What is this Freedompop item Walmart is Selling?

• redrotors
  • Smart Phone
  • Smart Phone
More
3 weeks 1 day ago - 3 weeks 23 hours ago #101 by redrotors
Replied by redrotors on topic What is this Freedompop item Walmart is Selling?
Anyone intimate w/T-mo network tower coverage?

I'm curious if there are areas with 600MHz (band 71) coverage that DO NOT have 700MHz (band 12) coverage?

Any cheap, decent, reasonably current or new phones w/both 12 & 71 come to mind?

ETA: I am aware that Moto G Power, Fast, Pure & E 2020 have 12+71.
Curious re other brands and/or slightly older models & cheap/cheapest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• energyx
  • Smoke Signals
  • Smoke Signals
More
3 weeks 1 day ago #102 by energyx
Bought one on Monday and it arrived today from Walmart. Activated with a new number on a new account and once it was all working I was able to "subscribe" to the free plan with a temporary CC. I wasn't charged at all, $0.00, but even if they charge me a few cents a month I'm on board for a native T-Mo test SIM.
https://imgur.com/a/4wKV7Rw
https://imgur.com/a/4wKV7Rw
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, Chosen

• KentE
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
3 weeks 15 hours ago #103 by KentE

Anyone intimate w/T-mo network tower coverage?

I'm curious if there are areas with 600MHz (band 71) coverage that DO NOT have 700MHz (band 12) coverage?

Any cheap, decent, reasonably current or new phones w/both 12 & 71 come to mind?

ETA: I am aware that Moto G Power, Fast, Pure & E 2020 have 12+71.
Curious re other brands and/or slightly older models & cheap/cheapest.

I know the (factory unlocked) Moto E6 has bands 66/71: The Tracfone-branded Moto E5 has both, so versions of the E5 Play might have as well (but I haven't checked.)

A small warning: I'm pretty sure the Visible version of the Moto G Pure does not have band 71.  (It's an unlocked Verizon-variant of the Pure, missing band 71 and a couple of the legacy-Sprint bands.)

Yes, there should be areas with band 71, and no band 12.  My crude understanding is that T-Mobile has band 71 licenses in areas where they did not have band 12 licenses-- mostly rural areas where T-Mobile is planning on building out coverage based on band 71.  In my area, as long as I'm on the interstate or metro areas, band 71 isn't an absolute requirement.

The following user(s) said Thank You: redrotors

• bingyee
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
1 week 1 day ago - 1 week 1 day ago #104 by bingyee
My first month expired yesterday and I ran into problems renewing today. Simply put, I can't get to any option for renewing the specific the GSMT 300/1000/1gb plan. Instead, I wind up getting to screen where I can choose an option to downgrade to the 10/10/25gb GSMA plan. I chatted with customer service and they're looking into the issue. I specifically asked if the problem is due to the fact that I also have a different active GSMA line associated with the same account login. They told me 'no' but I'm not convinced. 

In the meantime, FP manually renewed my line from their end, so I'm set for this month. But they do need to figure out why I can't renew myself.

• energyx
  • Smoke Signals
  • Smoke Signals
More
1 week 22 hours ago #105 by energyx

My first month expired yesterday and I ran into problems renewing today. Simply put, I can't get to any option for renewing the specific the GSMT 300/1000/1gb plan. Instead, I wind up getting to screen where I can choose an option to downgrade to the 10/10/25gb GSMA plan. I chatted with customer service and they're looking into the issue. I specifically asked if the problem is due to the fact that I also have a different active GSMA line associated with the same account login. They told me 'no' but I'm not convinced. 

In the meantime, FP manually renewed my line from their end, so I'm set for this month. But they do need to figure out why I can't renew myself.

I created a separate account to make sure things stay separated. I'll see if the auto-renew I set up initially works on Feb 4.

• redrotors
  • Smart Phone
  • Smart Phone
More
4 days 22 hours ago #106 by redrotors
Replied by redrotors on topic What is this Freedompop item Walmart is Selling?
Do those with this plan active have voicemail?
I read a post on Reddit that VM is not included unless you pay $1/mo.??

• sblake5
  • Pigeon
  • Pigeon
More
4 days 19 hours ago #107 by sblake5
I have voicemail

• ajzwilli
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
4 days 19 hours ago #108 by ajzwilli
vm here too

• scriptninja
  • Pigeon
  • Pigeon
More
4 days 6 hours ago #109 by scriptninja
Replied by scriptninja on topic What is this Freedompop item Walmart is Selling?
I had to go to the line details page and use the "make a payment" link in the left-hand menu to pay them nothing before mine would renew.

• sblake5
  • Pigeon
  • Pigeon
More
4 days 5 hours ago #110 by sblake5
This was the response whien I asked about renewal:

Upon your renewal date, you may follow the steps provided below so that you can select the same plan or select a different plan. 1) Log into your account2) Select View Details / Pay3) You'll see a red banner with the option to renew the free plan