Freedompop is only free phone service now

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #42384 by KentE
If memory serves, Next Payment Due date is 2 days before actual plan rollover. The intent was that 2 days before actual plan rollover, they would 'sweep' your account to see if there were rewards (now account balance) to cover the payment, and to charge your payment-method-on-file if there was no balance. If your credit card failed to charge, this would give a short window for you to receive notification and correct the issue without a loss of service.

I thought I recalled that early on, the rollover date was indicated instead of the Payment Due date, but not positive of that. In any case, it's been this way for quite a while, and it's better than only listing the rollover date.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo, dst11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #42385 by KentE
Just a report that similar to Isamorph's report above, and Diedrich_Duo's customer service chat, our FreeUP lines both renewed successfully on the free plan today via the pop-up notice.

Yay!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo, dst11

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #42393 by dst11

Isamorph wrote: I think it has always said: "NEXT PAYMENT: Dec. 31st" and "NEXT PAYMENT AMOUNT:$0.00".

Thank you. It was only my paranoia then!

Diedrich_Duo wrote: Same here. I've seen that (for as long as I can remember) on my account summary page, and my "custom free plan" below that, including its scheduled renewal date. So it looks like no change, at least for now...

Yes, it says that. "Plan Renewal Date: Dec. 31st". Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo