Freedompop down report 5/27/2020

More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #11 by sovashadow
My account is fine, but mine is not a free one. I use to have a free one, but realized it was (at least for me) too much hassle to keep up.

I also remember when target had a promotion for freedompop annual 1GB sims for like 15 dollars each. If that was there regular deal, they would probably look better in the eyes of its customers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #12 by Hungry-Hog
So do I... And I had thought that it is due to my reactivation of expired credits.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #13 by akaLTD
Hi all, long time no talk but came here when I got an "Activation Required" message on my phone to see what might be going on. When I logged into that FP account (free account) I get an "order status" page as though I ordered something. It has these all checked
Order submitted
Processing
Preparing Shipment
Shipped

Needless to say I didn't order anything & this line was working fine couple days ago. Nothing else shows up & of course the app doesn't work because of the "Activate" message.

Guess I'll reach out to Support on Twitter & see what they say about this. I'll report back when I hear something. They're usually pretty quick to respond but if lots of people are having this problem is could take longer than normal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

• KentE
  • KentE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #14 by KentE
akaLTD, the order status is an artifact that shows up sometimes when a line is kludged for some reason-- it doesn't mean any order is actually in progress, etc. I've seen it a couple of times during the move away from the Global SIMs.

My account looks a little different-- I can't get to the 'order status' page.
After logging in, I have a banner reading "You have not signed up for FreedomPop service yet."
Under menu item Plan, I see "You have not signed up for a FreedomPop plan yet."
Under Settings I see the name I'd given the account & contact phone #, and a page for notification preferences.
That's all I can get to.

I'm going to try the twitter route, too-- I just finished going that route on one of my lines a few days ago. It didn't have a data connection then, although everything showed correctly in the dashboard. Took them a couple of days to respond, another day or 2 to escalate a fix. Now it's dead again....

Good to see you!

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #15 by Hungry-Hog
Any update?

• KentE
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #16 by KentE
At least one of my SIMs is now working again-- and I didn't do anything to fix this one.
Everything looks back to normal on the dashboard, but the renewal date has changed to today. (Was the 06th.)

At least one of my SIMs is still not working.

I'm going to wait til tomorrow to check further.

(EDIT: TO ADD: As of 8AM CST Friday, only one of our SIMs has service restored. The rest are still MIA. I did send a help request via twitter on one line, but that was one of the still MIA lines, not the one restored.)

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #17 by phone_nerd
I did contact FP support via Twitter and they resolved the issue with my missing SIM. Was worried that auto Top-up would end up being turned back on; but it wasn't.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #18 by Chelle
So I shouldn't wait for a system wide fix?

Everyone has to make an individual request?

• KentE
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #19 by KentE

So far, an individual request seems most likely to get results.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #20 by Chelle

So far, an individual request seems most likely to get results.

That's crazy. They know what they did. They need to undo it.