Any updates on the transition?

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 month 3 days ago #39490 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Any updates on the transition?
Were you subscribed to a plan already under this new account?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 days ago #39491 by ZZWang

PEW wrote: Were you subscribed to a plan already under this new account?

No. But it seems I now have an account with ting.

More
1 month 2 days ago - 1 month 2 days ago #39493 by tech-stitch
That's (screenshot) what I see. When I go to the site and enter my details, the following is the response:

We found your number. It will soon be ready to migrate to Ting, but we're still crunching some of the data needed to move you over. Please try again in a few hours.

At this point, I am just waiting for the details to cancel that account and free up the device to be sold.
Attachments:

More
1 month 2 days ago - 1 month 2 days ago #39494 by realLexusl21
Well what I learned was this

Glad I went with my gut and I never went with FreedomPop.

FreedomPop was no different than ringplus.

Most startups fail

"I only post/read on nthcircle forum"

More
1 month 2 days ago #39495 by st3fx

realLexusl21 wrote: Well what I learned was this

Glad I went with my gut and I never went with FreedomPop.

FreedomPop was no different than ringplus.

Most startups fail

"I only post/read on nthcircle forum"

I disagree with your assessment of FP as a failed startup and comparison to R+.

Red Pocket acquired Freedompop (brand) and its non-Sprint customers from STS Media for a significant amount of money.

"Unnamed sources told Reuters earlier this month that the deal for FreedomPop was valued in the 'high eight figures.'" www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/red-pocket-mobile-buys-mvno-freedompop
The following user(s) said Thank You: joseph, realLexusl21

More
1 month 2 days ago #39497 by tech-stitch
I do have to say that I do not regret having used FreedomPop. Sure, they sold out and then transitioned customers accordingly, but I sure got more than I paid for. In fact, with the exception of one account which was topped up with $10.00 and a $0.01 cent charge on a dormant account, I paid nothing except the devices I purchased and the $0.99 cent SIM cards (some of which came with a cheap powerbank).

Should the same happen with FreeUp, I will be thankful for the "free service" provided (since I actually print coupons thus technically paying with my time).
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21

More
1 month 2 days ago #39499 by mmfacemm

st3fx wrote:
I disagree with your assessment of FP as a failed startup and comparison to R+.

Red Pocket acquired Freedompop (brand) and its non-Sprint customers from STS Media for a significant amount of money.

"Unnamed sources told Reuters earlier this month that the deal for FreedomPop was valued in the 'high eight figures.'" www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/red-pocket-mobile-buys-mvno-freedompop

Whilst that sounds great you have to put it into context of how much funding freedompop have had over the years. That seems to be around the $110 million mark which is more than high eight figures. I wouldn't deem that a great success but the fact they were able to sell the business is respectable. Certainly not a failure like ringplus.

Freedompop was great in the early days but as mvnos became a lot cheaper and FP's reputation for dirty tricks grew I lost interest in them quickly. At the end I just used them for free number porting. I'll miss that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21, st3fx

More
1 month 2 days ago #39501 by ZZWang

PEW wrote: Were you subscribed to a plan already under this new account?

It could be a place holder created by Ting as my number is under Ting now.
Freedompop site already shows my account is not active anymore.
Under Ting's account, I didn't see any information there except my name, email, phone number.
The port out information is on ting.com/freedompop once you enter your information.
I will try to port out the number see how it works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamielih

More
1 month 2 days ago - 1 month 2 days ago #39503 by LiterallyUnlimited
Just to clarify, we're doing the rollout in stages. Once you receive the email from us, you can use ting.com/freedompop to action your lines. Pick one of our plans, port out or cancel. Your choice.

Until you receive the email, you'll get the "crunching numbers" message, including for accounts with multiple lines.

You start Ting with a clean slate. No FP credits, no FP suspensions, no FP rollover, no FP prepaid months. We've heard from FP that they have a plan in place for people who prepaid, but that affected customers should contact FP tech support :S to start that process.

You no longer need to use an app to make calls or send texts. Your phone's native apps should work once migrated. You may need to profile update, but you nthers are old hat at that so I won't bore you with the details on how to do that.

If you received the email but are having trouble migrating, we have a specialized team to help you at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Once you're onboard, you're just a regular Ting customer and get to enjoy the benefits. We're under some heavy Customer Service load from the FP acquisition, but we should be back to normal levels in very little time.

Source: I work for Ting. AMA about this FP thing, now that we can talk freely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PEW

More
1 month 2 days ago #39504 by KentE
LiterallyUnlimited, can you tell us if MiFi devices will be migrated as well? If so, how will that work-- will they become standard 'phone' lines? Among other issues, they don't have a phone #.