FreeUP Mobile

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
8 months 1 week ago - 8 months 1 week ago #32181 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP Mobile
Got my SIM and activated. Thanks frasier1 for getting us hyped up to get one and try. Very nice, was able to verify on WhatsApp.

Interesting note, my old AT&T Note 3 was able to check for updated firmware with the FreeUP SIM... it said Software Update Interrupted then no update is available...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
8 months 1 week ago #32187 by PEW
Tried the survey, keeps asking more questions then claiming I am not a good fit. Looks like it's just trying to get more personal info while not giving you a survey. Guess I'll try the coupon option.

More
8 months 1 week ago #32189 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic FreeUP Mobile
Yes coupons are the best thing to do Pew. You can get 48 cents a day (2 coupons) with 1 minute of your time = $14 a month for half an hour.

Videos don't credit for me. Game/app downloads don't give you the credit they state (you get about 2/3). Surveys are as bad as everywhere else - you answer tons of questions and then get disqualified 90% of the time.

More
8 months 1 week ago - 8 months 1 week ago #32190 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic FreeUP Mobile
On a side note customer service has gone a little downhill. It has been several days with no response to my questions. I'll put it down to rapid growth and hopefully they will turn that around soon.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
8 months 1 week ago #32191 by PEW

mmfacemm wrote: Yes coupons are the best thing to do Pew. You can get 48 cents a day (2 coupons) with 1 minute of your time = $14 a month for half an hour.

Videos don't credit for me. Game/app downloads don't give you the credit they state (you get about 2/3). Surveys are as bad as everywhere else - you answer tons of questions and then get disqualified 90% of the time.

Is 2 coupons the daily max?

More
8 months 1 week ago #32192 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile

PEW wrote:

mmfacemm wrote: Yes coupons are the best thing to do Pew. You can get 48 cents a day (2 coupons) with 1 minute of your time = $14 a month for half an hour.

Is 2 coupons the daily max?

Yes. The FAQ states 1 coupon. A number of us have gotten texts from FreeUp saying you can print 2 a day for credit, and are seeing the $0.48/day. It's worth noting that as long as the official website information doesn't get updated, the ability to do 2 coupons a day could go away at their discretion.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
8 months 1 week ago #32200 by PEW
Why would anyone upgrade from the free plan 500 min/txt+100mb data to the $10 plan 1000 min/txt+200mb data... does not seem to be worth it.

More
8 months 1 week ago #32207 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile

PEW wrote: Why would anyone upgrade from the free plan 500 min/txt+100mb data to the $10 plan 1000 min/txt+200mb data... does not seem to be worth it.

True, it's not much of an upgrade, although one could use coupon rewards to make it $zero a month. I find upgrading to the $20 a month unlimited t&t +1GB data plan to be enticing since one can easily reduce it to $6 by printing out $14 of reward coupons.

More
8 months 1 week ago #32212 by Frasier1
Replied by Frasier1 on topic FreeUP Mobile
Easy option for quick bucks. Get a sim and activate it in your phone. Get a second sim and sign up for free plan using reference code from first sim. Then print 2 coupons a day on first phone (14 bucks) then print 2 coupons a day on second phone. Then 'transfer the 14 bucks' from second phone to first phone. The result is 14 on cell one, additional 14 transferred from cell 2, plus 1 buck on cell one for cell 2 signing up for service with cell one referral code. End result is: cell one will have 14+14+1= 29 BUCKS! Cell number two just remains on free plan. Repeat this every month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: peterquinn

More
8 months 1 week ago #32215 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile

Frasier1 wrote: Easy option for quick bucks. Get a sim and activate it in your phone. Get a second sim and sign up for free plan using reference code from first sim. Then print 2 coupons a day on first phone (14 bucks) then print 2 coupons a day on second phone. Then 'transfer the 14 bucks' from second phone to first phone. The result is 14 on cell one, additional 14 transferred from cell 2, plus 1 buck on cell one for cell 2 signing up for service with cell one referral code. End result is: cell one will have 14+14+1= 29 BUCKS! Cell number two just remains on free plan. Repeat this every month.

Thank you for the great, devilish option. I hope FreeUp is ok with it, and they don't frequent this forum. But if there is no prohibition against this in their tos, then why not.:)