Changes to Freedompop free plans

More
7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 3 weeks ago #81 by idanth

@Chosen

Please note, once our migration to the cellular voice network is complete, any lines that did not transition will be disconnected.

Are you talking about phone service (Freedompop Messaging App) or data service too?

If Freedompop Messaging App stops working, then the service converts to Data only, which is not bad.

Also, could you clarify what phones (in addition to iPhones) support Wi-Fi calling (using Freedompop Premium SIM card) on AT&T network?

I understand that it should be AT&T branded phone but it looks like Wi-Fi calling does not work even on AT&T branded phones (except, possibly, iPhones) with Freedompop Premium SIM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 3 weeks ago #82 by tech-stitch
Okay, so if anyone is to keep this plan (doubtful for me but still curious), are they going to automatically top you up on Texts and Calls (mainly texts since calls are easy to control where as texts just come in from whomever decides to blow your line)?

@FreedomPop
Are you guys going to give an option to shut down texts on the line to prevent issues with that (should this be automatic top ups as well)? Also, are you guys moving any existing top up balances or do we have to request those from you guys (if that is still an option)?

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #83 by KentE
Good point about incoming texts, tech-stitch.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #84 by idanth
AT&T Radiant Core phone received update enabling wi-fi calling with premium Freedompop SIM.

Freedompop Premium SIM card must be in the phone to het this update.

Not very stable (sometimes it fails to regular calls) but if you enable Airplane Mode and, after this, Wi-Fi, you get unlimited wi-fi calling.

Note: RCS is not enabled on this phone (or on AT&T's MVNOs), so, no free texting.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, tech-stitch

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #85 by ajzwilli

Note: RCS is not enabled on this phone (or on AT&T's MVNOs), so, no free texting.

RCS works on AT&T MVNOs (I can confirm it works on RedPocket (AT&T), Tracfone (AT&T) and FreeUp). I wasn't aware you could get free texting with RCS, can you share more details on that?

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #86 by idanth

RCS works on AT&T MVNOs (I can confirm it works on RedPocket (AT&T), Tracfone (AT&T) and FreeUp). I wasn't aware you could get free texting with RCS, can you share more details on that?

support.freedompop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055120873-Complete-Guide-to-Freemium-Service

Unlimited WiFi calling
10 cellular voice minutes
Unlimited iMessages and RCS text messages (WiFi only)
10 cellular text messages
25 MBs of LTE data

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #87 by idanth
Actually, few minutes ago I checked and RCS / Chat features are enabled!
Attachments:

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #88 by KentE

AT&T Radiant Core phone received update enabling wi-fi calling with premium Freedompop SIM.

Freedompop Premium SIM card must be in the phone to het this update.

Thanks for updating us on this, idanth! It's very good to hear that FreedomPop is actually supporting WiFi calling.

I bought a Radiant Core on clearance for $15, so this will encourage me to try one of the new SIMs.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #89 by bingyee
Can anyone report on how the new FP is working on iPhone? Specifically, how well is the wifi calling working? Also, does call forwarding of incoming calls work?

I've mostly been using the existing FP for data only, on old Android phones. If wifi calling works well on iPhones, I'll probably downsize to 1 line housed on a 1st gen iPhone SE that works on AT&T but can't be unlocked (financed by a previous owner).

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #90 by tech-stitch

Actually, few minutes ago I checked and RCS / Chat features are enabled!

I suppose this will resolve the texts concern. Maybe, I may give this a try just cause. :P