Changes to Freedompop free plans

More
7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 3 weeks ago #71 by idanth
As I said in my previous post, I suspect that in case of Freedompop Premium, Wi-Fi calling works only on iPhones. Does somebody have positive experience of configuring Wi-Fi calling (with Freedompop Premium) on AT&T branded Android phones (it will not work for sure on non-AT&T branded phones except iPhones)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #72 by KentE

As I said in my previous post, I suspect that in case of Freedompop Premium, Wi-Fi calling works only on iPhones. Does somebody has positive experience of configuring Wi-Fi calling (with Freedompop Premium) on AT&T branded Android phones (it will not work for sure on non-AT&T branded phones except iPhones)?

Yes, I did see your earlier thought about this, and I'm curious about why you might expect that result. I haven't seen a single report of anyone trying WiFi calling at all, much less on an Android that is certified for WiFi calling if on AT&T Prepaid. (or MVNO that supports WiFi calling on the AT&T network.)

Sooner or later, someone is going to try it, and likely report on it. It would be nice to get a info about what we should expect. Personally, I can't imagine what I'd do with this plan that makes sense if I can't enable WiFi calling without buying an iPhone, or if the promise of WiFi calling is just a chimera.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #73 by KentE
Spotted on Reddit, posted by usdang:
"You can use top-ups:
$2 - 100 mins
$2 - 100 text messages
$2 - 100 MB data
$5 - 250 MB Data
$10 - 1 GB Data
$15 - 2 GB Data
Top-ups expire at the end of billing cycle"

With careful application, it still might be possible to make this work as a usable backup device. Leave it on the free plan, unused, until needed, and top up when needed. $2-$6 for an occasional need is not bad. Neither is $10/GB for on-demand readiness.

If you were to use this as a glovebox phone, you'd need login info to get to your dashboard to buy the top-ups, be able to accomplish it within the 25mb data allotment, and you'd need to be willing to have a payment source on file. (And a lot of folks don't like giving FP CC info, and it wouldn't be safe to play too many games with CC if you want this to work when you really need it.)

If WiFi calling can be achieved, I think I also saw that unlimited WiFi calling only works as long as you have some allotment left from the 10-minute cellular allotment.

It's a narrow path, and only theoretical at this point.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #74 by idanth
You can treat it as PAYG plan. If you need data or minutes, you can add them as you want. $2/100 mins is not too bad.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 3 weeks ago #75 by tonywagner
FreedomPop's old website now appears to be completely shut down and inaccessible. It has been replaced by the new site.

That means, you can't log in to view or change anything about your old sims and plans. Instead, you are directed to "upgrade" to the new plans.

Data is still working on my old sims, although I had a few that were inactive and I suspect there may be no way to "reactivate" them on the old plan anymore without access to the old site.

EDIT: You can still use my.freedompop.com/login to reach the old site/accounts -- thanks to the other poster for pointing that out!

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #76 by mmfacemm

FreedomPop's old website now appears to be completely shut down and inaccessible. It has been replaced by the new site.

That means, you can't log in to view or change anything about your old sims and plans. Instead, you are directed to "upgrade" to the new plans.

Data is still working on my old sims, although I had a few that were inactive and I suspect there may be no way to "reactivate" them on the old plan anymore without access to the old site.

Just navigate to here:
my.freedompop.com/login
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, PEW

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #77 by tonywagner

Just navigate to here:
my.freedompop.com/login

Thanks, I should have known there would be a way. Edited my post to reflect this.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #78 by bingyee

Just navigate to here:
my.freedompop.com/login

Also, you can still view account usage info on the IOS app. Not sure about android.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #79 by FreedomPop
@Chosen

We’ve extended the deadline to accommodate all of our customers. For an optimal experience, transitions should be completed before the end of October, and for the moment, service will continue as is until you work your way into the new FreedomPop experience and everything is migrated successfully.

That being said, we encourage you to take action as soon as possible with the best time to upgrade being no more than 5 days before your current billing cycle is scheduled to end.

Please note, once our migration to the cellular voice network is complete, any lines that did not transition will be disconnected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chosen

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #80 by mmfacemm
@Freedompop You might want to review how you are communicating this. As of now I have not received anything from you via email or otherwise I only saw someone else mention it on reddit and not everyone will find out via social media. Especially when you say lines will be disconnected - informing customers sooner rather than later is key.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Chelle, PEW