Any updates on the transition?

More
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #40010 by RoadRanger
Well, just signed up one of my email addresses that has 5 devices on it. Had to do them all at once to the same plan as we knew. I wanted 20/20 on my hotspot so went with that. I then tried to deactivate one of the devices but it gives an error that maybe it is already deactivated but my account still shows it "active". Also FYI it shows all the data I've been using before signing up as gone - guess that was too good to be true LOL. My hotspot has about 17GB gone.

Also seems to be no way to move some of the devices to the other plan that is offered for FP users :( .

Oh, and they have my old Novatel MiFi 4082 but it isn't even in the device list to try to cancel :-O .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #40022 by LiterallyUnlimited
FP gave us a list of email addresses, phone numbers and serials, and that's the information we're operating from. We discovered about 50% through the entire thing that sometimes the number they gave us wasn't the number you know and love.

That's why I posted this: www.reddit.com/r/freedompop/comments/cmd2to/trying_to_migrate_to_ting_but_getting_something/

We're working through all of them. But there are WAY more errors than we expected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #40023 by LiterallyUnlimited

JS wrote: Also someone relayed his experience going from Freedompop CDMA to the $3 plan with Red Pocket and stated that the porting process failed because using the same phone does not work. Device had passed their site's IMEI checker, so the thinking was the device was okay for activation.

This is pretty common on Sprint MVNOs. The only customer-friendly workaround on carriers that haven't come up with a coded solution (like Ting has) is to activate something else, then hardware swap after the fact. It's fool-proof in most instances. I say most because I literally just had one that wasn't and required a bit more digging by one of our CS reps to complete.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #40024 by KentE

LiterallyUnlimited wrote: FP gave us a list of email addresses, phone numbers and serials, and that's the information we're operating from. We discovered about 50% through the entire thing that sometimes the number they gave us wasn't the number you know and love.

That's why I posted this: www.reddit.com/r/freedompop/comments/cmd2to/trying_to_migrate_to_ting_but_getting_something/

We're working through all of them. But there are WAY more errors than we expected.

LiterallyUnlimited, a strange observation....
I have a Freedompop GSM/AT&T LTE SIM. When logging in to the FreedomPop dashboard, it has the familiar, but unexpected in this context, warning that the device no longer works on FreedomPop, but has been moved to Ting.

The email address/account has only ever had that single GSM SIM, although it did start as a Global SIM, since upgraded to LTE.

Is this something that you've seen, or am I just special?

(For kicks, I tried the Ting migration page, which basically says "huh?" when I enter the info. The number portability link you've posted on Reddit says the number can be moved to Ting GSM or Ting CDMA, which seems to imply it's not already there. I never received any emails from FreedomPop or Ting about the transition at this email address-- although I didn't even look until I saw the dashboard warning.)

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #40025 by LiterallyUnlimited
I think that's not intentional. I have only a GSM line (with still no communication on what's happening to it if anything) and have no such error message, so I think it was probably account-specific. They just took accounts that had all or some CDMA lines and marked them to receive the error message regardless of any GSM lines.

That said, if you'd like to move that GSM line to one of our FP CDMA promos (assuming the phone is eligible), I'm beyond happy to help you get that done. I'm not beyond thrilled with RP's FP offerings for CDMA customers. It's fine, but it's clearly an attempt to scrape back customers. Their normal CDMA pricing is not that low.

Competition in this field is exciting and fascinating.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Chelle

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #40026 by mmfacemm
The cdma-s redpocket specials (eg the $3 plan) do not work on cdma verizon. The system let me buy it but the plan won't attach since it is cdma-s only.

Worth a try but it didn't work. Do note when you buy that $3 plan it says 500mb making it more attractive than the listed 200mb. It makes sense since the 500mb is what fp.cdma lines received.

I wonder if there will be a $3 plan for att lines at some point?

Plus I think they should have let the migration to Ting complete before trying to win customers back. So RP lost some points in my eyes with this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #40028 by FreedomPop
Hello,

If you were a former FreedomPop Sprint user, your account was transitioned to Ting by the previous owners of FreedomPop and UNREAL Mobile. In these cases, Ting should have access to all necessary information to complete your transfer with no interruption to service. They can also forward any issues to the previous owners who could help them rectify.

If you are not with Ting, Red Pocket Mobile, the new owners of the FreedomPop brand, have Summer specials for new users including 75% off your first month of service! Activate today at RedPocket.com/start, and be sure to use the referral code SUMMERS75 during checkout.

Note: If your number is stuck in transition with Ting and the previous owners of FreedomPop and UNREAL Mobile, you may require our assistance to complete the activation on RedPocket.com. Please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for assistance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoadRanger

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #40035 by KBOrtega
Thanks for stopping by with an update.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #40037 by KentE
Thanks for stopping in, @FreedomPop !

The forum owner asks that telecom company representatives request a "verified" badge, so that everyone here is comfortable that you're actually 'official'.
It's easy to do: see this post:
www.nthcircle.com/forum/welcome/106-verified-telecom-representatives
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #40040 by KentE
@mmfacemm , thanks for following up on trying a Verizon activation on the Red Pocket/FreedomPop/CDMA offer! It's nice to have it confirmed as a dead end.

I've read on other forums that the Red Pocket offer page at www.redpocket.com/fp isn't accepting FP email address with + suffixes, or '.' (period) added.
So I tried 5 ex-FreedomPop CDMA email addresses. The only one with +suffix failed to recognize. But so did 2 other emails that have absolutely no modifications to the 'real' base email address.
I did have 2 email addresses verify properly, but see no rhyme or reason for why those 2 verified & others failed verification.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm