FreeUP Mobile

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #31379 by echance20
Replied by echance20 on topic FreeUP Mobile
I ordered a sim for the free plan. When I checked out on line I thought I was paying 2.17 including sales tax. I seen where I was charged 13.04 on my CC I sent a message to freeup CS via zen desk online I received a response that they apologized that there was a glitch in the system and they ended up canceling the charge against my CC I still will get the sim in the mail for free.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #31380 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic FreeUP Mobile

Isamorph wrote:

ajzwilli wrote: Freeup mobile has a free plan now:

bestmvno.com/freeupmobile/freeup-mobile-launches-free-wireless-plan-no-voip-app-required/?utm_source=wysija&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=primary+newsletter

I'm signing up and I'll report back on how it goes.

I signed up, too. Can't argue with free 500 minutes or texts and 100mbp a month on the AT&T network. And only $1.99 +tax for sim. Looks to be too good to be true. I suppose it is offered to get people in the door and hope they will upgrade to a paid plan.

If you go CN gold, looks like you can get the SIM on Amazon for $2.99/free shipping. $1 more but you can use CN gold.

www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=freeup+mobile

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #31381 by PEW
Getting 500 min per mo of calling on AT&T network sounds great for GSM flip phones.
Or, with dual SIM phones... put this on one SIM slot for 500 min voice and then use the 2nd slot for Freedompop 200mb free data.

Contrary to what the article states, the freeup web site shows that the free plan...
- does not get the $5 per GB, it's $10 per 500MB
- Nationwide Wifi not included
- No unlimited 2G

www.freeupmobile.com/shop/plans-and-features

FREE PLAN:
PLAN DETAILS
500 Talk or Text
100MB 4G LTE Data
Caller ID, Call Waiting, 3-Way Calling, & Voicemail

Add-On Options During Billing Cycle:
Additional 250 Talk or Text for $5 (no rollover*)
Additional 200MB 4G LTE Data for $5 (no rollover*)
Additional 500MB 4G LTE Data for $10 (no rollover*)
Add $5 PayGo (see rates) ILD Balance (with rollover**)

PAID PLAN:
PLAN DETAILS
Unlimited Global Talk see list and Messaging see list
4G LTE Data with no speed restrictions
Unlimited Access to 4 Million Hotspots see details
Caller ID, Call Waiting, 3-Way Calling & Voice Mail

ADD ON OPTIONS
Additional 1GB of 4G LTE Data for $5 (no rollover)*
Additional $5 PayGo see rates ILD Balance (with rollover)**
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph

More
2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #31386 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile
From the website it does look like one does get access to 4 million hotspots. Also, the $5 paygo rate to call in USA is $0.02 a minute. One can use the FreeUp rewards app credits to purchase the addons listed below, but if one chooses to gain rewards, one should probably upgrade to a paid plan, where, as Frasier pointed out, one can earn $7 in rewards a month spending a few minutes a day printing out a coupon. From what I gather, taxes and fees are only charged to California residents. I paid $2.16 for the sim(shipping taxes??), so maybe the $ 1.99 was the cost of the sim, not the cost of shipping. As for the $10 error charge on CC, there is nothing, not even pending, charges on my CC yet(EDIT: CC was charged $2.16), though my receipt for FreeUp says $2.16. For a time, I was having a problem checking out last night, a problem I suspect was caused by a huge demand on the website, for many people desire free.

"FREE
500 Minutes OR 500 Text + 100MB 4G LTE Data
PLAN DETAILS
500 Talk or Text 100MB 4G LTE Data Caller ID, Call Waiting, 3-Way Calling, & Voicemail
Add-On Options During Billing Cycle:
Additional 250 Talk or Text for $5 (no rollover*)Additional 200MB 4G LTE Data for $5 (no rollover*)Additional 500MB 4G LTE Data for $10 (no rollover*)Add $5 PayGo (see rates) ILD Balance (with rollover**)
Blazing Fast 4G LTE Network
No Speed Restrictions
Access to 4 Million Hotspots"
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Frasier1

More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #31388 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP Mobile
A dual SIM phone with Truphone as the second SIM for unlimited incoming calls would significantly boost the effective minutes of the FreeUp free plan.

Of course you would use them with a Google Voice number to make things seamless.

That would leave you very data-limited but would be great for frequent talkers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Frasier1

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 weeks 4 days ago #31391 by PEW
Only if you have dual active phone, right? Also, remember that both Truphone and Freeup uses AT&T so not sure that's at all possible. Remember the old days when people wanted to use TruPhone plus Freedompop together?

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #31392 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeUP Mobile

Chelle wrote: A dual SIM phone with Truphone as the second SIM for unlimited incoming calls would significantly boost the effective minutes of the FreeUp free plan.

Of course you would use them with a Google Voice number to make things seamless.

That would leave you very data-limited but would be great for frequent talkers.

How did you know my plan? I have an unlimited T&T plan, and don't really need this free plan, but it will work nicely on my smaller dual sim phone that is easier to carry around for certain tasks. Free incoming with GV# and Truphone, and 500 free outgoing with FreeUp + 2 cents a minute beyond that. Not bad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Frasier1

More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #31394 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic FreeUP Mobile
I think this freeup is a lot more interesting with this free plan. I hope they can sustain it. Gives us a chance to try it out without the pressure of earning a certain amount.

Just be aware that you have to log in and perform "one action" a month to keep the line active. Rewards seem to rollover which is good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PEW, Isamorph, lexusl21, Frasier1

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #31395 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeUP Mobile

PEW wrote: Only if you have dual active phone, right? Also, remember that both Truphone and Freeup uses AT&T so not sure that's at all possible. Remember the old days when people wanted to use TruPhone plus Freedompop together?

I'm not sure I remember, but I think the issue might have been that both SIMs would be fighting for the same 3G radio?
Pairing with FreedomPop SIM should be possible (maybe, i think) with a dual-SIM phone that allows selection of 3G and or LTE for both SIMs-- 3G for voice/sms on FreeUp SIM, and LTE for data on FreedomPop SIM. Still might be difficult or impossible to limit data use to only the LTE SIM.......and I don't know what would happen with mms via the FreeUp #.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #31399 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic FreeUP Mobile

KentE wrote:

PEW wrote: Only if you have dual active phone, right? Also, remember that both Truphone and Freeup uses AT&T so not sure that's at all possible. Remember the old days when people wanted to use TruPhone plus Freedompop together?

I'm not sure I remember, but I think the issue might have been that both SIMs would be fighting for the same 3G radio?
Pairing with FreedomPop SIM should be possible (maybe, i think) with a dual-SIM phone that allows selection of 3G and or LTE for both SIMs-- 3G for voice/sms on FreeUp SIM, and LTE for data on FreedomPop SIM. Still might be difficult or impossible to limit data use to only the LTE SIM.......and I don't know what would happen with mms via the FreeUp #.

I was just getting ready to type this exact same thing.

The current crop of dual-standby phones will allow one SIM to use 3G and the other to use the LTE. The problem, before, was two-fold. For one-- the FreedomPop VOIP app would try to lord over the SIMs in both slots-- even if you wanted it to mind its own business and just control one SIM. A FreedomPop data-only SIM would solve that.

Also, when 2G was eliminated that only left two radios (3G and LTE) for the other two SIMs to share. If you ventured into an area that had no LTE signal you ended up with two SIMs fighting over one radio.

It's my understanding that dual SIM phones can handle this, now. I read how it's done but I've since forgotten. So a Truphone/FreeUP dual SIM setup should work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph, Frasier1