Any updates on the transition?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #39555 by RoadRanger

KentE wrote: RoadRanger, did you have all 5 devices on one account at Freedompop? (Most users would have set these up on multiple email accounts instead of one common account.)

I was a very early customer, before it was common knowledge that was the way to go. I also have 4 other accounts with single devices on each.

Strangely enough I live in a tiny "no service" zone on the Sprint coverage map - but I'm moving (2 miles north) on Tuesday and could definitely use that 20GB deal on my hotspot. Does anyone know what happens if you go over 20GB?

I also have one of the AT&T hotspots but RedPocket hasn't come out with a decent data deal for those yet - 250MB a month free or $20 for 1GB isn't competitive ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #39556 by mmfacemm
Considering redpocket bought the rights to the freedompop name it appears as if everything is simply status quo for now with the gsm side. I doubt we'll see any switching deals since the plan seems to be to continue the same freedompop service and simply expand it over time.

support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3695/~/what-to-expect-now-that-freedompop-has-partnered-with-red-pocket%3F
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, sovashadow

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #39557 by LiterallyUnlimited

RoadRanger wrote: Does anyone know what happens if you go over 20GB?

Hard cap. Data throughput stop until your next billing cycle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, RoadRanger

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #39571 by sovashadow

mmfacemm wrote: Considering redpocket bought the rights to the freedompop name it appears as if everything is simply status quo for now with the gsm side. I doubt we'll see any switching deals since the plan seems to be to continue the same freedompop service and simply expand it over time.

support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3695/~/what-to-expect-now-that-freedompop-has-partnered-with-red-pocket%3F

It is very generous of them to allow us to continue our amazing rate plans.
ALSO: It is very nice to know that the sim kits I bought at $15 will be honored!

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #39573 by tech-stitch
Agreed.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #39643 by KentE
LiterallyUnlimited writes: "As to your question, no wrench. You'll actually like the answer: www.reddit.com/r/ting/comments/cel2ad/freedompop_migrated_users_no_wifi_calling_or/eu5ui4p/?context=10000

tl;dr if you already have an existing Ting account, your FP CDMA account basically bought you the promo rate for ALL lines on your account while the promo is active. After this time, everything as expected goes back to standard Ting rates. "

That's a really nice offer. Just realized I may still have a wrench in the works-- my existing Ting line with the same email address is a GSM line.....so I understand the existing line isn't eligible for either of the 2 CDMA rates.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #39645 by D’yer_Mak’er
So for Ting Option 1: $6 unlimited talk and text + $4/GB Option 2: $20 unlimited talk and text + 20GB data + first month free. Does that mean one can get 20GB free the first month, then cancel and walk away?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #39647 by KentE

D’yer_Mak’er wrote: So for Ting Option 1: $6 unlimited talk and text + $4/GB Option 2: $20 unlimited talk and text + 20GB data + first month free. Does that mean one can get 20GB free the first month, then cancel and walk away?

Yes. Ting is banking on a significant percentage deciding they like having 20GB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D’yer_Mak’er, LiterallyUnlimited

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #39649 by RoadRanger
BTW I've been seeing offers from Ting for $25 for 30GB on a Franklin R850 bought from them - I'd guess you can transfer your R850 to that if the $20 20GB deal runs out?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #39657 by LiterallyUnlimited

KentE wrote: Just realized I may still have a wrench in the works-- my existing Ting line with the same email address is a GSM line.....so I understand the existing line isn't eligible for either of the 2 CDMA rates.

Au contraire, if your existing Ting account is GSM, CDMA or Hybrid (what we call accounts with both), ALL LINES on the account, regardless of network, adopt the promo rate.

We debated locking GSM out for this niche situation, but it just wasn't worth the extra man-hours to make it a reality. That makes this niche offer the cheapest T-Mobile MVNO plan I've ever seen.

RoadRanger wrote: BTW I've been seeing offers from Ting for $25 for 30GB on a Franklin R850 bought from them - I'd guess you can transfer your R850 to that if the $20 20GB deal runs out?

While both offers are promotional, only the 20/20 FP deal and the 20for20 promo have a set end date. Everything else ($15 t/t, $45 t/t/d, Franklin $25/30GB) has nothing in stone about expiration. Though the $25/30GB is restricted to the serial numbers from our shop. You cannot BYOD on the $25/30GB deal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, PEW, als