FreeUP Mobile

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
6 months 10 hours ago #32782 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP Mobile
Like other freebie providers, the initial months are always full of problems, hope they get it fixed soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #32873 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile

PEW wrote: Like other freebie providers, the initial months are always full of problems, hope they get it fixed soon.

This may well be true, but since FreeUp has been around for about 8 months now and is run by "seasoned" telecom people, I'm perplexed by the bugs that still persist. Some people can only get credit for printing one coupon a day, while others get credit for two, and some are getting credited some days and not others. And video credits are non existent or sporadic at best. On the free plan, I used 144+ mbps in one day even though I entered the day with only 14+ mbps remaining from my allotted 100 mbps. Also, on Dec. 27th, $9.12 was redeemed towards the cost of my new $10 unlimited plan, but I did not receive my coupon credits from Dec. 24th thru the 27th. Where did they go? Yes, hopefully the bugs will be fixed soon, and uncertainty will be gone.
Attachments:

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #32874 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile
If the bugs were gone, and there was more predictability, I'd move right now to the $10 plan. As it is, I'm staying on the free plan for another month. By that time (barring more bugs), I'll have enough rewards saved to cover 3 months.

Isamorph, thanks for the report that your reward balance was used to pay for the first month on the $10 plan. Earlier info from CS indicated that it wouldn't work for the first month's charge. That is a big plus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, mmfacemm

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #32875 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP Mobile
If the bugs were worked out and there were no issues we would all get bored and start looking for some new thing.

Admit it! :)

We love the thrill of the hunt. The excitement of being pioneers on new, highly flawed MVNOs-- helping to identify and shake out the bugs.

We're all a bunch of weirdos, but we wouldn't have it any other way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, PEW, Isamorph, lexusl21, LouP, Diedrich_Duo, Frasier1, Chosen, tech-stitch, RingieDingie and 1 other people also said thanks.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #32896 by Frasier1
Replied by Frasier1 on topic FreeUP Mobile
Chelle said "We're all a bunch of weirdos, but we wouldn't have it any other way."
Truer words were never spoken.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Diedrich_Duo

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #32922 by tech-stitch
Replied by tech-stitch on topic FreeUP Mobile

Frasier1 wrote: Truer words were never spoken.....

Indeed! :lol:

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #32930 by LouP
Replied by LouP on topic FreeUP Mobile

mmfacemm wrote: With the $0.96 I transferred from account 2 to account 1 I ended up with $10.16 in the first account. I just got a $10 bonus so it looks like that applies to the free plan too!

@mmfacemm ..... How did you transfer your rewards? Were you able to do it yourself via the website or did you need to contact support? Also, are both your phones on the same account or do you have 2 different accounts?

• rsvp
  • Smoke Signals
  • Smoke Signals
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #32985 by rsvp
Replied by rsvp on topic FreeUP Mobile
Does anyone see an option to port a number long after the SIM has been activated?

I'm trying to move my parent's number to freeup mobile... how likely will I run into issues porting out the number if freeup goes belly up (based on everyone's experience in using free mobile services in the past)

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #32986 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP Mobile
Always use Google voice and just route calls to these mvno. Don't want your number to become hostage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rsvp

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #32987 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile

LouP wrote:

mmfacemm wrote: With the $0.96 I transferred from account 2 to account 1 I ended up with $10.16 in the first account. I just got a $10 bonus so it looks like that applies to the free plan too!

@mmfacemm ..... How did you transfer your rewards? Were you able to do it yourself via the website or did you need to contact support? Also, are both your phones on the same account or do you have 2 different accounts?

You can transfer rewards to another FreeUp phone # in the mobile app. Click on More>Rewards Sharing in the lower right hand corner. I don't believe it makes a difference whether the receiving # is in the same account, or a different account. (I asked CS about this, planning on starting a second line for a family member.)
I looked, but did not spot a place to do it via the website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LouP