FreeUP Mobile

More
9 months 1 week ago #32047 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile
Not being able to use rewards for add ons looks to be the primum mobile to get people to upgrade to paid plans, for there is not much reason to earn rewards if one doesn't plan to upgrade to paid. This policy could have been stated clearly in the free plan details, and it's a good thing KentE got the scoop on it for us. It's interesting that a text stating that one could get credit for 2 coupons printed per day rather than one was received not long after signing up for the free plan, with FreeUp knowing the coupon rewards could not be used for add ons on the free plan. That said, getting 500 minutes or texts + 100mbps data on the AT&T network with the ability to pay for add ons is still a great deal, even without rewards, and I still think the $20 unlimited T&T + 1GB data plan reduced by $14 a month by spending perhaps 1 hour a month printing coupons is quite attractive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #32049 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic FreeUP Mobile
That would be very disappointing if you cannot use for add ons. I am not sure if that is intended though per the FAQs and it might just be part of their teething problems. They only recently gave us access to the add ons and even then the $10 500mb one is missing.

From the FAQs:
If your Rewards Credit Balance exceeds the cost of your plan, the extra credits will remain in your account balance and can be applied to the next month's service or use to purchase add-ons like additional 4G LTE data or International Calling.

More
9 months 1 week ago #32050 by Isamorph
I would agree about the teething problems. It seems the FAQs and other statements on the site were written when FreeUp offered just two paid plans, and have not been sufficiently updated and changed to add and clarify the policies for the recently added free plan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm

More
9 months 1 week ago #32051 by mmfacemm

Isamorph wrote: I would agree about the teething problems. It seems the FAQs and other statements on the site were written when FreeUp offered just two paid plans, and have not been sufficiently updated and changed to add and clarify the policies for the recently added free plan.

Yes I guess the faqs could be old.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
9 months 1 week ago #32052 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP Mobile
It seems they are testing out different ideas, definitely should email the petition for use of rewards to buy add-ons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21

More
9 months 1 week ago #32053 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile
I agree that this may be a temporary situation-- the agent did say "at this time...."

It seems a good idea to me to allow add-on purchase with rewards, since those beginning will be motivated to participate with earning in order to pay-as-you-go, and the cost-per-unit is kind of higher via add-ons than via upgrading plans. (Hard to make that claim entirely, because data is an outlier when comparing add-on vs upgrade.)
On the other hand, if the goal is to use the free plan to get people in the door, while encouraging upgrades to the $10 plan, or if cash in hand is important in the short term, then the current arrangement makes sense.

More
9 months 1 week ago #32057 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic FreeUP Mobile
Confusion is the game plan...

More
9 months 1 week ago #32087 by Isamorph
So far, every time I have printed a coupon, it has been followed by the message " you have successfully printed a coupon", or the like, but this morning I printed a coupon three times and got no such follow up message. So there may be a glitch in the process, or perhaps it is just me with the problem.

More
9 months 1 week ago #32089 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP Mobile
I got the message just a few minutes ago.

More
9 months 1 week ago #32090 by mmfacemm

Isamorph wrote: So far, every time I have printed a coupon, it has been followed by the message " you have successfully printed a coupon", or the like, but this morning I printed a coupon three times and got no such follow up message. So there may be a glitch in the process, or perhaps it is just me with the problem.

Just keep trying. Sometimes I try to print coupons and it goes straight to the you have successfully printed screen before I ever print them. Usually it works properly if I try again.