Changes to Freedompop free plans

More
1 week 4 days ago #131 by ZZWang
My line was renewed again with $0.01. International calling is still fine.
Guess FP is postponing the cutoff.
Wish FP or RP offer a decent cheap alternative for ATT similar to the 30 annual plan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PEW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago #132 by bingyee
All three of my lines are confirmed to have rolled over this month, on schedule.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
1 week 1 day ago #133 by VisibleFan

ZZWang wrote: My line was renewed again with $0.01. International calling is still fine.
Guess FP is postponing the cutoff.
Wish FP or RP offer a decent cheap alternative for ATT similar to the 30 annual plan.

Was $0.01 charged to credit card or you have account balance?

More
1 week 22 hours ago #134 by ZZWang
They charge to my credit card. I still don't know on what basis they determine this maintenance charge.

More
1 week 5 hours ago #135 by jamielih
I had 7 legacy FreedomPop numbers. I first requested 3 SIMs for 3 of the numbers. When I received those 3 SIMs, I got help from FreedomPop via twitter messaging to transition them over to Premium. During the transition, I asked about rolling over to the Premium accounts the big top-up credit balances on those 3 numbers (which is why I selected those 3 to transition first.) They said they will do it, but have no idea what the time line is.

I have since requested and received 4 SIMs for the remaining 4 numbers, with much smaller top-up credit balances. Because those 4 are still working with the 200-250 MB monthly allotments, I am going to take a chance and not transition these 4 over to Premium until FreedomPop has completed the rollover process of the credit balances to Premium of the first 3 numbers.

Also, I looked at the new FreedomPop website to manage the 3 Premium numbers, and there is no spot for credit balance. I wonder if that functionality has to be developed before they can rollover the credit balances from the legacy numbers / SIMs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
1 week 5 hours ago #136 by tech-stitch
I never got my credit rolled over. In fact, I recently gave that line away for a Visible port. No more worries about potential spam texts causing a top up charge!