Support twice, no response, it's been two weeks. Wonder what's going on.)

No they do not, at least for you and me, for I had $9.12, and would have had well more than $10 had it not been for FreeUp's FU's. Very suspicious accounting. A while back, I provided FreeUp CS with a link to discussions about their service on this forum. I wonder if anyone from FreeUp has or will read what has been said here.

It did seem like there was a group of accounts that got a 'fix' just after you (Isamorph) sent that link to FreeUp CS-- but obviously not a fix for all.
At least one member (mmfacemm, I believe) worked around the problem of stalling out just short of $10 earnings by gifting enough from a second account to get the first account over the $10 hump.

This forum still appears to be the prime one for discussions about FreeUp-- it would be a mistake for management to not follow the discussions here, since it amounts to a free 'focus group' for feedback about customer satisfaction and experiences. (The same observation holds true for CellNuvo, of course.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

More
6 days 10 hours ago #33365 by Diedrich_Duo
Replied by Diedrich_Duo on topic FreeUP Mobile

Isamorph wrote: I had $9.12, and would have had well more than $10 had it not been for FreeUP's FU's.

Yes, indeed, had it not been for FreeUP's FoulUPs. :)

Maybe it "FreesUP" more of their capital when they are slow to credit those rewards, thus benefiting their cash flow, but as all of us former RingPlussers know, truly free is truly hard to sustain over the long haul. Will FreeUP prosper or go belly up? Time will tell... but in the meantime, let's enjoy our free service while it lasts!

More
6 days 10 hours ago #33367 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile

Diedrich_Duo wrote:

Isamorph wrote: I had $9.12, and would have had well more than $10 had it not been for FreeUP's FU's.

Yes, indeed, had it not been for FreeUP's FoulUPs. :)

Maybe it "FreesUP" more of their capital when they are slow to credit those rewards, thus benefiting their cash flow, but as all of us former RingPlussers know, truly free is truly hard to sustain over the long haul. Will FreeUP prosper or go belly up? Time will tell... but in the meantime, let's enjoy our free service while it lasts!

You have good translation skills, for nothing is lost in translation. The United Nations could well benefit from your abilities.:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
6 days 5 hours ago - 6 days 5 hours ago #33370 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic FreeUP Mobile
Isamorph wrote -- "had it not been for FreeUp's FU's."

Well said! How could the company's founders not have foreseen that their name would be shortened to FU!!??? :-)

More
6 days 5 hours ago #33371 by KentE
I might guess the possibility of the shortening had been anticipated, and that's why it's not FreeUp, but FreeUP. (abbreviated to FUP.)