FreeUP Mobile

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #31404 by Frasier1
Replied by Frasier1 on topic FreeUP Mobile
I have been using freeup for about 5 months now with no problems. I switched to the 20 dollar unlimited T&T with 1 GB of data but I only have to pay about 5 bucks a month due to the rewards. As mentioned above, you can 'print a coupon' once a day (takes less that 1 min) and that gives you .24 cents a day. So that alone gives you about 7 bucks a month credit. You can also watch videos (average is 30 seconds and gives you 1 cent). I ordered a sim card last night for the Free service. I was charged 1.99 and 14 cents tax for a total of 2.13 (I live in Florida and tax here is 7%) Glad to see this new option. It may give Freedompop a run for their money!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, PEW, Isamorph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 weeks 4 days ago #31406 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP Mobile

Frasier1 wrote: I have been using freeup for about 5 months now with no problems. I switched to the 20 dollar unlimited T&T with 1 GB of data but I only have to pay about 5 bucks a month due to the rewards. As mentioned above, you can 'print a coupon' once a day (takes less that 1 min) and that gives you .24 cents a day. So that alone gives you about 7 bucks a month credit. You can also watch videos (average is 30 seconds and gives you 1 cent). I ordered a sim card last night for the Free service. I was charged 1.99 and 14 cents tax for a total of 2.13 (I live in Florida and tax here is 7%) Glad to see this new option. It may give Freedompop a run for their money!

Well, that closes the gap between the Amazon seller at $2.99 for the SIM. :cheer:

More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #31417 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile

Frasier1 wrote: Anyone interested in signing up for FreeUP Mobile feel free to use my referral link below
freeupmobile.com/?refer=00110198

Thank You

Thanks for all the reporting you've done on FreeUp, Fraiser1 ! I've made use of your referral link.
(For those wondering-- there doesn't seem to be a place to add a referral code on the website during sign-up. Just go to the site via the referral link, and then proceed as normal for plan selection and sign-up.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1

• dav
  • Cans+String
  • Cans+String
More
2 weeks 4 days ago #31419 by dav
Replied by dav on topic FreeUP Mobile
does any try their port in service? can I try it first and port in later?

More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #31420 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic FreeUP Mobile

dav wrote: does any try their port in service? can I try it first and port in later?

I believe port in is when you activate the sim. Maybe CS can help with a port in at a later date I don't know.

Sims are only $1.99 so worse case you try it out and then if you want to port buy a new sim and start over with a port in.

However I strongly recommend not porting in important numbers to these unique mvnos. Things can very easily go sour. Personally I've never lost a number from a failing MVNO but I know others have. The best thing to do if you have an important number is to port to google voice and use it in conjunction with this service.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #31421 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP Mobile

Frasier1 wrote: Anyone interested in signing up for FreeUP Mobile feel free to use my referral link below

Thank You

I just signed up with your link.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #31423 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile

Chelle wrote:

KentE wrote:

PEW wrote: Only if you have dual active phone, right? Also, remember that both Truphone and Freeup uses AT&T so not sure that's at all possible. Remember the old days when people wanted to use TruPhone plus Freedompop together?

I'm not sure I remember, but I think the issue might have been that both SIMs would be fighting for the same 3G radio?
Pairing with FreedomPop SIM should be possible (maybe, i think) with a dual-SIM phone that allows selection of 3G and or LTE for both SIMs-- 3G for voice/sms on FreeUp SIM, and LTE for data on FreedomPop SIM. Still might be difficult or impossible to limit data use to only the LTE SIM.......and I don't know what would happen with mms via the FreeUp #.

I was just getting ready to type this exact same thing.

The current crop of dual-standby phones will allow one SIM to use 3G and the other to use the LTE. The problem, before, was two-fold. For one-- the FreedomPop VOIP app would try to lord over the SIMs in both slots-- even if you wanted it to mind its own business and just control one SIM. A FreedomPop data-only SIM would solve that.

Also, when 2G was eliminated that only left two radios (3G and LTE) for the other two SIMs to share. If you ventured into an area that had no LTE signal you ended up with two SIMs fighting over one radio.

It's my understanding that dual SIM phones can handle this, now. I read how it's done but I've since forgotten. So a Truphone/FreeUP dual SIM setup should work.

I've used Tmobile and Truphone(AT&T) sims in my about two year old Xiaomi Redmi 4A dual sim phone without much trouble. I can choose which one is default for data and calling, and can choose which sim I want to use when making outgoing calls, and I can receive calls from both numbers. It's easy with a few taps to turn one sim completely off and switch between sims for data. I'm not sure how a FP voip sim would function on this phone, though.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #31424 by lexusl21
Replied by lexusl21 on topic FreeUP Mobile

Chelle wrote:

Thank You

I just signed up with your link.

Do they give you a phone number or do you choose one from a list?

• dav
  • Cans+String
  • Cans+String
More
2 weeks 4 days ago #31425 by dav
Replied by dav on topic FreeUP Mobile
dav wrote: does any try their port in service? can I try it first and port in later?

I believe port in is when you activate the sim. Maybe CS can help with a port in at a later date I don't know.

Sims are only $1.99 so worse case you try it out and then if you want to port buy a new sim and start over with a port in.

However I strongly recommend not porting in important numbers to these unique mvnos. Things can very easily go sour. Personally I've never lost a number from a failing MVNO but I know others have. The best thing to do if you have an important number is to port to google voice and use it in conjunction with this service.

Thanks. Try sign up with bank of america virtual card number but failed. any one successful with other virutal credit card?

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #31427 by Frasier1
Replied by Frasier1 on topic FreeUP Mobile
You choose from a list when you activate the sim (or choose to port at this point) my area code had some easy to remember numbers too. For example I picked a prefix of 666 who can forget that! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, lexusl21