FreeUP Mobile

  • PEW
  • PEW's Avatar
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #33041 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP Mobile
I went in and initiated/scheduled a plan change from the FREE plan to the FREE plan. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • rsvp
  • rsvp's Avatar
  • Smoke Signals
  • Smoke Signals
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #33157 by rsvp
Replied by rsvp on topic FreeUP Mobile
Where does it say when the billing period begins/ends? It says next payment is due "today" but it also said that yesterday (for the free plan). I'd like to add a second free plan to my account and make sure the start/end dates synchronize so I can keep track of the mandatory coupon printing better to keep both active.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #33160 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile

rsvp wrote: Where does it say when the billing period begins/ends? It says next payment is due "today" but it also said that yesterday (for the free plan). I'd like to add a second free plan to my account and make sure the start/end dates synchronize so I can keep track of the mandatory coupon printing better to keep both active.


Good question. There are some odd things on the website. When on the Free Plan, my "next payment due" info said " 2 days ago". I can look at the "Payments" info now and see when my credit card is charged, if charged anything, which corresponds with the date that my rewards were"redeemed" in the rewards history section located on the rewards app. So, I suppose, if there are no payments listed for the Free plan, nor any rewards listed as redeemed, then one must rely on the "yesterday, 1 or 2 days ago" in the next payment due window to calculate the billing period. FreeUp's motto doesn't seem to be " keep it simple".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #33162 by Diedrich_Duo
Replied by Diedrich_Duo on topic FreeUP Mobile

Isamorph wrote:

rsvp wrote: Where does it say when the billing period begins/ends? It says next payment is due "today" but it also said that yesterday (for the free plan). I'd like to add a second free plan to my account and make sure the start/end dates synchronize so I can keep track of the mandatory coupon printing better to keep both active.


Good question. There are some odd things on the website. When on the Free Plan, my "next payment due" info said " 2 days ago". I can look at the "Payments" info now and see when my credit card is charged, if charged anything, which corresponds with the date that my rewards were"redeemed" in the rewards history section located on the rewards app. So, I suppose, if there are no payments listed for the Free plan, nor any rewards listed as redeemed, then one must rely on the "yesterday, 1 or 2 days ago" in the next payment due window to calculate the billing period. FreeUp's motto doesn't seem to be " keep it simple".

I had the same thing happen when my free plan renewed. The number of minutes and MB of data remaining never reset, so I called their Customer Service number and asked them about it. They said that, in order to "reset" the minutes and data, you need to physically power off the phone, wait about a minute, then power it back on again. I did that and PRESTO! everything was reset, both on the app and online, and the next renewal date was correct as if I had refreshed on the actual day it renewed...

...which made me wonder if, by NOT refreshing the plan by doing the above, it might actually work like rollover minutes and data, since my usage during the first month's "overtime" period was not taken from the monthly allotment when it renewed after my reset / refresh. Perhaps that is a bug that will work in our favor, at least until FreeUP realizes that their free plan is even freer than they might have intended.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • PEW
  • PEW's Avatar
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #33164 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP Mobile
What?!? That makes no sense. Control of plan renewal relying on you rebooting your phone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #33165 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile
@Diedrich_Duo
"...which made me wonder if, by NOT refreshing the plan by doing the above, it might actually work like rollover minutes and data, since my usage during the first month's "overtime" period was not taken from the monthly allotment when it renewed after my reset / refresh. Perhaps that is a bug that will work in our favor, at least until FreeUP realizes that their free plan is even freer than they might have intended."

I wish I had your optimism. Not doing something is sometimes rewarding.:dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #33166 by Diedrich_Duo
Replied by Diedrich_Duo on topic FreeUP Mobile

PEW wrote: What?!? That makes no sense. Control of plan renewal relying on you rebooting your phone.

Agreed. Looks like that's another glitch to be worked out by FreeUP, but at least in my case, for the first monthly renewal, it worked in my favor (I still had 462 minutes/texts and 63 MB remaining after the whole month-plus-two-days). It will be interesting to see what happens next time; if it looks like the same situation I might even wait a few days longer to reset.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #33212 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic FreeUP Mobile

Diedrich_Duo wrote:

PEW wrote: What?!? That makes no sense. Control of plan renewal relying on you rebooting your phone.

Agreed. Looks like that's another glitch to be worked out by FreeUP, but at least in my case, for the first monthly renewal, it worked in my favor (I still had 462 minutes/texts and 63 MB remaining after the whole month-plus-two-days). It will be interesting to see what happens next time; if it looks like the same situation I might even wait a few days longer to reset.


Regarding the bolded part - may be a bad idea to wait if FreeUp decides to disallow the crediting of coupons just like it stops your account balance!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #33213 by Diedrich_Duo
Replied by Diedrich_Duo on topic FreeUP Mobile

peterquinn wrote:

Diedrich_Duo wrote:

PEW wrote: What?!? That makes no sense. Control of plan renewal relying on you rebooting your phone.

Agreed. Looks like that's another glitch to be worked out by FreeUP, but at least in my case, for the first monthly renewal, it worked in my favor (I still had 462 minutes/texts and 63 MB remaining after the whole month-plus-two-days). It will be interesting to see what happens next time; if it looks like the same situation I might even wait a few days longer to reset.


Regarding the bolded part - may be a bad idea to wait if FreeUp decides to disallow the crediting of coupons just like it stops your account balance!!

Perhaps I did not word my post clearly (my fault, not accusing you of anything). What I meant to say was that, even though I reset my free plan two days late, I still got my full 500 minutes / texts and 100 MB of data. No rollover from the prior month-plus-two-days, but none of the minutes or data that I used during those two "extra" days ended up being deducted from this month's allotment, even though they were used after my plan should have reset. So I may still see what happens if I don't renew / reset my plan on the exact day, but reset it a few days later again. Will let you know what happens toward the end of this month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • PEW
  • PEW's Avatar
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #33218 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP Mobile
I appreciate having a free 'saved' AT&T number with some allotments which I can turn to a paid plan when I travel. In the meantime, bank as much rewards as I can.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.