Changes to Freedompop free plans

More
1 week 6 days ago #191 by KentE
Glad to hear you found a painless way to do that, Chelle!
I'm sorry to be letting go of mine. They've been really useful, and even at 250mb (with friends), I've gotten good use from them.

When I was cancelling online, I realized 2 lines have really nice phone numbers-- and we have a couple of keeper lines elsewhere that have really forgettable numbers. I should have figured that out sooner, but at this point I'm going to pay FP for a month on Essential so that I have time to complete ports out with those numbers. (Sample: X1X-XZZZ).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #192 by Chelle
I've gotten some good FP numbers, along the way, and ported them out to other, longer term, accounts (like Visible) to hang onto them.

More
1 week 5 days ago #193 by gen13

I've gotten some good FP numbers, along the way, and ported them out to other, longer term, accounts (like Visible) to hang onto them.

Why Visible ? It's not any cheaper than the Freedompop plan.

More
1 week 5 days ago #194 by gen13

I'm sorry to be letting go of mine. They've been really useful, and even at 250mb (with friends), I've gotten good use from them.

When I was cancelling online, I realized 2 lines have really nice phone numbers-- and we have a couple of keeper lines elsewhere that have really forgettable numbers. I should have figured that out sooner, but at this point I'm going to pay FP for a month on Essential so that I have time to complete ports out with those numbers. (Sample: X1X-XZZZ).

Where are you going to port them out to ?  I'm also looking for a free way to park a couple of numbers I really like.

More
1 week 5 days ago #195 by Chelle

Why Visible ? It's not any cheaper than the Freedompop plan.

Visible was offering a free phone if you ported in a number. I chose numbers that I liked that were easy to remember.

More
1 week 5 days ago #196 by KentE

Where are you going to port them out to ?  I'm also looking for a free way to park a couple of numbers I really like.

I don't need to park them anywhere-- I have lines on Tracfone and Tello that have unmemorable numbers.  Since I use Google Voice as my outward facing number for most things, I'm not committed to the numbers on those lines-- but I do sometimes need to use cellular numbers for verification, or when I don't want to share my GV #.  (Yes, I'm more protective of my Google Voice number than my cellular number.....)  I've also thought about an additional GV number, but see the issue below.  ($20 cost plus an intervening stop at a cellular provider....)

But for cheap parking, I frequently see Number Barn mentioned.  I don't know if you can move a VoIP number there directly, or if it has to be transferred to a cellular provider first.  (Transferring to FreedomPop's Premium SIM first would work if that's needed.)  Past that, I think you're looking at a few dollars a month, perhaps at Page Plus PayGO, or Red Pocket's $30 annual plan.

More
1 week 4 days ago #197 by Mr. Cheapskate
I had four free lines. Oldest from 2/2017, so 4+ years. Used the online chat to cancel out, but I was able to talk them into one free Premium SIM. That account had two lines on it, each with a $5 top-up. Now it's only one line with a $10 top-up (not that I expect it be useful). I guess I'll try the new free tier, but it sure looks limited.

All in all, 4+ years and they threw in a free SIM at the end? Can't complain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
1 week 4 days ago #198 by Hungry-Hog
I had nearly 100 dollars top up but can't deal with them anymore.

More
1 week 2 days ago #199 by bingyee
I have one uncancelled legacy line left. The credit card associated with this account is inactive. FP has not tried to bill me yet. I'll see what happens on May 13, when my billing cycle ends.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle