FreeUP Mobile

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #32988 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile

rsvp wrote: Does anyone see an option to port a number long after the SIM has been activated?

I'm trying to move my parent's number to freeup mobile... how likely will I run into issues porting out the number if freeup goes belly up (based on everyone's experience in using free mobile services in the past)

It looks as if you can, but CS probably needs to be contacted to help. Losing one's number if a MNVO goes under is the worst case scenario and you would probably be notified in plenty of time to safely port out. Here's some porting info from the FreeUp FAQs.

"Transfer an existing number (Porting)
Yes, you can port your existing number to FreeUP Mobile, as long as your number is still in active status with your current service provider. Any balance or unused minutes from your old service provider account cannot be transferred to your FreeUP account. Be sure to check with your current service provider to make sure there are not any early cancellation fees. More Information on Porting your number: Most, but not all numbers can be moved from provider to provider. You will be asked to provide FreeUP Mobile with information about your account with your current service provider. FreeUP Mobile will submit a request asking your current service provider to release/port your number to FreeUP. The current service provider will then review the information you have provided, and if that information matches, they will release the number to FreeUP Mobile. Most ports will complete within 20 minutes to 1 business day, but sometimes it may take up to 3 business days to complete the porting process.

Key Porting Facts: The Number you are porting MUST be in an 'Active' status with your current carrier, or the port will not process.

Please DO NOT activate your Phone or SIM with a new FreeUP number while the port is in process. Doing so would result in port failure. For customers with SIM cards this would also likely require the purchase of a new SIM card to complete the port process.

Any Balance remaining on your account with your previous service provider will NOT carry over to your new FreeUP account, even though it will be the same phone number.

If you have a contract with your old service provider, you may be responsible for an Early Cancellation Fee, or other fees, mandated by the contract. Please check with your old service provider before porting your number, if you are unsure of these terms.

Please carefully review all of the information you entered when filling out the porting form, before submitting the Port Request. If any information does not match what your old service provider has on record, they will deny the port.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rsvp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #32989 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic FreeUP Mobile

LouP wrote:

mmfacemm wrote: With the $0.96 I transferred from account 2 to account 1 I ended up with $10.16 in the first account. I just got a $10 bonus so it looks like that applies to the free plan too!

@mmfacemm ..... How did you transfer your rewards? Were you able to do it yourself via the website or did you need to contact support? Also, are both your phones on the same account or do you have 2 different accounts?

You just go to the app on your phone and log in > then click "more" at the bottom right > then 4th menu item down is "reward sharing" > Enter in the cell number of the account you want to send rewards to and the amount > click send and then a minute or less later the rewards are in the other account.

I had two separate accounts. No need to contact support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, LouP

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #33014 by furgus8
Replied by furgus8 on topic FreeUP Mobile
I got 2 emails from freeup (5 & 3 days ago) about logging in and "click on Renew My Free Plan" to continue my free plan yet ever time I login I don't see where to do that? I am 9 days from renewal. Has anybody renewed their free plan or know where the link is? Thanks

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #33015 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile

furgus8 wrote: I got 2 emails from freeup (5 & 3 days ago) about logging in and "click on Renew My Free Plan" to continue my free plan yet ever time I login I don't see where to do that? I am 9 days from renewal. Has anybody renewed their free plan or know where the link is? Thanks

You need to go to the browser dashboard for FreeUp Mobile, not the Billaway site (for printing coupons, etc.), or the phone app.
1) Go to www.freeupmobile.com , and log in-- you'll see your dashboard, with the necessary choice prominently displayed.
OR
2) Go to freeup.billaway.com (This is the browser version of where to go to print coupons, etc.), and look at the bottom menu for "My Account". Click on that, which will take you to the FreeUp dashboard from item 1)

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #33016 by Diedrich_Duo
Replied by Diedrich_Duo on topic FreeUP Mobile

KentE wrote:

furgus8 wrote: I got 2 emails from freeup (5 & 3 days ago) about logging in and "click on Renew My Free Plan" to continue my free plan yet ever time I login I don't see where to do that? I am 9 days from renewal. Has anybody renewed their free plan or know where the link is? Thanks

You need to go to the browser dashboard for FreeUp Mobile, not the Billaway site (for printing coupons, etc.), or the phone app.
1) Go to www.freeupmobile.com , and log in-- you'll see your dashboard, with the necessary choice prominently displayed.
OR
2) Go to freeup.billaway.com (This is the browser version of where to go to print coupons, etc.), and look at the bottom menu for "My Account". Click on that, which will take you to the FreeUp dashboard from item 1)

To add to @KentE's excellent post, you probably won't have the option to renew your plan until 7 days before it expires, so you may not be able to find the exact link / option until a couple of days from now. (At least that was my experience when I tried to renew earlier than 7 days in advance.) Good luck and happy renewing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #33017 by furgus8
Hmm I am logging into the www.freeupmobile.com/account/summary and nothing gets displayed. Nothing gets displayed in the phone app either under accounts. Maybe I have to wait till it's closer to renewal date? Maybe I will have to email support...

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #33018 by KentE
I went to the Billaway browser site to make sure I had the location for the "My Account" link correct, and noticed something new. My rewards log has been updated to show the day the credits were earned, rather than displaying a bunch with the same date if they were processed together in delay. I can easily see now what days missed a credit for coupon printing. (On 2 days, I printed 2 coupons but was only credited for one. I'm fine with an occasional error, since being able to print 2 a day makes it easier than I expected when I started.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: PEW

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #33019 by KentE

furgus8 wrote: Hmm I am logging into the www.freeupmobile.com/account/summary and nothing gets displayed. Nothing gets displayed in the phone app either under accounts. Maybe I have to wait till it's closer to renewal date? Maybe I will have to email support...

When you say 'Nothing', do you mean you don't see the renewal option, or do you mean 'nothing'?
As Diedrich_Duo mentions, I think the renewal option on my account didn't appear until the last week before renewal.
If you really mean 'nothing' (no 'Next Payment' info, no tally of remaining allotments, no rewards balance), you might check 2 things.
1) To the right of WELCOME, XXXX!, select the phone number you want to deal with. Do this even if the correct # is already displayed. (Early on, my single-line account needed to do this sometimes to see the diplay correctly. It now seems to work correctly without issue.)
OR
2) Confirm that you are logged in with the correct email address. I had explored the site some time before actually signing up (with a different email account), and the dashboard page wanted to remember the exploratory email that never had a full account set up. If it's that, log out and log back in with the correct email address. I had to do this a couple of days before it forgot about my 'exploratory' email/account.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #33020 by furgus8
Ah thanks for the help. I do see the normal account information, id #, etc. It sounds like i'm not within my last week of renewal (9 days out). I'll just sit tight and wait a few more days. I'd just figure that if they send the renewal emails out that it would be available.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #33021 by KentE

furgus8 wrote: Ah thanks for the help. I do see the normal account information, id #, etc. It sounds like i'm not within my last week of renewal (9 days out). I'll just sit tight and wait a few more days. I'd just figure that if they send the renewal emails out that it would be available.

I'm glad that FreeUp has been proactive in sending out emails about this requirement-- sorry that it's caused concerns for you!

For those of us who signed up a little earlier, it was not apparent that this would be a requirement to stay on the free plan-- so it's nice that FreeUp has made good-faith attempts to let everyone know about it. I don't know if a new registration would make this known when signing up.