Freedompop down report 5/27/2020

• KentE
  • KentE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #21 by KentE

So I shouldn't wait for a system wide fix?

Everyone has to make an individual request?

So far, an individual request seems most likely to get results.

That's crazy. They know what they did. They need to undo it.

I cannot disagree with your logic.

Perhaps there is no global fix, and restoration depends on working on one line at a time, with customer requests moving to the front of the line.
And, perhaps, they wouldn't mind if a significant chunk of customers doesn't realize their lines are gone until some time has gone by, and it can be deemed too late to fix. The problem with that 'perhaps' is some folks who are paying monthly add-ons have also lost their lines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #22 by Hungry-Hog
I don't have a Twitter account !!!

• KentE
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #23 by KentE

I don't have a Twitter account !!!

It's easy, and free, to start one. It's not so intuitive to use it. You'll want to send a Direct Message to @FreedomPopHelp.

The other option is to create a thread in the FP forum. It does look like they're responding to this issue there, although no one has posted back about any results.
forums.freedompop.com
You'll need to log in there, and I suggest you go to "Profile" and create an Alias name for the forum if your standard FreedomPop user name gives more personal detail than you want to share on their forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hungry-Hog

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #24 by akaLTD
Sorry for taking so long to post update. Twitter support got back to me pretty quick, it's not instant like chat but I consider it fairly quick esp since it's free acct. I sent them msg with issue Thur 4pm & they responded Friday 1230pm they were working on it. And some things were back to normal by then, just didn't have allotment showing up in account but had message across top that said "FP service is inactive due to unforeseen tech issue & to contact support" which I did update twitter message to give update & told them about it msg I got. They got back to me Friday at 430Pm & said it should be all fixed but didn't have time to check everything then but did appear to be fixed. I guess I consider that quick since I don't pay anything for the 3 SIMs I have & have been using for couple yrs. It's no longer my main phone, just keep them for the extra data if I need it so not big deal to me if I can't make/receive calls for day or 2.

Anywhoo, Here's what they told me:
"We are updating our systems and your account associated with the phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx was canceled in error. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this situation may have caused on your end. We have fully restored your account.

Due to the brief cancellation, to ensure that your services perform properly, please Synchronize your mobile device and your FreedomPop Account by following the steps within the article provide below:"

So appears they might be doing purge of some accounts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #25 by akaLTD

akaLTD, the order status is an artifact that shows up sometimes when a line is kludged for some reason-- it doesn't mean any order is actually in progress, etc. I've seen it a couple of times during the move away from the Global SIMs.

My account looks a little different--

I'm going to try the twitter route, too-- I just finished going that route on one of my lines a few days ago. It didn't have a data connection then, although everything showed correctly in the dashboard. Took them a couple of days to respond, another day or 2 to escalate a fix. Now it's dead again....

Good to see you!

Can't believe it took them couple days to respond, I usually get response within 24 hrs either just to say they're working on it or it's fixed. Nice thing about using twitter message is I can see contact history. I can see stuff I contacted them about in 2017.lol

Good to see you too & that regular crew is still here. I should pop in more often to stay in contact. I'm bad about that. I do come here to read up phone stuff I just don't usually post anything.

I spend way too much time on Twitter. lol It's just quicker & easier to get info like news or links to live streams or whatnot from various sources. I have varied interests like animal welfare advocacy, politics, science, weather, what's happening in other countries, heck just a bit of everything that I wouldn't know or see about elsewhere. NASA post some pretty cool pics from Hubble or rovers.

Anyway I've gone off topic for too long. lol

Hope they're able to get it fixed for you since you have different problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Chelle

• KentE
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #26 by KentE
akaLTD, thanks much for the update. This is among the first responses I've seen that actually confirms that the affected line was a free line with no add-ons, so it's nice to see that you are getting assistance.
The (hopefully temporary) ""FP service is inactive due to unforeseen tech issue" error message is frequently associated with a need to update/renew/refresh billing information. At least one post I've seen elsewhere indicates that might fix itself in short order as the FP system updates. If it doesn't, you might need to refresh those.

Since I have a few affected lines, I'm trying both routes (on different accounts). I got started too late to expect any type of reply before the weekend hit, but I've inquired about 2 lines via separate twitter contacts, and I'm going to try posting in the FP forum for the other.

I expect that twitter may be quicker. I think posting in the forum still requires moderator review/approval before the post appears. Even if a forum post requesting assistance is forwarded to the actual support folks before appearing in the forum, the typical reply from FP seems to be to initiate a DM conversation with the user through the forum software to 'gather further information', which can't happen until the post actually appears in their forum, causing some delay.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #27 by akaLTD

akaLTD, thanks much for the update. This is among the first responses I've seen that actually confirms that the affected line was a free line with no add-ons, so it's nice to see that you are getting assistance.
The (hopefully temporary) ""FP service is inactive due to unforeseen tech issue" error message is frequently associated with a need to update/renew/refresh billing information. At least one post I've seen elsewhere indicates that might fix itself in short order as the FP system updates. If it doesn't, you might need to refresh those.

Since I have a few affected lines, I'm trying both routes (on different accounts). I got started too late to expect any type of reply before the weekend hit, but I've inquired about 2 lines via separate twitter contacts, and I'm going to try posting in the FP forum for the other.

I expect that twitter may be quicker. I think posting in the forum still requires moderator review/approval before the post appears. Even if a forum post requesting assistance is forwarded to the actual support folks before appearing in the forum, the typical reply from FP seems to be to initiate a DM conversation with the user through the forum software to 'gather further information', which can't happen until the post actually appears in their forum, causing some delay.

I'll have to check the billing info on all my SIMs. At one point I removed all billing info when people here were talking about getting charges for this & that with no warning. One SIM does or did have my real CC the other 2 went to PayPal & virtual CC. Back in March they did that 1 cent charge /refund on one account via PayPal. Problem account does seem to be using expired virtual CC via PayPal so will have to do something about that. So you could be right about that error message.

Yeah not sure Twitter support works weekends, can't recall but probably not. I just always assume they didn't & factored that in.

You're probably right about the forum. The one time I contacted them that way it's like you said. Had to wait for post to actually post in forum, then had to go DM route. Think another frequent user advised me to DM support & gave names, so I didn't have to wait for them to post in forum to tell me that. But it did still seem to take longer going that route.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #28 by Hungry-Hog
I just submitted a ticket to FreedomPop support. Will they read it?

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #29 by drysun
I used twitter per KentE. Of all the lines I manage for family, 4 went down. As I DM'ed over the weekend, they responded today, 2 lines are working, the other two they escalated (when I log in they show the phone #, but says there is a technical issue).

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #30 by Chelle
I used Twitter, as per Kent, as well.

They repaired 3 of my lines and had to escalate 3 others to a higher level.

One of them has a phone number that I really like and was going to port out, one day, so I hope they're able to fix it.